The Struggle, The Grind, The Hustle...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
www.getyourfinancesright.com
What's up ya'll? Just lettin' you know, I just finished writing my book. Right now it's tentatively called "The Struggle, The Grind, The Hustle". I'm going over it now, making editing changes. It's an autobigraphy mostly about my life before you guys knew me as a rapper, even though I was rappin' when I was going through this shit. Only the very end of the book mentions my albums, and Ghetto World Records. It's 90% about my life journey, and 10% Dago street history. I felt my songs only touched the surface of what I've been through. This is an in depth look into some real shit, that really happened. My only concern was incriminating myself on shit I did, because I would never incriminate anyone else, or say anything specific about unsolved crimes. I avoided doin' that, so it's going to be a good read.

I don't know when it's coming out. I figure I'd hit up some of the publishers that published that girl out of Philly's book "True to the game", or the one's who published Monster Kody, or Bishop Don Juan's book. A publisher that deals with street stories. If that don't work, I'll print it up myelf and sell em'. If ya'll have any info that could help me, let me know.

I also wrote a movie screenplay called "Homies Fo' Life". I've had this for a while though. Don't know if it'll ever come out, but my book will.

"In The Ghetto World" dvd coming soon.....

Mar 15, 2003
(SSD) South San Diego, CA
Diamond Publishing

WASSUP LIL CS. CHECK WITH DIAMOND PUBLISHING http://www.moyerbellbooks.com/diamond.html THEY WERE THE ONES THAT PUT OUT THE BOOK "SHOWER POSSE", WHICH WAS A VERY GOOD BOOK. THE AUTHOR OF SHOWER POSSE IS DUANE BLAKE, THE SON OF THE FOUNDER OF THE SHOWER POSSE, VIVIAN BLAKE. DUANE BLAKE ALSO OWNS THE DIAMOND PUBLISHING COMPANY. CHECK WITH HIM AND THAT COMPANY. IF THAT DOESN'T WORK, CHECK WITH DOUBLEDAY, THEY PUT OUT THE "BABY INSANE AND THE BUDDHA" BOOK. HOPE THIS HELPS. GOOD LUCK. PEACE!!!!!!!!

Apr 25, 2002
Good lookin' homey. Everytime I read your posts you're always helpin' somebody dog, with info on a cd, about a cd, where to get it or somethin'. You support all Dago artists too. Much love dog. I can only speak for myself, I really appreciate it. 1

C.S. Heat

Apr 25, 2002
One more thing homey, do you have Double Day's hook up? I don't know about them though, they might only publish snitch books. I didn't know Baby Insane. I was already in the feds when he did that shit. But fuc him!

Do you know anything about Teri Woods? She's the female that wrote "True to the Game", and now she started her own book publishing company. And do you know anything about, or find out contact info for HaperCollins Publishing. I think they did DMX's book too. And Vantage publishing put out Bishop Don Juan's book.

The first one you gave me was cool, because it seems like a small company. The big companies might not want to holla at me, and they might make me write it in good english, instead of the slang I wrote it in. I wrote it how we talk, and I don't want to change it.

Holla bac homey. 1

Apr 25, 2002
Man, good lookin' homey. Ya'll sure do be lookin' out for your boy. I appreciate it homey. Everything I said to SouthSanDiego applies to you too tonguetwista. Yau always support us Dago artists, and like "I" appreciate it. If ya'll come up with anymore info, let me know. 1

C.S. Heat

mrtonguetwista

$$ Deep Pockets $$
Feb 6, 2003
What other info are you looking for? I'm sure, since SD is 80 times bigger than Orlando, that you should have local book publishers out there...or am I mistaken.

Apr 25, 2002
Re: y0 good shit cs

eccentricSD said:
y0 good shit CS..ill definitly be coppin that shit fo sh0..autographed copy for being a homie??..lol i still say that z90 shit was framed..but y0 thanks for coming...good looking..stay up homie ill see u..0ne
Fo' sho' homey. Good lookin'. Yeah, if it wasn't framed, it was definitely a favortism thing from what I seen. 1

C.S. Heat

Doxx

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
strivin.com
If you wanna go low budget just to get a buzz built around your writing you could try a place like lulu.com.

You can self-publish books there and they are printed on demand. If someone orders one, they print one. You lose some control over the look of the book because they don't do hardcover or full color inside printing, but it's something to look into.

I know of a few people who have released books through there and it seems to work out well. I'm about to do the same. Kinda like a underground release, but if you move a decent amount of copies, a full service publishing company might become interested. Just like the music biz.

Might not be what you're looking for, but thought I'd throw it out there for you to look into: www.lulu.com (click on "FAQ" link on the top of the page where most questions about the service are answered).

Nov 14, 2002
I ain't got no publishin' info or nothin' like that, but I can wish you lucc on gettin' this out. Once you do I'll be coppin' it f'sho. And still can't wait for the Ghetto World DVD to drop. Shit's gon' be tight.

Apr 25, 2002
proppa said:
C.S. doin it big. just keep that hustle strong folks.

I know you aint just sittin and hoping.
You hit it on the nose folks. You know I ain't sittin' around and waiting. As soon as I'm done editing it I'm sending the first 4 paragraphs (what's required) out to publishers that I think would really be interested in it. I have about 3 good ones in mind. 1

C.S. Heat

SMC

Sicc OG
May 29, 2002
Yeah you should have a couple of photos in that book so people can actually see where you're coming from.