The Road (I Am Legend + Rambo?)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 3, 2005
i read the book, and wasnt the character charlize theron plays dead before the dad and the boy made their trek down "the road?" the book was great though and im definately gonna see the movie when it comes out

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
This book is terrible...so fucking boring. The main character is boring as fuck, if i have to read him say to his kid "Yes, of course you can" after his kid goes "Papa, can i ask you a question?" one more time, im gonna kill someone. no one would act this simple, the dialogue between him and his son is retarded.

hopefully the movie is much better.

Dec 26, 2004
Saw the trailer the other day, movie looks good to check out. Mostly Viggo in it, he the shit!!! The book the same name N who wrote it???

So Charlize died? Thanks. lol

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
This book is terrible...so fucking boring. The main character is boring as fuck, if i have to read him say to his kid "Yes, of course you can" after his kid goes "Papa, can i ask you a question?" one more time, im gonna kill someone. no one would act this simple, the dialogue between him and his son is retarded.

hopefully the movie is much better.
Odd, you are the first person out of about 10 people I know (not including the ones on this board) to say the book was anything but great.

I'm not too big on fictional literature but I've liked everything else I've read by Cormac McCarthy so I'm going to read the book one of these days when I knock a few others off my list.

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
^^^Im being pretty harsh, as compared to everyone i know who's read it too. I dont know anyone else that didnt like it (besides my brother, who feels the same way i do). It didnt do anything for me. So Im reading Shutter Island right now, way better. I'll re-read the Road at some point.

May 27, 2009
I thought this movie was pretty good.

Yeah it's pretty depressing. It's probably the most fucked up post-apocalyptic world I've seen. Usually in books or movies there's aspects of the world that may be hard, but survivable. Or hard but kind of fun. Or at the very least, there's some loot to be had after the apocalypse. This world is just fucked up from top to bottom.

Don't believe the thread title. The main character in this movie only has two bullets, so it's a far cry from Rambo.

I'd give it a 7 out of 10.

Mar 18, 2003
I hate to say it but the movie was a tad boring at times.

I thought it was good, though. The parts where it would flash back to Therons character brought about a great deal of emotion to go along with an already depressing existence for the father and his kid. I would have liked to see more of that. But there was about a half hour where I started to lose interest, that was until the closing of the movie. Shortening the film by about 10 minutes or so might have done it some justice. Good score and performance by Viggo.

7/10