The Rise and Fall of XPW

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 24, 2002
I FIGURED XPW AND CZW WERE JUST COPYING WHAT ECW DID BUT NEVER TRULY OUT DID ECW WHEN IT COMES TO BEING EXTREME... FMW ACTUALLY WAS THE FIRST TO DO IT RIGHT??
yes and no

Onita(dude who ran FMW and who is adeath match icon) first picked up the for idea for barbwire matches in Puerto Rico. It was then brought to japan and Onita just went crazy with it.

Everything comes from some place....

IE.

the sharpshooter:

Riki Choshu invented it

Sting brought it to the US

Bret Hart made it famous

XPW
onita comes in to cut a promo on sabu. its in english and its a decent promo to boot. You should watch the whole thing... he talks about the barbwire and says it was all his idea

Nov 14, 2002
Yeah, XPW and WCW were planning an angle for about a year. It turned out, only after they had confirmed talents and storylines that were going to be involved, that Japan had already invented it.

May 24, 2002
^^what do u feel about sumo wrestling?
Sumo is pretty cool I looked into it after finding out a few jap wrestlers were originally trained as sumo. You see that sumo slap thing they do in jap wrestling every now and then too.

Sumo was/is Japans main sport until like the 1940s when rikidozan brought western wrestling over to japan

Oct 3, 2006
Sumo is pretty cool I looked into it after finding out a few jap wrestlers were originally trained as sumo. You see that sumo slap thing they do in jap wrestling every now and then too.

Sumo was/is Japans main sport until like the 1940s when rikidozan brought western wrestling over to japan

Feb 23, 2003
I JUST WATCHED XPW COLD DAY IN HELL DVD AND I MUST SAY IT WAS A PRETTY DAMN GOOD SHOW.. I WOULD PUT IT UP THERE IN THE SAME LEVEL WITH ECW ONE NIGHT STAND