THE REALIST SHIT I EVER WROTE

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 22, 2006
I BEEN ON HERE FOR A FEW YEARS, I GO ON THE SICC EVERYDAY, BUT I NEVER REALLY POST SHIT....WELL IM LOADED RIGHT NOW AND HERE GOES MY PERSONAL STATEMENT FOR LAW SCHOOLS....I GRADUATED FROM UC BERKELEY AND PLAN TO GO TO LAW SCHOOL TO BE A PUBLIC DEFENDER TO KEEP DUMB MUTHAFUCKAS OUT OF JAIL.....LOL

PEEP...

After driving for ten hours through heavy rain and snow, we reached Ely, Nevada. It had been three and a half years since my mother and I had last seen my brother; that is how long he has resided at Ely State Prison. I was very shocked when he made his way to the visitation area, his skin was pale and he had lost a considerable amount of weight. Although I was thrilled to be able to hug my older brother, a feeling of anger ran through my body. I was angry at my brother for putting himself in this situation, I was angry at the judicial system, and I was angry with myself for not being able to help him.
I was raised in East Oakland where negativity and despair are commonly shared attitudes amongst my peers. There are very few opportunities to rise above the poverty that plagues many of its residents. Unfortunately, the availability of drugs has opened up a very easy path to escape the poor quality of life in urban America. Growing up in this environment, I have had a first hand account on the negative impact that drugs have my community. Close friends were murdered for living in a drug infested neighborhood, my household was torn apart due to my father’s cocaine addiction and the spousal abuse that resulted from his addiction; and what is worse is that my siblings have been arrested for possession and drug dealing. Dealing drugs is wrong because of the harm it causes to my community. But through the eyes of many of my peers, I understand the motivating reasons behind getting into that lifestyle. My friends and family who engaged in drug dealing did it out of necessity rather than greed. I understand that laws are put in place to keep society safe; but since childhood, I always viewed the law with skepticism and doubt because how could lawmakers understand the struggle of my community unless they have undergone my perils. I have great disbelief that many lawmakers and politicians have gone nights without food or have experienced the embarrassment of having water in their home shut off. After having gone through these types of experiences, my view of the world changed. There is a divide between people that break the law and those who uphold the law based on different life experiences. My background has given me the perspective to help bridge this division and work within the system to bring positive change within my community.
I have been a positive influence in my community by showing my peers that goals can be achieved. Whether it be tutoring for Upward Bound or encouraging my friends that it is never too late to pursue education, I have motivated many. Although I was unsure of what my path would be, I have always searched for opportunities that would help my community. Obtaining a college education was a goal that I set when I visited the University of California, Berkeley during a field trip in grade school. I was inspired by the history, the diversity of the students, and the prospect for a better life. Because of my commitment to education, I became the first in my family to attend and graduate college. I was not used to the rigorous academic standards, the theoretical rhetoric, or critical discussion that is found in college culture. However through strict discipline and focus I was able to achieve a degree in psychology. But it was from anthropology and political science classes that I realized I could make an impact on a population as opposed to a single mind.
For the past three years the population that I have chosen to work for is foster youth. My employment as a Youth Advocate Social Worker through Stahnke & Associates has ignited my drive to pursue my passion of advocating for underserved communities. Knowing that I have worked thoroughly on each case allows me to be confident that I have aided the attorneys to the best of my ability. Through drafting motions, stipulations and briefs I have helped our clients reunite with distant relatives, participate in international student ambassador programs, attend summer camps at local universities, and helped two youth attain special immigration status. I have acquired a great deal of understanding of the law process and courtroom conduct from this position, which will be an added advantage in law school.
Challenges with our clients are eventually resolved; however problems with emancipated youth are troubling because we can no longer represent them. At least once a month our office receives collect calls from former clients who are in jail. This is not surprising considering that not much is done for foster youth when they emancipate out of the system. In Solano county there is one program that offers transitional housing for former foster youth which has only 45 beds. Those who are not fortunate enough to get into the program have to either find a relative that will take them in, or end up homeless; too many end up in jail. I am very disappointed in the way foster youth are treated when they turn eighteen years old. Once the dependency case is closed by the county, they are left to fend for themselves leading to crime, drug abuse, and homelessness.
Similar to emancipated foster youth that are ignored by society, reformed criminal offenders are not given a fair chance. I have witnessed my brothers and peers receive multiple jail sentences because their psychological issues are not addressed when they are incarcerated and they face unwelcoming employers when they are released. There are few people willing to hire ex-convicts and many times they resort to the same activities that got them incarcerated. With my career in law, I plan on starting a nonprofit foundation that helps paroled nonviolent offenders find stable employment. I have witnessed the discrimination that my brothers have faced due to their criminal records. When they are motivated to change their lifestyle, it is hard for them to maintain that positive mind state when they are constantly rejected based on their history. With the right resources, I would also like to be able to create an organization that helps at risk youth such as foster youth find alternative ways to pursue success and prevent them from heading down the wrong path.
Education has allowed me to channel my negative life experiences into positive thoughts and intentions; with further guidance and training I will be able to have a significant impact in the field of law. I have gained an invaluable amount of knowledge from my current employer and I know this will translate to my performance in law school. I have worked hard and welcome challenging obstacles. I hope that my unique view of criminal law will provoke discussions amongst my peers that will help lead to a reasoned resolution. I feel very privileged and grateful for the opportunity to attend your institution. Whether I help foster youth or practice criminal defense, I will diligently fight for the needs of my clients, my community, and my brother.

KING DRU

Feb 22, 2006
lol too drunk to even embed....

yukmouth the newtestament outro

nas the world is yours

tupac--aganst all odds: "I done seen too many real playas fall to let these bitch niggas beat me....."

Mar 23, 2004
I BEEN ON HERE FOR A FEW YEARS, I GO ON THE SICC EVERYDAY, BUT I NEVER REALLY POST SHIT....WELL IM LOADED RIGHT NOW AND HERE GOES MY PERSONAL STATEMENT FOR LAW SCHOOLS....I GRADUATED FROM UC BERKELEY AND PLAN TO GO TO LAW SCHOOL TO BE A PUBLIC DEFENDER TO KEEP DUMB MUTHAFUCKAS OUT OF JAIL.....LOL

PEEP...

After driving for ten hours through heavy rain and snow, we reached Ely, Nevada. It had been three and a half years since my mother and I had last seen my brother; that is how long he has resided at Ely State Prison. I was very shocked when he made his way to the visitation area, his skin was pale and he had lost a considerable amount of weight. Although I was thrilled to be able to hug my older brother, a feeling of anger ran through my body. I was angry at my brother for putting himself in this situation, I was angry at the judicial system, and I was angry with myself for not being able to help him.
I was raised in East Oakland where negativity and despair are commonly shared attitudes amongst my peers. There are very few opportunities to rise above the poverty that plagues many of its residents. Unfortunately, the availability of drugs has opened up a very easy path to escape the poor quality of life in urban America. Growing up in this environment, I have had a first hand account on the negative impact that drugs have my community. Close friends were murdered for living in a drug infested neighborhood, my household was torn apart due to my father’s cocaine addiction and the spousal abuse that resulted from his addiction; and what is worse is that my siblings have been arrested for possession and drug dealing. Dealing drugs is wrong because of the harm it causes to my community. But through the eyes of many of my peers, I understand the motivating reasons behind getting into that lifestyle. My friends and family who engaged in drug dealing did it out of necessity rather than greed. I understand that laws are put in place to keep society safe; but since childhood, I always viewed the law with skepticism and doubt because how could lawmakers understand the struggle of my community unless they have undergone my perils. I have great disbelief that many lawmakers and politicians have gone nights without food or have experienced the embarrassment of having water in their home shut off. After having gone through these types of experiences, my view of the world changed. There is a divide between people that break the law and those who uphold the law based on different life experiences. My background has given me the perspective to help bridge this division and work within the system to bring positive change within my community.
I have been a positive influence in my community by showing my peers that goals can be achieved. Whether it be tutoring for Upward Bound or encouraging my friends that it is never too late to pursue education, I have motivated many. Although I was unsure of what my path would be, I have always searched for opportunities that would help my community. Obtaining a college education was a goal that I set when I visited the University of California, Berkeley during a field trip in grade school. I was inspired by the history, the diversity of the students, and the prospect for a better life. Because of my commitment to education, I became the first in my family to attend and graduate college. I was not used to the rigorous academic standards, the theoretical rhetoric, or critical discussion that is found in college culture. However through strict discipline and focus I was able to achieve a degree in psychology. But it was from anthropology and political science classes that I realized I could make an impact on a population as opposed to a single mind.
For the past three years the population that I have chosen to work for is foster youth. My employment as a Youth Advocate Social Worker through Stahnke & Associates has ignited my drive to pursue my passion of advocating for underserved communities. Knowing that I have worked thoroughly on each case allows me to be confident that I have aided the attorneys to the best of my ability. Through drafting motions, stipulations and briefs I have helped our clients reunite with distant relatives, participate in international student ambassador programs, attend summer camps at local universities, and helped two youth attain special immigration status. I have acquired a great deal of understanding of the law process and courtroom conduct from this position, which will be an added advantage in law school.
Challenges with our clients are eventually resolved; however problems with emancipated youth are troubling because we can no longer represent them. At least once a month our office receives collect calls from former clients who are in jail. This is not surprising considering that not much is done for foster youth when they emancipate out of the system. In Solano county there is one program that offers transitional housing for former foster youth which has only 45 beds. Those who are not fortunate enough to get into the program have to either find a relative that will take them in, or end up homeless; too many end up in jail. I am very disappointed in the way foster youth are treated when they turn eighteen years old. Once the dependency case is closed by the county, they are left to fend for themselves leading to crime, drug abuse, and homelessness.
Similar to emancipated foster youth that are ignored by society, reformed criminal offenders are not given a fair chance. I have witnessed my brothers and peers receive multiple jail sentences because their psychological issues are not addressed when they are incarcerated and they face unwelcoming employers when they are released. There are few people willing to hire ex-convicts and many times they resort to the same activities that got them incarcerated. With my career in law, I plan on starting a nonprofit foundation that helps paroled nonviolent offenders find stable employment. I have witnessed the discrimination that my brothers have faced due to their criminal records. When they are motivated to change their lifestyle, it is hard for them to maintain that positive mind state when they are constantly rejected based on their history. With the right resources, I would also like to be able to create an organization that helps at risk youth such as foster youth find alternative ways to pursue success and prevent them from heading down the wrong path.
Education has allowed me to channel my negative life experiences into positive thoughts and intentions; with further guidance and training I will be able to have a significant impact in the field of law. I have gained an invaluable amount of knowledge from my current employer and I know this will translate to my performance in law school. I have worked hard and welcome challenging obstacles. I hope that my unique view of criminal law will provoke discussions amongst my peers that will help lead to a reasoned resolution. I feel very privileged and grateful for the opportunity to attend your institution. Whether I help foster youth or practice criminal defense, I will diligently fight for the needs of my clients, my community, and my brother.

KING DRU

Feb 22, 2006
One more thing. Since tweeze is gone. I guess its up to me to rep this murder life. Irving ave. E-20th in dis bitch. Foothill and 25th ave in dis. Murders!!!

Mar 23, 2004
I feel very privileged and grateful for the opportunity to attend your institution. Whether I help foster youth or practice criminal defense, I will diligently fight for the needs of my clients, my community, and my brother.

One more thing. Since tweeze is gone. I guess its up to me to rep this murder life. Irving ave. E-20th in dis bitch. Foothill and 25th ave in dis. Murders!!!

can anybody say, bi-polar?. nothing worse then you and your public defender fighting a case at the same time.

i love siccness.