The real story behind the 1st week numbers

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 10, 2002
I've been watching a lot of the predictions here on this forum in the last few weeks. I am really thankful that there are all of these high expectations for this album, however retail plays a huge role based on their initial orders. The retail side of things are incredibly fucked up to say the least. Retail continues to shrink year by year,,,shit, month by month, week by week, day by day!!! I mean come on man, Tower Records just went completely out of business!!! On of our biggest obstacles that we faced was getting retail to believe in Tech and this album. This was a fight that included over 250 e-mails and over 40 different proposals! Although I feel that our sales team and all of the Fontana sales staff did everything they could, the fact remains, this album was grossly under shipped. With all of our efforts we were only able to ship a little over 56,000 unit. Several retailers realized that they under ordered within the first 12 hours of release day. One of the largest retailers in the country reordered over 11,500 units before the end of the first day of release! This retailer only brought in 10,000 units to start out with! They reordered more in the first day than they initially ordered!!!!! FUCK!!!!!!! I truly believe that if we could of shipped a sufficient amount of albums out in the beginning that our numbers would have been much greater. But you know what??? It is what it is. No sense in crying or complaining about shit that you can't change. What we need to do is keep finding innovative ways to promote Tech to the entire world! This is just the beginning!!! We will continue to tour, promote, and ask all of our fans to help us spread the virus! Talk about Tech N9ne! T. O.

Oct 10, 2002
DJ Mu-Zac said:
since its the number 2 indie recod will radio stations be apt to play the single ...and will it help get the video on tv?

We are going to use all of these statistics to help us push radio and video. We will soon see if it helps.

Aug 9, 2005
I WANT TO BUY EVERREADY BUT ALL THE STORES I'VE GONE TO DON'T HAVE IT, WHY IS THIS?

OH RITE, THE ORIGINAL POST..

WEAK. :dead:

Sep 18, 2006
We are going to use all of these statistics to help us push radio and video. We will soon see if it helps.
Thats a really brilliant strategy Trav. Most of the big trends you see on MTV and other mainstream media start out as small (or in tech's case, large) underground movements. Its sounds ironic, but i think saying "Fuck the Industry" is what could eventually take tech and strange music to the masses.

Jun 23, 2003
I knew some big companies would have to re order. Places round here sold all thier copies and shit.

Everready isnt going to be one of those first week blockbusters. Once it is heard along with the big numbers it is actually putting up it will get more exposure. Watch.

Mar 3, 2003
www.facebook.com
yea the store i wor at initially ordered 2 copies...we sold 1 over the weekend, but i noticed they since ordered 10 more, and put it on sale at that (14.99).

yea retail was on some bullshit, but this is just the beginning. let's all help make this thing get bigger!

Sep 17, 2003
Excellent

I'd say your efforts produced some good results! I've never seen any Tech N9ne albums in a KMART store, but our smaller-sized KMART in my town had four, and sold every one! Hopefully, you can get some media giants across this country to spin Bout Ta' Bubble now!:classic:

Say Travis, are ya'll gonna press up more Anghellic/Absolute Power? Or is that outta your hands? :paranoid: