the REAL milpitas monsta

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
www.giproductz.com
Heres a summary that someone did on it..

Summary: Well, they sure don't make 'em like this anymore...

And that's not necessarily a good or bad thing.

Let's face it: The Milpitas Monster is a cheapie...in fact it's the kind of movie that Frank Zappa immortalized in the song "Cheepnis", only a couple of decades removed. This movie rode the tips of the coat tails of the brief monster movie revival of the seventies (Octaman, The Crater Lake Monster, APE) that occurred right before the advent of Star Wars and the plunge of science fiction into the mainstream.

But it has its points. I actually like some of the stop-motion animation in this one, primitive though it may be. There are a lot of interesting camera angles that one wouldn't normally see on such a film, and the lighting is for the most part adequate (the movie, especially during most of the special effects sequences, is kept rather dark).

I even enjoyed the story up until the introduction of the stupid "odorolla" tracking device, and the particularly stupid way that was used to lure the monster to its death. I don't mind a "bad" script, but I hate a stupid one.

The Milpitas Monster is worth a look if you are a fan of the giant monster genre, or if you just like cheap movies in general. A film that has Paul Frees do the narration can't be all bad.
Check for other user comments

Also a movie by the name of River's Edge was based on a crime that happened in Milpitas....

Brief Descript.

In 1981 a Milpitas High School student killed his girlfriend, then brought his buddies to see the body. No one told the cops. We'd prefer to forget this crime, but it was made into a movie in 1987. Our "river" here being but a small creek, the film was made up on the American River.

May 8, 2002
Hey GI, did you hear about Larry getting killed on Star Lite back in November?
That was some cold shit.
Used to smoke with him and shit. Hella pineside fools would kick it at his house. He was slanging rots and had nothing but pure love for the block.
Fools be driving like idiots through the pines...