The Power of FL Studio

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 26, 2006
funny, but FL Studio is just as good. That last beat is just a sampled piano and a drumbeat, big deal. Sounds good, but it can be done in FL.

J-Traxx shit is better and he ain't even using a MPC judging by his videos. FUCK your MPC, 50cal, fuck it. haha fuck that square box, muthafucka

FUCk your MPC:

50cal

Sicc OG
Apr 12, 2005
www.freeloadmp3.com
funny, but FL Studio is just as good. That last beat is just a sampled piano and a drumbeat, big deal. Sounds good, but it can be done in FL
I realize anything can be done in Fruity Loops ( I see you call it FL Studio..haha) but the final sound thats what Im getting at....and sure you can tweak this and that...but damn i want to be ready to go..I dont want to be an editor..I just want to make music...anyways..check this next one out( you gonna cream in yo Jeans, he makes a beat towards the middle..funky piano and strings haha)...and if you like check out the rest of his videos..he uses all kinds of shit from Logic, MPC..Reason..Motif etc... I aint met him, but my homie knows him, he does work for yamaha on the Motifs...

Oh and one last thing...here is somethin That nothing has really duplicated..even an mpc it would be hard or impossible to get the sound....Oh and these aint got no E.Q. only a few seconds of sample time...it took tricks to get longer samples in etc....sure you can make beats like this on anything..but the whole sound has a feel that ya feel in your bones..

Nov 14, 2002
Oh and one last thing...here is somethin That nothing has really duplicated..even an mpc it would be hard or impossible to get the sound....Oh and these aint got no E.Q. only a few seconds of sample time...it took tricks to get longer samples in etc....sure you can make beats like this on anything..but the whole sound has a feel that ya feel in your bones..

i remember reading a interview about that and somebody said that they had to speed up a record real fast just to get a long sample in cause of the time limit on those things.thats the hiphop golden age drum machine right there.:classic:

50cal

Sicc OG
Apr 12, 2005
www.freeloadmp3.com
Yeah shit like the sp1200 and Asr-10 you would spin the record by hand as fast as you could get it going for 2 seconds then just pitch the sample down so it dont sound like chipmunks.

Apr 26, 2006
I realize anything can be done in Fruity Loops ( I see you call it FL Studio..haha) but the final sound thats what Im getting at....and sure you can tweak this and that...but damn i want to be ready to go..I dont want to be an editor..I just want to make music...anyways..check this next one out( you gonna cream in yo Jeans, he makes a beat towards the middle..funky piano and strings haha)...and if you like check out the rest of his videos..he uses all kinds of shit from Logic, MPC..Reason..Motif etc... I aint met him, but my homie knows him, he does work for yamaha on the Motifs...
That shit is really clean, not as good as the J-Traxx beat I posted though IMO. What I think it comes down to though is TALENT and the sound quality of the sounds you choose. A lot of these dudes are using great sounds to start off with, so the sounds themselves ain't really ever a problem, they just gotta worry about the talent part. And if you got the talent, your set. That's the thing with FL Studio (the name ain't Fruity Loops no more, lol), Reason and other software based setups, the sounds they come with ain't great and a lot of people just end up sticking with those sounds. Alls it takes is a good setup of sounds and you can be making some really good music in FL, Reason, whatever, if you got the talent of course.

Apr 26, 2006
That Doccfree shit is dope. Dude gots some really smooth grooves. Ain't dude from like Italy too!?!? Fucken shame when you have peeps from Europe making better shit than us. They understand good taste in music. We used to have that good taste when it came to rap, but not anymore.

Apr 26, 2006
hahahahahahha ahaha ahahahahhaaaa aaaa.aajahahhahahhahahhaahha Im agahaha IM Im sorrrrryy thats some real fruity loops right there...ahahahahaha
hahaha, your a dick. Bassline killed it yo. That's a really corny sounding bassline. haha Piano wasn't bad, but it's the same chords dude used in the tutorial.

Aug 9, 2002
LOL 50cal, the difference is obviously TALENT. You went from WORST to BEST in ascending order. From a no-name 12 year old beginner to Battlecat. Good argument buddy. You crack me up.

The problem with FL Studio is that there's so many fucking users. It's easy to crack because the copy protection is just a registry key and get a hold of, therefore everyone is going to have it. Not to mention, it's VERY easy to use, therefore people are going to find it fun to use and continue to make shitty beats and stop right there without actually thinking about improving. There's A LOT of people that use FL Studio and have no clue what VSTs are. FL Studio is the easist program to instantly make music, despite the quality of it's shitty built-in sounds. People barely beginning are naive to the whole subject, don't know any better. They don't understand that there's better samples out there, and better plugins such as VSTs. The only thing they hear is that their making instant music, so they continuing using it as-is, without actually building up the program with your own samples and plugins.

You do know that insanely talented YouTube wierdo Ronald Jenkees uses it for his sequencing, right? It's all about talent, using good sounds and proper mixing.

If you can show two guys using hardware in collaboration with software sequencing, then I can show this:

that beat was fuckin knockin! had a nigga freestylin but i had to pause it real qick just to reply.