the portland trailblazers

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 17, 2008
lol well actually....

Tom Penn staying with the Blazers
Posted by Sean Meagher, OregonLive.com May 18, 2009 11:22AM
Categories: Breaking News, Team info

With a polite "thanks, but no thanks" to the Minnesota Timberwolves. ESPN's Ric Bucher has the latest (via Blazer's Edge):

Portland Trail Blazers assistant general manager Tom Penn on Monday took his name out of the running for the position after receiving a promotion from the Blazers.

Penn's pullout, on the eve of the NBA draft lottery, follows the withdrawals of initial top candidate Dennis Lindsey of the San Antonio Spurs and former Miami Heat general manager Randy Pfund.

"It was a real tough call on his part," Warren LeGarie, Penn's agent, told ESPN The Magazine's Ric Bucher, "but he's found a home in Portland and a niche within the organization where he thought there was more to contribute to an eventual championship. The friendships and relationships there were a siren call to return."

The offer of a new contract and a still-to-be-specified elevated position -- possibly vice president of basketball operations -- also factored into Penn's decision to stay with the Blazers, Bucher reports.

ESPN.com's Marc Stein reported Friday that Penn had been offered the Wolves' job, with sources close to the process saying that the expectation in Portland was that Penn would accept.

http://blog.oregonlive.com/blazers/2009/05/tom_penn_staying_with_blazers.html

Jun 27, 2005
ok its a little early but fuck it its summer and the season is over. what happens with the draft/trades/free agency this offseason? kp was quotd as saying you wont believe who im talking about when asked about potential trades. wheels said the other day he has a "hunch" that kp is going to make a major deal and wheels is usually right when it comes to that. kp has also been talking a lot about "lopsided" trades (using cap space to absorb a bigger contract than you send out in a trade. think camby to the clips for a 2nd rounder). he's also rumored to have expressed interest in trading up in the draft to acquire stephen curry, rubio or jennings. we all know the door is about to hit sergio in the ass on his way out...what do you think is gonna happen?

personally i dont want to draft another pg i think bayless has as much if not more talent than anyone in this draft not named griffin. the only player i want out of this draft from a team need standpoint is dejuan blair, but i have no doubt whatever kp does it will be the best deal he could have made.

i dont care what happens with sergio as long as hes not a blazer next year. i think ny would be a great destination for him. hes the perfect no defense great passing pg for a dantoni system. maybe package him with some assets to ny for a deal centered around their pick. lots of teams are struggling financially which might be opening up the market for lopsided deals that could land us a vet pg or sf. milwaukee and charlotte supposedly made g wallace, r jeff and r sessions available so who knows what could happen