The perfect echo effect?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
I'm trying to find out whether there is an echo effect or preset in Protools that actually echoes just the last word of a bar or last few words.... or is that something the vocalist has to do manually? Or can the echo effect be tweaked so it will only repeat certain parts? Thanks.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
Start using the CORRECT terminology. You are looking for a DELAY.

Set the plugin up as a SEND. Set the DELAY according to the TEMPO of your song AND notes (half, quarters, etc.) If you don't know what you are doing go and find a DELAY CHART. After you find the chart set the delay according to the numbers. If you don't like what you hear or you like it and want to fine tune it go ahead and AUTOMATE it.

READ OR CONSULT A MANUAL FOR PROPER EFFECTS USE!!!!

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
yeah there are charts you can use to match yout tempos to your delay effects and you can automate when they come on and off using protools pretty easily if you read the manual. (Apple/Ctl 4) I believe is the shortcut to your automation settings in protools, i'm a bit rusty so i can be wrong about that.

Aug 12, 2002
Young D-A-T said:
Delay... you're right. Thank you, I'll be looking for the delay chart.
Just pull out a calculator...
15/tempo gives you the delay time for 1/16th notes
so if you want a quarter note dealy at 95bpm, calculate (15/95)*4 = 0.632 seconds

-=bumpus=-

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
Young D-A-T said:
Delay... you're right. Thank you, I'll be looking for the delay chart.
And the main reason why I am telling you to use the correct terms is so you won't confuse others. Reverb (which is actually a shitload of delays) has the ability to "echo". Also, if you can't find a chart Bumpus gave you the formula for calculating the delay.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
Thanks for the formula Bumpus, I had a chart but lost it. I usually just tweak my settings by ear which can be time consuming and not always correct. That will be a big help