The Original 'Man Behind the Curtain'

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 21, 2010
I was just reading my book that talked about how the manipulation and brainwash of fear-based paradigms had started in the Post-Industrial Age America, and they named someone very interesting: Edward Bernays.

I honestly just starting researching him today, and I think all of you would be very interested in reading how he had determined that people were better controlled when they had something to fear. He was the original Public Relations Propagandist for World War 1, social smoking for women, and many other unhealthy things for humankind.

Btw, he is also Sigmund Frued's nephew, and he took much inspiration from Ivan Pavlov, who is famous for his dogs that salivate on the sound of a bell due to conditioning of the senses.

If any of you find good articles please post up, I'll be searching as well.

Feb 7, 2006
I was just reading my book that talked about how the manipulation and brainwash of fear-based paradigms had started in the Post-Industrial Age America, and they named someone very interesting: Edward Bernays.

I honestly just starting researching him today, and I think all of you would be very interested in reading how he had determined that people were better controlled when they had something to fear. He was the original Public Relations Propagandist for World War 1, social smoking for women, and many other unhealthy things for humankind.

Btw, he is also Sigmund Frued's nephew, and he took much inspiration from Ivan Pavlov, who is famous for his dogs that salivate on the sound of a bell due to conditioning of the senses.

If any of you find good articles please post up, I'll be searching as well.

Great. I've been knowing about this dude for a while, and when I found out he was Frued's nephew it blew my mind...He is responsible for so much bullshit in this country and world. They actually praise this faggot as a trendsetter in business.

Sep 25, 2005
Yeah, I read quite a bit about how this dude basically implemented "marketing" as we know it today. My boy Eldon Taylor writes about it in his book "Mind Programming"..

Peep game:

Apr 18, 2005
when I found out he was Frued's nephew it blew my mind.
Wasnt even aware of this.... i have some catching up to do. this definetly puts a damper on my perception of mr freud as he is known for his innovative & free minded ideas.... i could have, should have thought he (or/and other "respectable" intellectuals) is tied to the same 7 headed dragon. this definetly reminds you to never take anyone's word as concrete. It could be caught in the same mess.

Dec 3, 2009
Very interesting. I knew that the new world used mind control , fear, and conditioning. But I wasn't sure how they did it. Well this is very good. I really gotta look into it.