The *OFFICIAL* "Who will the Raiders waste their first round pick on" thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
If Spiller if there, we're taking him. It won't be a wasted draft pick. Spiller or an offensive lineman, we won't blow it this time. If Spiller isn't there we're taking an offensive lineman.

Take Spiller, then trade McFadden for an extra draft pick and use that on another lineman.

Draft Spiller
Draft offensive lineman in early 2nd round
Trade McFadden for another pick to use on another offensive lineman.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
He could be used as a situational back..... He was picked 4th overall so he has some value. Maybe not 1st or 2nd round value, but if we drafted Spiller, I would put McFadden on the block to see if we could maybe get a 3rd for him.

Joey

Sicc OG
Jul 2, 2002
If Spiller if there, we're taking him. It won't be a wasted draft pick. Spiller or an offensive lineman, we won't blow it this time. If Spiller isn't there we're taking an offensive lineman.

Take Spiller, then trade McFadden for an extra draft pick and use that on another lineman.

Draft Spiller
There you have it...Expect this to happen...AL always gives the siccness a heads up..../thread

May 9, 2002
THE FASTEST GUY IN THE DRAFT
Aaaaand confirmed....

Draft Spiller

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/print?id=12381&imagesPrint=off

ESPN’s Chris Mortensen said on ESPN Radio Thursday morning that two high-profile AFC West players could be available during the draft. Mortensen said Oakland could move running back Darren McFadden and San Diego could trade linebacker Shawne Merriman.

The McFadden talk is surprising. He was the No. 4 overall pick in 2008. McFadden hasn’t made much of an impact and has often been injured. Still, as of now, McFadden and Michael Bush are expected to carry the load at running back for Oakland. Justin Fargas was released earlier this offseason.

If the Raiders want to trade McFadden, perhaps they are preparing to draft a running back. Clemson running back C.J. Spiller has the world-class speed that Oakland owner Al Davis craves, but so does McFadden. That’s why he was picked so high when Oakland had other glaring needs two years ago. Spiller would require Oakland’s’ top pick, which is No. 8 overall.

Perhaps the Raiders will look for a running back later in the draft. Still, I think dealing McFadden may be difficult because of his lack of production. Plus, this is a very deep running back class, so it would be surprising if a team gave up much for McFadden. There’s no way Oakland will get fair-market value in return. Oakland can’t just give away the No. 4 overall pick from two years ago. In the end, I’d be surprised if McFadden was traded.

I’d be less surprised if Merriman was sent packing, although I’m not necessarily expecting it. There has been talk of Merriman’s availability all offseason. Merriman would have to sign his restricted free-agency tender to facilitate a trade. If a team wanting to trade for Merriman is willing to give him a new contract, I’d imagine he wouldn’t have a problem signing his tender to kick start the trade.

Will these deals happen? We’ll see soon. It just adds to the excitement of the weekend.

Mar 16, 2005
a 3rd for mcfadden HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Mcfadden is not a draft day trade type of player, he would have been traded by now if he was going to be.

and if he is yo uwill be lucky to get a 5 or 6 out of it, conditional at that

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
Bad news hatin' scary.... just wishful thinkin'. You never know how things could turn out. Maybe a team could use McFadden and would be willing to give up a pick or maybe not. Maybe we could trade him with a package. We'll see....

R8R

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
AWESOME, the SICCNESS Loves the Raiders, always making threads about the boys, propz. Cant wait to see what we do. Either way it wont help our season out until we fix the line & QB situation....

Mar 16, 2005
Bad news hatin' scary.... just wishful thinkin'. You never know how things could turn out. Maybe a team could use McFadden and would be willing to give up a pick or maybe not. Maybe we could trade him with a package. We'll see....
i would bet on it right now actually!

1) mcfadden getting a 3rd or 4th means he's more valuable then anquan bolden, taking homer glasses off do you truly believe that?

2) not many teams need a back up running back unless its for a conditional pick in later rounds, just how it goes.

3) him in a package is a different story but even then it wouldnt net much unless the raiders are also giving up a higher pick.