The Official Random Thought Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 14, 2002
funny you say that, as soon as I read that reshared post from dude I thought the exact same thing.

I've been lurking these parts under a different user since '03 and I for sure don't remember this mothafucka being in the mix unless I'm missing something?

I remember Nick, Swick, Eric, kansascitycat, MasZive, JL, Ant, Slither, Myser, CyrusTheVirus, Freix and a few others I'm missing off top that were the forums furniture pieces who in their own personal time would've contributed to the 'brand' long before this self-proclaimed brand building mogul/indy manager showed face (if he ever did lol)
You pretty much nailed them all. There was Kirby, DeanTheAllmighty and that square JuggaloOutkaxt too but yeah. Who the fuck goes "door to door" giving out singles? That dollar store Travis is a lying POS. I doubt he even knows wtf FTO means or why it was a thing. (Sorry btw, I think I might have started that)

Building brands? Fuck off. A lot of ppl around here put in a lot of time and effort for Strange. Dude is pissin me the fuck off.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
Josh Rickards was a lackey for Tech. Basically a stage goon, he didn't have direct deposit for his checking account. And when Travis cut his check at a show in '09, he asked me to drive him to the bank. On separate drives the same day, I took both he and Jose to deposit their checks.

Josh wanted me to swing by the mall so he could pick something up for Tech as a birthday present. I am pretty sure it was the same show Ant and I were at. Anyway, we went to Foot Locker so Josh could see if there was any new Jordan shoes available. Judging by how he approached the situation and how he excused them not having any stuff Tech didn't already have, I felt he was faking the whole thing and didn't really intend on buying anything. What I'm saying was ol' Cross-Eyed Joe was trying to make a relationship more interconnected than it actually was. Anyway, Josh got his nickname from his seriously thick glasses, and don't believe for a second he did anything other than what he was told to in terms of building the brand.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
And for the record, I nearly literally went door to door at my apartment complex when the We Got This '09 samplers were in the mix. I also cruised the block of the high school and tossed them at kids walking home. We all did our part. We all worked so people could knkw his music. Not for a second do I get twisted how miniscule I am to those people, and I'm not hurt because of it. I played my role and it moved on to another role. Josh is just having a hard time accepting it. They fired those that fuck with the vibe. Josh, Ali, Brother Al, Britton, Erik, and Scenario all took liberties at their jobs, and they all either quit or were removed from the equation.

CyrusTheVirus

thats just my ghost
Oct 31, 2002
legendary
"Focus on being a genuine person first and foremost. People who see some success but don't appreciate those who helped them reach it are not rich in character. Yes it is a cut throat business out there, though you don't need to be that way to get ahead. Let the flock congregate over a small pond while you seek out a lake, and eventually the ocean. This mentality will get you a long way if applied! Always treat people like family and with kindness, regardless of who they are!"
I don't follow them on facebook so I don't see these messages. I do like when folks put out a positive vibe as I have seen enough negativity in my days to last multiple lifetimes. One thing I noticed is the progression from pond to lake to the ocean. from pond to lake makes sense but when you get to the ocean the water is salty and no longer good for consumption. I get what is trying to be conveyed though.

funny you say that, as soon as I read that reshared post from dude I thought the exact same thing.

I've been lurking these parts under a different user since '03 and I for sure don't remember this mothafucka being in the mix unless I'm missing something?

I remember Nick, Swick, Eric, kansascitycat, MasZive, JL, Ant, Slither, Myser, CyrusTheVirus, Freix and a few others I'm missing off top that were the forums furniture pieces who in their own personal time would've contributed to the 'brand' long before this self-proclaimed brand building mogul/indy manager showed face (if he ever did lol)
It's an honor to be mentioned in this statement but I would consider my contributions minimal. Other than talking shit on the sicc, popping up hella faded in my FTI shirt at various shows, and hanging up a few everready posters before the release party I haven't done shit. Sure I slumped the sounds and told folks I know about it but I didn't put in work like some of these other folks. I don't know the folks at strange personally but I respect what it has become and wish them all the best, always have.

And for the record, I nearly literally went door to door at my apartment complex when the We Got This '09 samplers were in the mix. I also cruised the block of the high school and tossed them at kids walking home. We all did our part. We all worked so people could knkw his music. Not for a second do I get twisted how miniscule I am to those people, and I'm not hurt because of it. I played my role and it moved on to another role. Josh is just having a hard time accepting it. They fired those that fuck with the vibe. Josh, Ali, Brother Al, Britton, Erik, and Scenario all took liberties at their jobs, and they all either quit or were removed from the equation.
LDS I remember you repped it hella hard and put in much work. It was a great blessing when the forum moderation transitioned over to you as I think that was a wonderful thing.

The siccness has been a great place for years, it moves a bit slower than it used to but that's probably due to social media taking over the communications market. I enjoy reading the opinions of the people here because it's gonna be honest and not pom pom shit. Zero has always spoke his mind no matter what and I respect the fuck out of that. I don't pay much attention to shit now days just cause I got too much other shit to worry about.

stay positive folks, much love

Nov 14, 2002
[quotedon't follow them on facebook so I don't see these messages. I do like when folks put out a positive vibe as I have seen enough negativity in my days to last multiple lifetimes. One thing I noticed is the progression from pond to lake to the ocean. from pond to lake makes sense but when you get to the ocean the water is salty and no longer good for consumption. I get what is trying to be conveyed though.[/quote]

Ah the guy is just repeating some street prophet bullshit that he probably heard from some Netflix documentary.

Nov 14, 2002
don't follow them on facebook so I don't see these messages. I do like when folks put out a positive vibe as I have seen enough negativity in my days to last multiple lifetimes. One thing I noticed is the progression from pond to lake to the ocean. from pond to lake makes sense but when you get to the ocean the water is salty and no longer good for consumption. I get what is trying to be conveyed though.
Ah the guy is just repeating some street prophet bullshit that he probably heard from some Netflix documentary.

Last edited:

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
Man I hate to say it, but I think Tech got hoodwinked by some fan claiming to be Anon. That was particularly poorly put together and lacked direction. The editor used orchestra footage and didn't even bother to use footage that synched with the Guy Fawkes maestro on stage. The entire orchestra can be seen taking direction from the pit maestro yet the only thing actually being played is the organ. There were a number of poorly assembled stylistic choices like using a dissolve and cheap, film-school-sophomore graphics. The overall message was to fight against the YouTube generation by... being part of the YouTube generation? But then the message is about mothers? Tech was difficult to see due to the overabundant and poorly tuned greenscreen work, and then he turned into a ghost and flew into the top of the playhouse? Unless I've been indoctrinated by subliminal, I really don't believe this is an Anon project. It's too poorly formed, as if the idea wasn't cooked long enough.

Last edited: