The Official Random Thought Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 11, 2006
www.myspace.com
I was a member of an underground rap forum way back when and I remember when hopsin was only getting 1,000 views on videos if that. He was asking for feedback on his videos and I remember kinda shitting on him and saying to quit using green screen because he obviously didn't know how to use it correctly. His next videos he quit using it then ha ha.

I honestly did not expect him to get this big. I remember thinking he was just way too whiny and condescending.
I think we can call that myspace hopsin. First I heard of him was faygoluvers just browsing the random posts back when you could actually scroll through threads and see shit you've never seen.

btw, its the 420th page post your favorite strain

Aug 20, 2006
FLA
Me too. First season was way better than what I was expecting. I just watched Constantine season 1 recently and I'm kinda bummed that it got cancelled. I thought it was really similar to Sleepy Hollow but did the supernatural stuff way better. I stopped watching Sleepy Hollow a couple episodes into season 2 because it was just too stupid.

Rezin

Sicc OG
Feb 28, 2008
You know something that is a little weird?? The Strange Music channel on youtube has deleted every single one of Jay Rocks music videos.

I searched the channel and he is nowhere to be found other than Vlogs. I typed Jay Rock into youtube also and no strange affiliated videos pooped up.

Do you think part of the deal they made was for strange to delete theor music videos?

Jan 11, 2006
www.myspace.com
You know something that is a little weird?? The Strange Music channel on youtube has deleted every single one of Jay Rocks music videos.

I searched the channel and he is nowhere to be found other than Vlogs. I typed Jay Rock into youtube also and no strange affiliated videos pooped up.

Do you think part of the deal they made was for strange to delete theor music videos?
The thing about youtube is that single channel is connected to a single paypal, so, the money still being projected even to this day even kutts videos have to go through strange's fingertips first. Just seems easier to delete, but they by far lost a lot of views publicly due to that. For every say million views, that's about a grand in pocket.

Rezin

Sicc OG
Feb 28, 2008
Where did you get that information?
I just took figures from people who revealed how much they made and inflated it for a million views. Like I said idk if its exactly right but I assume it's close, maybe a thousand or two higher than most would get.

Gangman style only made around $800,000 for a billion views, so it's not like people are getting filthy rich from this.

And I think people average 5$'s per 1,000 views

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2002
You don't get paid per "views". You get paid for ads. Most of which, btw are blocked by programs like ABP, and a majority of the others are skipped. On top of that, not every time you view a video are you going to be asked to sit through an ad. And of course, video ads like car commercials and movie trailers are going to make you more than a banner ad click through.

People hardly make any money from Youtube.

You'd have to sit through 1000 full ads for someone to make seven bucks on average. And those numbers are very rough since Youtube might take more or less based on your content and how well you can "negotiate" with them (which basically means you take what they offer you).

Last edited:

Rezin

Sicc OG
Feb 28, 2008
One word: pewdiepie

You don't get paid per "views". You get paid for ads. Most of which, btw are blocked by programs like ABP, and a majority of the others are skipped. On top of that, not every time you view a video are you going to be asked to sit through an ad. And of course, video ads like car commercials and movie trailers are going to make you more than a banner ad click through.

People hardly make any money from Youtube.

You'd have to sit through 1000 full ads for someone to make seven bucks on average. And those numbers are very rough since Youtube might take more or less based on your content and how well you can "negotiate" with them (which basically means you take what they offer you).
People are most certainly making a living(and then some) from youtube, I mean just google some of the most popular youtubers.
And I know you don't get paid for views, but every 1,000 views roughly equals anywhere between $3-$7 in Ad revenue.

And some are even getting more than that, so I think the average pay out for a million views is anywhere between $3,000 to $7,000 depending on your AD's.

Anyways check this out: https://longzijun.wordpress.com/2013/05/28/how-much-do-the-top-youtube-stars-make/

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2002
You guys seriously believe that if I click on a Pewtiepie (whatever the fuck his name is) video, regardless of if I watch an ad or not, he gets like .000007 of a cent or something?

every 1,000 views roughly equals anywhere between $3-$7 in Ad revenue.
That's crazy speak.

You're showing me articles speculating how much someone MIGHT be making. I'm telling you how the pay really works. Most people getting tons of views on youtube are MOSTLY using Youtube as an advertizing platform for their live-stream donations, kickstarters, paypals, Patreons, etc.

Anyhow, my original point was that Strange isn't making any bank off of their Youtube and I ASSURE you, none of their artists (aside from Tech) could order a pizza with the money they see from Youtube.

Nov 14, 2002
Volbeat was amazing here at rockfest!! Crowd was really into it! His voice is so damn unique, I used to hate it at first but it grew on me.
They were there with you guys in KC and were in NY a day or two days later, which I was curious about. I wonder how they travel... ::shrug::

But man... Volbeat is pretty much the only rock I fuck with these days. It's playing as I type this right now. Shit gets me hyped. They hit everything that I love in rock. A good original voice, great breakdowns, double bass when necessary... They're just enough metal, just enough punk, just enough "oldschool", just enough pop (yeah I said it, pop. Pretend like you don't like a Miley Song here or there, posers) and all in one fucking song. Shit... They are every great band in a single song, and I love almost every one of their damn songs in one way or another.

I'll find it hard to be a friend with someone who listens to a few Volbeat songs and tells me "they suck". I appreciate views from everyone but... You're just wrong if you don't think Volbeat is dope.

Last edited: