THE OFFICIAL NORV TURNER IS GETTIN THE AX THREAD

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California
I don't know why they fired Marty Schottenheimer in the first place? He's the one who helped Bill Cowher before he became a Head Coach.
I think Chargers management have a mentality like al davis where they wanna be in total control of what plays are being called. They wanna control the style of play. Well, marty wasn't going for that. Marty stuck to the basics; running the football or what we call out here Martyball. It wasn't until 2 years before he got fired that he got the formula down, mixing it up with run plays and pass plays. When was the last time you seen LT jump over the defensive line for a TD? whe was the last time you saw LT be the qb and throw a pass? during the playoffs in the 14-2 season, management threatened to fire Marty if he lost a playoff game. Thats the game where we played sloppy as hell and the cheatriots beat us as they did the merriman dance in the end zone after the game lol When that happened, well the coaching staff under Marty peaced ut. And someone can correct me if I am wrong but i do believe they told MArty he couold come back, only to fire him weeks later.
Bill Cowher was a coach that was available at the time. So why did they choose Norv? Because he is a puppet. plain and simple. I know it doesn't make sense, but thats how I see it. And now the rumor is they not gonna re-sign Merriman next season.

Jazzo

Master of Debauchery
Aug 18, 2003
Off the Grid
I think Chargers management have a mentality like al davis where they wanna be in total control of what plays are being called. They wanna control the style of play. Well, marty wasn't going for that. Marty stuck to the basics; running the football or what we call out here Martyball. It wasn't until 2 years before he got fired that he got the formula down, mixing it up with run plays and pass plays. When was the last time you seen LT jump over the defensive line for a TD? whe was the last time you saw LT be the qb and throw a pass? during the playoffs in the 14-2 season, management threatened to fire Marty if he lost a playoff game. Thats the game where we played sloppy as hell and the cheatriots beat us as they did the merriman dance in the end zone after the game lol When that happened, well the coaching staff under Marty peaced ut. And someone can correct me if I am wrong but i do believe they told MArty he couold come back, only to fire him weeks later.
Bill Cowher was a coach that was available at the time. So why did they choose Norv? Because he is a puppet. plain and simple. I know it doesn't make sense, but thats how I see it. And now the rumor is they not gonna re-sign Merriman next season.
At that time Bill Cowher would have never taken that job anyway no matter how much yaper SD would offer. Bill is too close to Marty until this day and he wouldn't move his wife and daughters from their siuations on the eastcoast. Marty is a great coach and believes in a methodical approach similiar to Steeler football.

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California
At that time Bill Cowher would have never taken that job anyway no matter how much yaper SD would offer. Bill is too close to Marty until this day and he wouldn't move his wife and daughters from their siuations on the eastcoast. Marty is a great coach and believes in a methodical approach similiar to Steeler football.
You are a smart man my friend. I never knew marty was close to bill. So Bill knows the real deal about SD.
Even if we fire Norv, whatever coach we get, its gonna be another rebuilding process.

ESCOBAR 92113

BARRIO LOGAN
Oct 31, 2003
SAN DIEGO
SOUTHEASTSANDIEGO.COM
You are a smart man my friend. I never knew marty was close to bill. So Bill knows the real deal about SD.
Even if we fire Norv, whatever coach we get, its gonna be another rebuilding process.
jazzo is right, bill cowher is a great friend of marty and would never come to san diego because of the way they did marty. And youre right, the chargers did tell marty he would be back...for one more year. Marty got smart and told his assistants to look out for themselves and get other jobs. wade went to the cowboys and cam cameron to the dolphins. at that point marty went to aj smith and told him he was gonna bring in his brother (whom is garbage) to be the d coordinator...aj said hell nah, and the rest is history...

solitary, man i hate to say you were right...i fucken left at halftime yesterday. i spend too much money and time to watch garbage like that. norve has totally lost team, one by one they are starting to drop hints or say things on tv interviews implying norv sucks....the owners came out and said he is coming back but i take that with a grain of salt......

ESCOBAR 92113

BARRIO LOGAN
Oct 31, 2003
SAN DIEGO
SOUTHEASTSANDIEGO.COM
take a look at denver, these dudes got injuries up the asshole....they got some fucken running back from off the streets, and a defense that resembles swiss cheese. yet they go into miami, atlanta and new york and win...thats coaching, thats being prepared thats good game planning/scheming

Dec 9, 2005
Should've stayed in SF, he was doing a decent job with the offense. I knew he wasn't going to do diddly squat in SD. You can't getter done with that squad you suck as a HC.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
SD has lost too many squeekers to keep norv as head coach, it was a mistake for them to fire marty in the first place

PoLLo LoC831

NINER EMPIRE
Mar 20, 2005
is it really Norv? he did take the charger one game away from the super bowl last year. but this year they are playing like trash, i think even the niners can beat them.

Mar 16, 2005
take a look at denver, these dudes got injuries up the asshole....they got some fucken running back from off the streets, and a defense that resembles swiss cheese. yet they go into miami, atlanta and new york and win...thats coaching, thats being prepared thats good game planning/scheming
correction, went into cleveland and won...miami came here and beat us...we can win on road but not at home...SUCKS!!!!!

Also at least someone recognizes we have tons of injuries. I hate watching football "experts" talk about denver underacheiving etc etc etc but not acknowledge we have waaaaaaay too many starters out with injuries including some of our best players like young, pittman, dj and champ

hahaha yes we did