THE OFFICIAL LA DODGERS ARE UP IN THIS BITCH THREAD!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

caff

Sicc OG
May 10, 2002
lmao on the all star national line up, every team sporting there white jerseys except for the wack ass giants caca uniforms...

Sep 25, 2005
if we dont catch first place we aint worried, leading the wild card anyways.

creepin on uh come up.
i honestly feel if you can go out and get a big bat AND run over NL West team (which you haven't done thus far)......you can win the wild card......NL Central are going to beat each other up.........NL East is Phillies and Marlins.....Mets are done....

VanD

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2004

as you can see on this timeline, The Giants have been my team since 1883

and unlike your extremely homosexual team, my team has been The Giants since 1885 after a brief 2 year stint as the Gothams which was the only other moniker we sported, again very much unlike your very homosexual franchise.

even the city of new york/brooklyn agrees that you were/are the fruitcake franchise hence why they never cared that your team moved to cali.

the Giants however had a football team named after them and influenced the team color of the replacement baseball team, the mets; because the city missed/cared about the Giants greatly.

Sep 25, 2005
traits of a great manager.........................

http://www.dailynews.com/ci_12869702?source=rss
Kershaw allowed a hit in each of the first and fourth innings. He was pulled after throwing 103 pitches in seven innings, during which he struck out five and walked one to lower his ERA to 2.95.

"If we send him back out there all of a sudden 103 pitches turns into 120," Dodgers manager Joe Torre said.

Jan 5, 2006
uhh if the mechanics are there and theyre good, there should be no issues.. a pitcher can throw 300 pitches if his mechanics are flawless all night.. You usually start to worry when the pitcher leaves the ball up alot or walks alot of batters and command is wearing

Sep 25, 2005
uhh if the mechanics are there and theyre good, there should be no issues.. a pitcher can throw 300 pitches if his mechanics are flawless all night.. You usually start to worry when the pitcher leaves the ball up alot or walks alot of batters and command is wearing
hahaha.....each pitch throw puts a given amount of stress on the throwing arm...............pushing up pitch counts isnt beneficial to the pitcher.......

throwing 300 pitches would be devastating to the long term goals of a given pitcher even with flawless mechanics......................

Jan 5, 2006
yea but 120 is nothing.. you make it seem like he's gonna get cancer or its gonna fall off with a count that high. The Mlb max is usually around 130.. and thats if a pitcher is really pushing for the CG.

mechanics are just that.. to take off the stress from the arm.. theres barely any stress on the throwing arm. Once you get into that arm slot its golden.

Sep 25, 2005
lol...............i dont mean to talk down on you discuss, but you don't know what you are talking aobut.....because thats not what all my friends say......my friends that are SCOUTS........some of which are socuts WITH THE GIANTS........

High pitch counts---120+ per game
long innings---25+ pitches per inning
high stress pitches/situations---W/RISP, game on the line

are all factors that can lead to more stress on an arm than normal......

VanD

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2004
^^^ those factors you list COULD lead to more stress, BUT if mechanics are GOOD, then pitchers CAN be fine. if mechanics are BAD 20 pitches could hurt an arm, if mechanics are GOOD then 200 pitches COULD be fine.

are all factors that CAN lead to more stress on an arm than normal......
even you say its a chance/possibility. chances/possibilities will vary by pitcher but mechanics are the most important factor. yes those situations can raise chance but some guys are clutch/calm even with RISP and mechanics remain fine.

guys used to pitch on 3 days rest and well over 100 pitches per game and lasted long careers. the difference now is they are worth millions of dollars and organizations dont want to risk anything. they baby players so they dont take any chance.

bottom line = bad mechanics in 1 inning will cause more stress than good mechanics in a complete game

Sep 25, 2005
there is a given amount of stress put on the arm and elbow on EVERY PITCH..............good mechanics will keep the amount of stress at a minimum.........bad mechanics will add extra stress.................

so good mechanics doesnt mean NO STRESS.........it means the minimal amount of stress........

very good mechanics stress will still be put on elbow and arm with every pitch........

and guess what?? pitch #100 puts more stress on a pitchers body than pitch #1..........and pitch #120 puts more stress on a pitcher than pitch #100..........regardless of mechanics

now if you dont want to believe me............than see what happens after a few years of lincecum going 115-125 per outing....................with his horrible mechanics....

Jan 5, 2006
with very good mechanics combined with a good workout regimen would put very little stress on the throwing arm.

its dependent from pitcher to pitcher.. but lincecums mechanics are just that.. perfect for his body, he pretty much strides lenght 100% of his height or close to it, which maximizes velocity and reduces stress to the arm.

im no physics genius but i do know that good mechanics allow a pitcher to pitch well over 100 pitches with minimal stress to the arm. I dont care how many scouts you are friends with, this is true and science proves it.. i wish i wouldve tivo'd it but Krukow the announcer for the giants and former pitcher, was even talking mechanics a couple weeks back.