The Official 2013 Raiders Offseason Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 23, 2005
Time to get that salty taste of the 2012 season out and begin the new

"The Raiders are reportedly interviewing Montreal Alouettes coach Marc Trestman for their offensive coordinator vacancy on Sunday.
Interesting. The interview is proof that Trestman has designs on an NFL return even if he doesn't get the Bears' head-coaching job. He joins ex-Rams coach Mike Martz and senior offensive assistant Al Saunders as candidates to run the Raiders offense."

im not to sure about trestman. He has had success in the CFL and was here as the OC during the 2002 superbowl run. QB coach for us before that and had some say in Gannon winning MVP. But the next year after that great offensive 2002, the offense was dismal under his reigns.

I wish Al saunders would come back but i doubt it, seeing how reggie and DA want to run this offense. THey seem to shy away from the big plays and stretching the field

Jun 23, 2005
The Oakland Raiders have held exploratory talks with Ray Anderson, the NFL's senior vice president of football operations, about a senior executive front office job as owner Mark Davis is contemplating a restructuring of the franchise's organization, according to league sources.

The Raiders sought and received permission from the NFL to speak with Anderson, who joined the league as the football operations chief in 2006, sources said.

Neither Anderson nor the Raiders could be reached for immediate comment.

Jan 12, 2006
What sucks for the raiders is that finding a proven OC will be tough in my opinion. The reason being Allen is still very young and unproven, I have a theory that most proven OC's will feel they can do Allens job better then he can, can you imagine Norv Turner as the Raiders OC? Most people including Norv himself will probably be thinking he should be coaching the team instead of Allen. The raiders are going to have to find an OC from the college ranks or a QB type coach in the NFL who lacks experience but has a lot of upside. That way he doesn't undermine Allen or make him feel threatened. Until then they will have to settle for washed up OC's like Mike Martz. just my two cents

Props: Rasan
Jan 12, 2006
What sucks for the raiders is that finding a proven OC will be tough in my opinion. The reason being Allen is still very young and unproven, I have a theory that most proven OC's will feel they can do Allens job better then he can, can you imagine Norv Turner as the Raiders OC? Most people including Norv himself will probably be thinking he should be coaching the team instead of Allen. The raiders are going to have to find an OC from the college ranks or a QB type coach in the NFL who lacks experience but has a lot of upside. That way he doesn't undermine Allen or make him feel threatened. Until then they will have to settle for washed up OC's like Mike Martz. just my two cents

Paul Gutierrez ‏@PGutierrezCSN

#Raiders McKenzie says he talked to Norv Turner about OC spot early in process, but Norv said he was not interested
Damn I was right on the money a few days ago, csn bay area just reported Norv turned down the Raiders. I knew shit was bad in Oakland, but to the point where people rather coach the browns? I hope things get better in Oakland soon, not fun watching the Raiders struggle like that.

Jul 29, 2002
There was more offensive coordinator movement late Friday. The Oakland Raiders hired former Jacksonville Jaguars quarterbacks coach Greg Olson for their open position, ESPN's Bill Williamson reported. Olson is expected to bring a power-run game that should better fit Darren McFadden, who never seemed to find his way in fired Greg Knapp's zone-blocking scheme. That was Knapp's undoing. Olson was an offensive coordinator for six years before his stint in Jacksonville -- three with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, two with the St. Louis Rams and one with the Detroit Lions.

Speaking of Knapp, he was hired to coach the quarterbacks in Denver on Friday. More specifically, Knapp was hired to work with Broncos quarterback Payton Manning. He was the quarterbacks coach with the Houston Texans for two years before taking the Raiders job in 2012. Previously, Knapp was an offensive coordinator with the Seattle Seahawks (2009), Oakland (2007-08), San Francisco 49ers (2001-03) and Atlanta Falcons (2004-06). He's known for his work with Steve Young, Jeff Garcia and Matt Schaub.

Dont know anything about this guy..........

Jul 29, 2002
Oakland Raiders hire new offensive coordinator
By Steve Corkran

scorkran[USER=64637]@BAYAREA[/USER]newsgroup.com

mercurynews.com
Posted: 01/18/2013 11:00:00 PM PST
January 19, 2013 3:50 PM GMTUpdated: 01/19/2013 07:50:03 AM PST

The Raiders on Friday hired Greg Olson to be their offensive coordinator, a person familiar with the situation said.

Olson spent last season as the assistant head coach/quarterbacks coach for the Jacksonville Jaguars. He replaces Greg Knapp in Oakland and will work under coach Dennis Allen.

Olson has six years' experience as an offensive coordinator in the NFL, including three with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, from 2009-11. During that time, Olson was credited with the rapid development of quarterback Josh Freeman into one of the league's more promising players.

It's also worth noting that Olson favors a power-blocking scheme, which means the zone-blocking scheme favored by Knapp and fired offensive-line coach Frank Pollack are gone after one season.

That should help jump-start running back Darren McFadden, who averaged only 3.3 yards per carry in 2012 and never looked comfortable in the scheme.

Rams running back Steven Jackson had his best season in 2006 with Olson as his offensive coordinator.

Olson also worked with Drew Brees when both were at Purdue and Olson was the quarterbacks coach.

Allen hired Olson after a lengthy and thorough search that included interviews with numerous high-profile candidates. In the end, Allen felt as if Olson was the best fit.

heres another article about it........

Nov 1, 2004
Not excited about the hire. Maybe Reggie likes tanking for the draft picks.

This guy is credited with helping Josh Freeman blossom? On what? Fake Madden ratings?

Raiders go 6-10. Early prediction.