The Official 2011 Los Angeles Lakers Offseason Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

corinthian

Just Win Baby!!!
Feb 23, 2006
3rd ID
Get your shots in while you can, fuckboys. 'cause you already know we don't stay down for long. I guarantee we will be right back in the mix next season. shit, we'll be back in the finals before the warriors even make the playoffs again. hahahahaha

so should we go after dwight or cp3? maybe trade for iguadala?

corinthian

Just Win Baby!!!
Feb 23, 2006
3rd ID
a great year for warriors fans is not having a losing record. a bad year for us is not winning the championship. bwahahahahaha, it's great being a lakers fan and knowing your next championship is never that far off. we the best!

Mar 18, 2003
I agree with what Magic said, something along the lines of "Call the Orlando Magic and tell them you can have anybody except for Kobe Bryant...", basically alluding to trading for Dwight Howard. On the other hand, I also agree with Barkley, that the only "quick" player we have is Shannon Brown. This is precisely why someone like Barea could not be stopped. Brown did good playing defense against him, but all Dallas had to do was run a screen, get Brown off of him, and Barea blew right by everyone else.

Jan 16, 2006
Everywhere
I say the big thing is to not OVERREACT to this loss in the offseason. We have a solid core that I think will come out like 2009..hungry to bring the title back to the city. Don't just start shipping everybody off. I don't doubt that 3 straight finals runs has taken it's toll physically and mentally on most of these guys.

First of all, we need to figure out the coaching situation. I am really looking forward to getting a new coach, a fresh system, and a fresh and more rested Laker squad next season...Some of the blame for the failure this postseason rests with Phil..some of his decisions had me scratching my head at times. We have been running the same system and style for years now...i think it's time for a change...

Our biggest weaknesses that were exposed this season, not just in the playoffs, is our weak bench, our lack of athleticism, and Fisher as our starting PG. Fisher is forever cemented into Laker lore...but his days are over..atleast as a starter. We need a PG that can actually drive to the basket, finish, pass, and hit consistent jump shot. Kobe needs to be able to focus on scoring instead of fulfilling our PG duties...it's too much these days. I wouldn't be against parting with one of our bigs if it meant getting a good PG to play in the backcourt with Kobe. We also need a real knockdown shooter and some speed....im excited for this offseason.

Jan 16, 2006
Everywhere
I want to see Ebanks integrated more into the team...He reminds me of Ariza...Caracter too...they are both motivated young rooks who want to play and contribute...Phil never really gave them any run..which pissed me off, lol..

phil

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
what day WOULD have game 5 been played? just wondering, hypothetically, in case it would have been necessary.

Jul 25, 2007
a great year for warriors fans is not having a losing record. a bad year for us is not winning the championship. bwahahahahaha, it's great being a lakers fan and knowing your next championship is never that far off. we the best!
Meh..who cares. Yea the dubs suck. Its not a secret but who cares because Im use to it. At least my SF Giants won the world series to cover that feeling of the warriors sucking again. Fuck the Lakers and the 10,000 faggot lakes that made up the name Lakers.

Mar 18, 2003
FUCK YOU GAY ASS LAKERS YALL AIN'T SHIT WHEN THE RES CAN'T CHEAT FOR YOU AND NOW WE ALL KNOW SOMEHOW YOUR GONNA GET DWIGHT HOWARD FOR TRASH FUCK YOUR WEAK ASS TEAM WARRIORS BITCH WE DON'T NEED NO REFS TO CHEAT FOR US YOU BITCHES
How's that "piece of trash" Marc Gasol working out for memphis?

May 3, 2002
I hope the Clippers make some moves and go after Dwight Howard, that would be one nasy tandem with Dwight & Blake in the paint and Dwight could help him mature, throw CP3 in the mix and the Lakers wouldn't be the top team in LA anymore.

I see some major changes, not only is Kobe aging but numerous others as well. I can definitely see them attempting a trade Howard, maybe throwing Artest and Gasol? Perhaps even Odom, i think Odom's mind is not on basketball but instead on his Burchie Khloe. I'd ship odom out there as well, i think they're regretting that trade for Artest as i'm sure Ariza would of made much more contributions this time around than Artest did this postseason, moving so sluggish. Fisher should retire or come off the bench. I think Brown can run the point for the Lakers. Adding CP3 and Howard would be a big splash, Kobe can still be productive at a high level for another 3 years i think. He's still has gas in the tank no doubt as i saw him elevating over kidd with ease with that smooth jumper he has.

May 10, 2002
TSSSSSSSSSHAAAAAAA.COM
THEY DIDN'T TRADE FOR ARTEST HE SIGNED WITH THEM AND ARIZA SIGNED A BIG DEAL WITH THE ROCKETS, DAMN YOU LAKERS FANS DON'T EVEN FOLLOW YOUR OWN TEAM JUST TURN ON THE PLAYOFFS CUZ YOU THINKS ITS COOL TO WEAR THAT SORRY ASS PURPLE N YELLOW, AND THE LAKERS HAD NO IDEA MARC GASOL WAS GOOD, DURING THAT TRADE HE WAS TRASH

corinthian

Just Win Baby!!!
Feb 23, 2006
3rd ID
THEY DIDN'T TRADE FOR ARTEST HE SIGNED WITH THEM AND ARIZA SIGNED A BIG DEAL WITH THE ROCKETS, DAMN YOU LAKERS FANS DON'T EVEN FOLLOW YOUR OWN TEAM JUST TURN ON THE PLAYOFFS CUZ YOU THINKS ITS COOL TO WEAR THAT SORRY ASS PURPLE N YELLOW, AND THE LAKERS HAD NO IDEA MARC GASOL WAS GOOD, DURING THAT TRADE HE WAS TRASH
memphis was looking to clear out cap space, they offered gasol to chicago first and they didn't make it happen. the cap space allowed them to sign guys like z-bo. marc gasol was a gamble, but it was not a bad one to make. the lakers made the same type of gamble with kobe and it worked out great. now it's also working out great for the grizz.

stop being such a bitter crybaby bitch. your team sucks and it has nothing to do with the refs or being a small market team. teams that have good management and make the right moves get better and do well in the playoffs.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=3szpwfy

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California
i have much respect for the lakers organization and the history of the franchise and what they have accomplished in the NBA and in sports history as a whole. however, i cant stand kobe bryant and that trascends to the team at times lol....
but to stay on topic, i see howard leaving for a trade. if ya'll cough up bynum/odom/gasol for howard, i'd be down. i really dont wanna see the nig go, but hey it is what it is. i went thru this pain when ya'll got oneal. :(

Dec 2, 2006
i have much respect for the lakers organization and the history of the franchise and what they have accomplished in the NBA and in sports history as a whole. however, i cant stand kobe bryant and that trascends to the team at times lol....
but to stay on topic, i see howard leaving for a trade. if ya'll cough up bynum/odom/gasol for howard, i'd be down. i really dont wanna see the nig go, but hey it is what it is. i went thru this pain when ya'll got oneal. :(
That makes alot of sense and could happen.

Lets really break this on down further though. Phil Jackson was a big piece to the puzzle as well. Losing him is a gash too. They have to blow up this nucleus as they got completely ran off the fucking court today..... Bring in Howard, cool. That trade you mentioned would be fair. They still have areas to fill and are not going to be a playoff threat for a few years, Kobe and all. Atleast that is how I see it. Bias, probably, but FUCK THE LAKERS! Nothing personal, yall know how it be. Today was just the begining, and it was ugly....