*The Official 2010 NFL Draft Thread*

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 24, 2006
Tate falls to the Chiefs in the 2nd round?

i'll take it.

The first round pick for the Chiefs can go any direction imo, they need everything but maybe a RB. Lots of players I like though, so I wouldn't be mad at all with whomever they draft because there is gonna be a damn good player to be had at #5 regardless.

PoLLo LoC831

NINER EMPIRE
Mar 20, 2005
It's always good when a team's offseason needs match the talent available, and that appears to be the case as the 49ers begin gearing up for the 2010 draft. They have two first-round picks (No. 13 and No. 16 or 17, depending on a coin toss). Here's what I see as the team's most pressing needs followed the opinions of a couple of draft experts. Feel free to throw in your two cents as well ...

OT: The 49ers completely failed to meet Mike Singletary's vision for an offense that overwhelmed the opposition in the running game. They did not "impose their will" on anyone. I think this has to be the 49ers' No. 1 priority in the offseason. A stout offensive line will make everyone on offense -- primarily quarterback Alex Smith -- look better. As far as tackle talent goes, this year's draft is not as good as the previous two, but there is enough talent that the 49ers should come out of the first round with a right tackle if not a left tackle.

Returner: What? Are you crazy? Why would a guy who only touches the ball a few times a game be such a high priority? Here's why: The 49ers lost so many games by a touchdown or less this year that you have to believe a special return man would have made a difference in some of those games. The 49ers were decidedly un-special in the return game. Field position is key to the type of offense Singletary would prefer to run. In 2009, the 49ers averaged 4.4 yards per punt return, the worst in the league. This will be a very good draft for returners. One of them, Alabama's Javier Arenas, will be in action Thursday evening. If the 49ers drafted him (2nd round?), they'd get a cornerback to boot.

S: Two months ago, I would have said that outside linebacker was a top priority. However, Ahmad Brooks' emergence has diminished that need somewhat. It also should be noted that two of the team's top pass rushers, Parys Haralson and Justin Smith, played hurt for a good chunk of the season. The 49ers have a lot of safeties on the roster, but only one, Dashon Goldson, who is a lock for the long haul. The team's starting strong safety, Michael Lewis, turns 30 in April and had trouble with concussions early in the season. Mark Roman certainly could fill in at strong safety if Lewis were to go down, but the team already has turned the page on him as a starter. Reggie Smith has shown flashes of talent. The 49ers see him as a potential free safety, and it's possible that he could play that position while hard-hitting Goldson drops down and plays the more in-the-box strong safety role. Smith, however, has seen scant playing time and was injured for much of the season. In other words, there are a lot of questions at the position. ... And before you ask it, no, Nate Clements isn't being moved to safety.

Here's how Scout.com's Chris Steuber ranked the team's priorities:

CB: "Florida's Joe Haden would probably be a guy they would look at in the first round. If they looked at a safety, USC's Taylor Mays might be around."

OT: "Anthony Davis from Rutgers, Iowa's Bryan Bulaga, Oklahoma's Trent Williams - there are some good tackles who will be available right around where the 49ers are picking." (Note: Bulaga, a junior, still has not said whether he will enter the draft.)

QB: "With Alex Smith and Shaun Hill, they could go looking for a guy. Texas' Colt McCoy could be around in that range. Or they could take a gamble on Tim Tebow. Cincinnati's Tony Pike might be an option in the second round."

Here's how NFLDraftScout's Rob Rang broke it down:

OT: I wouldn't necessarily have thought this a couple of weeks ago, but we've had some juniors come out that make this a pretty good crop. Maryland's Bruce Campbell, Iowa's Bryan Bulaga, Oklahoma State's Russell Okung, Oklahoma's Trent Williams, Rutgers' Anthony Davis. These are five guys who are essentially locks for the first round. I think San Francisco is in a perfect spot. They're not going to have to over-draft.

S: They could look for a cover safety. When you look at the underclassmen who could declare, this could be a really special class of safeties.

OLB: It's a weak class for traditional 4-3 defensive ends, but there are a couple of guys who could play in a 3-4 - Texas' Sergio Kindle and Ricky Sapp from Clemson. These guys are spectacular athletes. I question the instincts of both guys. Neither uses his hands well, but that's something that can be coached."

-- Matt Barrows

Feb 14, 2004
I dont know about picking up a CB in the draft, but a S...absolutely. Nate Allen or Myrone Rolle are what I would like to see in the 2nd.
I think the Hawks are set at S for at least another season, with Jordan and Deon. I think the Hawks need to release Kelly Jennings and I don't think Ken Lucas will be back, even if he is going to be back, still need to find replacements. Marcus isn't the same shut down CB he use to be. Josh Wilson is about the only CB going up. That's why I'd like them to pick up Jerome Murphy in this draft. A CB like Akwasi Owusu-Ansah would be nice, too.

May 9, 2002
I think the Hawks are set at S for at least another season, with Jordan and Deon. I think the Hawks need to release Kelly Jennings and I don't think Ken Lucas will be back, even if he is going to be back, still need to find replacements. Marcus isn't the same shut down CB he use to be. Josh Wilson is about the only CB going up. That's why I'd like them to pick up Jerome Murphy in this draft. A CB like Akwasi Owusu-Ansah would be nice, too.
Deon Grant = aging.

Jordan is a make shift S, as he is a natural corner.

So i disagree, we are NOT set at S. Why do you think there has been talk about getting Eric Berry?

May 15, 2002
Updated Kiper Board

Ndamukong SuhDT6-4300Analysis: Explosive, relentless and consistent. Last week: No. 1

Gerald McCoyDT6-4297Analysis: Disruptive force. Productive NFL career ahead. Last week: No. 2

Eric BerryDB5-11203Analysis: Ultimate playmaker, in the Ed Reed mold. Last week: No. 3

Jimmy Clausen QB 6-3223Analysis: Improved through adversity, has under-center experience. Last week: No. 4

Sam BradfordQB6-4223Analysis: Has underrated arm, great feel for position, is super-accurate. Last week: No. 5

Joe Haden CB5-11190Analysis: Polished cover corner with tackling ability to match. Last week: No. 7

Russell Okung OT6-5300Analysis: Athletic, strong and fiery blindside pass-protector. Last week: No. 6

Derrick Morgan DE6-4275Analysis: Proven pass-rusher, stout versus run. Very productive. Last week: No. 8

Dez Bryant WR6-2220Analysis: Dynamic receiver, punt returner and TD maker. Last week: No. 9

Rolando McClain LB6-4258Analysis: Fiery, vocal team leader with top instincts for position. Last week: No. 11

Jason Pierre-Paul DE6-5262Analysis: Explosive, natural pass-rusher out of juco ranks. Last week: No. 12

Brian Price DT6-2300Analysis: Powerful leverage guy who wreaks havoc. Last week: No. 10

C.J. Spiller RB5-11195Analysis: Multitalented, super-fast, electrifying game-breaker. Last week: No. 14

Carlos Dunlap DE6-6290Analysis: Physical tools are off the charts. Has unlimited upside. Last week: No. 17

Aaron Hernandez TE6-2250Analysis: Great hands and excellent run-after-catch skills for a TE. Last week: No. 19

Everson Griffen DE6-3280Analysis: Supremely talented, now gaining the necessary consistency. Last week: No. 16

Dan Williams DT6-3327Analysis: High motor, consistent, tremendously powerful lower body. Last week: No. 18

Anthony Davis OT6-6325Analysis: Gifted physically, quick feet and still improving. Last week: 15

Taylor Mays S6-3235Analysis: Has linebacker size with cornerback speed. Last week: No. 13

Brandon Graham DE6-2270Analysis: Awesome athlete and force off the edge. Last week: No. 19

Sergio Kindle LB6-4255Analysis: Production finally matches his talent. Last week: No. 21

Jermaine Gresham TE6-6258Analysis: The best pass-catching tight end in college football. Last week: No. 22

Jahvid Best RB5-10195Analysis: Versatile; home run threat on every play. Last week: No. NR

Arrelious Benn WR6-2220Analysis: Silky-smooth but physical playmaker. Great RAC threat. Last week: No. NR

Patrick Robinson CB5-11193Analysis: Consistent, even in a tough year. Best overall senior CB. Last week: 25

Feb 14, 2004
Deon Grant = aging.

Jordan is a make shift S, as he is a natural corner.

So i disagree, we are NOT set at S. Why do you think there has been talk about getting Eric Berry?
Deon is only 30. Some of the best safeties in the league are 30+. Not saying Deon is one of the best, but I think he's still good enough to keep his starting job with the team for at least another season. I agree about Jordan, but he's done well at FS this season, 2nd in tackles next to Hawthrone(with Deon Grant being 3rd in tackles on the team.)

And if Berry is still available past the 5th pick, and the Hawks end up using their 6th pick on him, I won't be totally disappointed, but I think the Hawks need to use their high draft pick on an OT instead.

Feb 14, 2004
Seahawks Team Needs

Defensive end: Seattle again struggled to consistently rush the passer, which affected the team’s overall ability to defend the pass this season. The Seahawks finished 30th overall in pass defense this year.

Offensive tackle: Without the use of cornerstone tackle Walter Jones this season, the Seahawks struggled to protect Matt Hasselbeck, leading to a dysfunctional offense. Seattle can’t bank on a healthy Jones returning to the lineup, and needs to draft to create depth at the position.

Running back/returner: The Seahawks lack a playmaker on offense or special teams that can take it the distance. They need to, either through the draft of free agency, acquire a player to put fear in an opponent’s defense.

May 9, 2002
Running back/returner: The Seahawks lack a playmaker on offense or special teams that can take it the distance. They need to, either through the draft of free agency, acquire a player to put fear in an opponent’s defense.
This isnt a glaring need IMO. We should wait and see what Forsett/whoever else is back there can do with a GOOD OL. NO ONE cane run behind our crap line at the moment. If we spend a 3rd day pick in a back, that would be fine by me. But no first or second day back needs to be gotten. WE NEED TO BOLSTER OUR LINE, on BOTH sides of the ball.

Feb 14, 2004
College football season is over, meaning fans can turn their attention to where their schools’ best players are headed in the NFL draft. The Big 12 continues to dominate the top of SN’s mock draft—the top four picks and seven of the top 12 hail from the conference. Peruse the first half of the first round, and tell us if you believe we’re leaving out someone from your favorite team.

1. St. Louis Rams: Ndamukong Suh, Nebraska DT
The Rams wish there was a surefire franchise QB in the draft, but there’s not, so they should grab the best player available in Suh, who would upgrade their defensive line from Day 1.

2. Detroit Lions: Trent Williams, Oklahoma OT
If the Lions do not find a way to protect Matthew Stafford(notes), then he will never get the chance to lead them. So they should grab the strong and aggressive Williams to shore up their left tackle situation.

3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Gerald McCoy, Oklahoma DT
The Bucs’ defense has not played up to its lofty standards in recent seasons, due largely to its lack of an elite tackle. McCoy has the talent to be special if he plays with intensity on every snap.

4. Washington Redskins: Russell Okung, Oklahoma State OT
Mike Shanahan sees a lot of Ryan Clady(notes) in the very athletic Okung, so he could jump at the chance to protect Jason Campbell’s(notes) blindside with him.

5. Kansas City Chiefs: Joe Haden, Florida CB
The Chiefs’ defense made strides in 2009, with Brandon Flowers(notes) looking like a keeper at one corner spot. Haden would give Kansas City two very good cornerbacks to anchor its secondary.

6. Seattle Seahawks: Bruce Campbell, Maryland OT
Without Walter Jones(notes) in 2009, the Seahawks’ offense really struggled. Campbell has the size and elite athleticism to become their left tackle for the next decade.

7. Cleveland Browns: Sam Bradford, Oklahoma QB
Mike Holmgren has not said anything positive about Brady Quinn(notes) or Derek Anderson(notes), which makes us believe he is not sold on either. Bradford’s accuracy, intelligence and athleticism seem ideal for Holmgren’s West Coast offense.

8. Oakland Raiders: Derrick Morgan, Georgia Tech DE
The Raiders might think long and hard about taking Jimmy Clausen, but if owner Al Davis is not ready to give up on JaMarcus Russell(notes), then they should grab Morgan, who would improve their defensive line immediately.

9. Buffalo Bills: Sergio Kindle, Texas DE
The Bills’ current defensive ends try hard but lack the explosiveness to be impact pass-rushers. Kindle brings the athleticism, explosiveness and passion that should upgrade Buffalo’s line.

10. Jacksonville Jaguars: Jimmy Clausen, Notre Dame QB
After a disappointing season from David Garrard(notes), the Jaguars know they need to upgrade their passing attack in order to have a playoff-caliber offense.

11. Denver Broncos (from Chicago): Corey Wootton, Northwestern DT/DE
Wootton is tall and very athletic. He played defensive tackle in college but would fit ideally as an end in the Broncos’ defensive scheme.

12. Miami Dolphins: Dez Bryant, Oklahoma State WR
If Chad Henne(notes) is going to succeed, he needs weapons, and Bryant has the size, athleticism and receiving skills to be a top-level receiver and big playmaker.

13. San Francisco 49ers: Eric Berry, Tennessee S/CB
The 49ers need to upgrade at cornerback, and while Berry played safety at Tennessee, we feel he is best suited to corner in the NFL. He should be able to challenge for a starting job as a rookie.

14. Seattle Seahawks (from Denver), C.J. Spiller, Clemson RB
RB Julius Jones(notes) is not the answer, and Justin Forsett(notes) is best suited for a third-down role. The Seahawks should jump at the chance to add Spiller, whose big-play ability as a runner, receiver and returner would add a dimension to their team.

15. New York Giants: Brandon Spikes, Florida ILB
MLB Antonio Pierce(notes) is nearing the end of his career, and Spikes has the size, strength, athleticism and instincts to be a good replacement.

16. Tennessee Titans: Carlos Dunlap, Florida DE
The Titans need youth at defensive end, and while Dunlap did not produce like a first-rounder, he is big and athletic. The Titans have a history of drafting such players early, even if they are not polished.

For the rest of the first-round pick projections, visit SN’s Pro Football War Room. You’ll also find player profiles for hundreds of potential pros, draft dishes by Russ Lande and SN’s exclusive Super 99, ranking the best players headed for the 2010 NFL draft.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_y...g=tsn-mockdraftwithcollege&prov=tsn&type=lgns

Aug 7, 2003
that mock is horrendous.

no way does eric berry drop out of the top 5.

trent williams doesnt go #2

who is corey wootten? he is no where a top 10 prospect. kindle is going awfully high for him.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
all the mock drafts I've seen have the Raiders picking on offensive or defensive lineman

that would logical... but of course Al will probably pick the fastest DB in the draft

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
1. St. Louis Rams: Jimmy Clausen, QB, ND

The Rams could go one of a two ways in this 2010 NFL Mock Draft. First off they could go after their top QB which would either be Jimmy Clausen or Sam Bradford or they could go with Suh the top player in the 2010 NFL Draft. In this 2010 NFL Mock Draft I have them taking the QB because they don’t have a qb of the future and they need their guy. Clausen lit it up his senior year and very well could be the answer to this team who already has decent receiving talent and a good RB.

2. Detroit Lions: Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska

The Lions really need a stud LT in this 2010 NFL Mock Draft. However, they claim they like Backus a lot. So in this draft I have them taking the top player in this 2010 NFL Mock Draft and a beast to help their defense. Suh not only will help the D-line but he will help the LB’s as well by making lineman double him allowing LB’s to fill holse.

3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Gerald McCoy, DT, OU

A lot of people have McCoy going second overall in their 2010 NFL Mock Drafts. In this Mock Draft I have him going to the Bucs because I have the Lions picking for need more than skill. McCoy is a beast in the middle and he can play both the pass and the run. He is definitely a top 5 NFL Mock Draft Prospect and I think he can impact the team immediately.

4. Washington Redskins: Derrick Morgan, DE, GT

Morgan is a great athlete and most likely the top DE in this 2010 NFL Mock Draft. The problem that I have with him is he didn’t do much in a big game against a top tier LT. I think he will work out well at the NFL Draft Combine and I think he could definitely solidify a top 10 pick like I have him in this 2010 NFL Mock Draft.

5. Kansas City Chiefs: Russell Okung, OT, Ok State

The Chief spent a ton to get Matt Cassell now they need to protect their investment. So I have them taking my top rated 2010 NFL Mock Draft Tackle. Okuns is an athlete that can play the blind side for years to come. Look for him to be an anchor on this offensive line.

6. Seattle Seahawks: Eric Berry, S, Tennessee

The Seahawks end up getting the biggest steal in this 2010 NFL Mock Draft. Berry is a play maker and he can be the leader of a defense right away. He and McClain are considered to be the smartest defensive players in college football. Look for Berry to definitely be a top 10 pick in the 2010 NFL Draft. In this 2010 NFL Mock Draft I have him falling out of the top 5 but I wouldn’t be surprised at all if he were a top 5 pick.

7. Cleveland Browns: Joe Haden, CB, Florida

The Browns have had some secondary issues over that last couple years. Joe Haden is my top rated CB in this 2010 NFL Mock Draft. He is a shut down corner that could come in and start right away. The Browns just miss out on Berry here in this 2010 NFL Mock Draft but Haden is a shut down corner and he can help right away.

8. Oakland Raiders: Usain Bolt, Sprinter, Jamaica

Jamaican sprinter and a three-time Olympic gold medalist. He holds the world record for the 100 metres, the 200 metres and, along with his teammates, the 4x100 metres relay. He also holds the Olympic record for all three of these races. At the 2008 Summer Olympics, Bolt became the first man to win three sprinting events at a single Olympics since Carl Lewis in 1984, and the first man to set world records in all three at a single Olympics. In 2009 he became the first man to hold the 100 and 200 m world and Olympic titles at the same time.

9. Buffalo Bills: Sam Bradford, QB, OU

The Bills are looking for a coach right now and that will determine where they go with this Draft Pick. I have Bradford as the 2nd ranked QB in this 2010 NFL Mock Draft. The Bills will need a QB in the 2010 NFL Season especially if they want to make the playoffs in this decade. However, Bradford has some issues starting with his injury he is recovering from as well as the fact that in College he played in a spread offense.

10. Jacksonville Jaguars: Brian Price, DT, UCLA

The Jaguars have a lot of potential to be a good team in the 2010 NFL Season. In this 2010 NFL Mock Draft I have them taking Brian Price here who is supposed to be a beast in the middle. This year is a very big year for DT’s as I have 3 of them going in the top 10 of this 2010 NFL Mock Draft.

11. Denver Broncos(Chicago): Rolando McClain, ILB, Bama

The Broncos started the season very well and then fell off near the end of the year. If either of the top QB’s fall to the Broncos here in this 2010 NFL Mock Draft Mcdaniels may pull the trigger on them. In this draft I have the top 2 QB’s going before the Broncos so I have them taking a LB. Rolando McClain is the top LB in this 2010 NFL Mock draft. McClain was considered by many to be the most intelligent LB and defensive player in the country. McClain will make an immediate impact in the 2010 NFL Season and be a leader immediately on the defense.

Nov 15, 2007
lol@everyone in this thread has teams that arent even in the playoffs!

im still thinkin' bout super bowl baby, fuck the draft right now... once my red birds lose which they wont, ill check back in here.