The Oakland Athletics

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

VanD

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2004
^^^ it would have been something like that, the oakland a's of fremont

but fremont deal fell thru so fuck fremont

Jan 18, 2006
I cant believe it, the streak continues to 7. I thought for sure they were gonna lose when the A's gave up 3 runs with 2 outs in the 4th. Besides really an unfortunate inning another solid pitching performance all the way around.

Jan 4, 2003
im sure theres a spot somewhere in oakland for a new stadium or borderline oakland
the fremont deal already went thru.. A's got a top of the line stadium coming.. I believe first game will be played in 2012 not sure tho, thats just off the top of my head..

but regardless I think the Raiders should have got a new stadium built in the same parking lot and let the A's have and rebuild the colliseum.. but fuck it.. as long as the Raiders don't leave Oak again I'm happy

Feb 12, 2006
Hell yeah this is great. Literally just a week ago I was talking to my boy and I said shit, we 19-30 stinking up the field. Now it's like we have new life in this shit, 8 in a row anyone??? Lets do this shit!

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
the fremont deal already went thru.. A's got a top of the line stadium coming.. I believe first game will be played in 2012 not sure tho, thats just off the top of my head..

but regardless I think the Raiders should have got a new stadium built in the same parking lot and let the A's have and rebuild the colliseum.. but fuck it.. as long as the Raiders don't leave Oak again I'm happy
that deal fell through

Jan 4, 2003
that deal fell through
oh I guess the deal recently didn't go through.... It seemed official since 06.. well hopefully they stay in Oak then and finally get some funds to rebuild there..

Oakland A's Not Moving to Fremont
February 27, 2009 18:39 PM

FREMONT, CA - Plans to move the Oakland Athletics to Fremont have collapsed.

A's owner and managing partner Lew Wolff informed Fremont city leaders that the three-year, $80-million effort to build a new ballpark in partnership with Cisco Systems met greater commercial and residential resistance than anticipated. He cited planning delays involving the Pacific Commons commercial/retail development and the BART Warm Springs station made bringing the team to Fremont in a reasonable timeframe unlikely.

Some local residents had opposed the Fremont plan, saying a planned $1.8 billion stadium and village would create traffic problems and drive down property values.

Supporters of the plan argued that it would help the local economy.

Wolff said the Athletics' association with Cisco would remain intact and the franchise was going to focus on 2009 spring training and the regular season. He said he hoped to keep the team in Northern California but didn't know where.

Wolff's Letter to Fremont City Council

http://m.news10.net/news.jsp?key=167398