THE NORTHWEST WILL ENTER HIP-HOP'S HISTORY BOOKS

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 30, 2002
For the record.....

Ignoring the traditional DJ mixtape format.....really, it's almost exclusively a West Coast thing to make "mixtapes" entirely out of other peoples beats. In the South, not done. On the East Coast, not done. It's an ignorance thing, mostly, and if not ignorance, a misnomer. So basically, still ignorance.

For example......If you think about what Three 6 Mafia was doing way back when, releasing Memphis Underground albums, that featured new songs, unreleased songs, exclusive remixes, etc. That was more like a mixtape. Grabbing 15 popular beats and rapping leftovers and throwaway verses is not a mixtape. It's an abomination.

Remember: There is no headliner without an undercard. So if you really want to be a 2x Headliner on your own, don't forget to be your own undercard. If you go out there as a headliner in front of a cold audience, you WILL get slaughtered.

As for your features--don't give me and everyone else a reason to write you off as being just like every other rapper. Scout shows. Find young and hungry rappers with a similar mind-state. Collaborate. Pool resources. Move forward with the good acts; part ways with the mediocre ones. But throwing money at features that will not be there, hitting the pavement with you, or on the stage with you to sell albums, it's not worth it.

Anyways, I'm done.....I'll respond next weekend, or whatever. Doesn't really matter. Epiphanies don't happen around here. Read, scoff, type, repeat.

speak like you know when you dont...

your shit has been.. and always be..opinions... nothin more.. no hate.. just everytime you come in here you actin liek you ice cube or something./. "been there.. seen that"

Oct 28, 2005
www.myspace.com
Take a look around, dummy. Do your research. What has a Killa Tay feature, or X-Raided feature, or C-Bo feature EVER done for artists around here? Who was the last one to headline a 1000+ show? How much does the average local album SoundScan? Do you not understand that our scene is grossly undersized because of this paying-for-unproven-features nonsense, and this every-artist-is-his-own-label bullshit?

I'm going to introduce you to a word you might not understand much about. Engineer. You see, Engineers are the ones who make the gloves, basketballs, shoes, shoulderpads, etc. that your favorite Sports Stars use as TOOLS to achieve outstanding levels of play and set world records. Engineers, in this example.....as you might have guessed.....are not Sports Superstars. They are diametrically opposed to Sports Stars. HOWEVER, they understand the path that must be taken to craft the perfect equipment. They understand the thought processes. They know it's not just the human element that matters. You have to have the right tools, period. Humans didn't advance just by saying "I think I can". We did it through the use of ever-more sophisticated tools.

Friend Ryan..... as I school you.....

"^^ nice pick on the game.. get some hood ass shit for him to get on.. hes pretty dope "

Seriously, what in the fuck? Were you hungover? Trying to be cool? Let me grow you up real quick. NORTHWEST RESIDENTS DO NOT GIVE A SHIT ABOUT "HOOD ASS SHIT". MUSIC FANS WITH DISPOSABLE INCOME DO NOT GIVE A SHIT ABOUT "HOOD ASS SHIT".

People are god-damned fake and they don't give a fuck about it. Constant contradictions. They'll eat Malt-o-Meal cereal and shop at Goodwill, but when it comes to music, only listen to whats on the radio. That's the mindstate of people, that's what WE do, that's how WE are built.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that Jay Barz would work with MAYBACH_BOBBI. There, I said it. There might be some pre-conditions on Jay Barz' end (don't plan my shit on an album that won't drop then recycle it once I'm major.....don't ask me to come record in my studio--you pay for the time......whatever the terms would be). But I think he'd do it. And Jay Barz is going to be a lot more worth your time than some artist who don't even come to the NorthWest, and when they do, won't even be giving you so much as a phone call (unless you have more money for them). Jay Barz is all over the place--dropping constantly (as in PHYSICAL CDs, that can be PURCHASED, with MONEY, thus generating a PROFIT). He's at the top of the list of who you should approach for material.

Hate on me....Ryan. Let's see it. Speak for the people. Be one of the people. Whats that one thing Dr Phil says...inventory. Take my inventory. I'll even help you out: "Mr 65" refers to my working 65 hours a week at 2 different jobs. Hope that helps?

But disagreeing with me on Music Business Theory is suicide. I don't care who you are.

Oct 28, 2005
www.myspace.com
I agree with your epiphany 100. I think you just made me have one. I wasn't just tossin money around I got some people that know some people to get them people for the LOW. But now I think Ima do what you said but I still got get Killa Tay & X-Raided on a track together & I also gotta do sumn wit Game but other than that it'll prolly be artists on the grind.
You might think I'm fucking with you, or being an asshole, but I'm not. You're not on equal footing with those artists, and you WILL lose money. Even if you do start making money, the IRS will come down HARD on your label. You'll have to shut down operations for weeks, during peak popularity, just to get the books straightened.

$1000 is not "low". $1000 is the difference between your album sounding like it was mixed with FruityLoops, or sounding like it was mixed by D-Sane. Put your money where it counts--replication, promo material, mastering, studio time, equipment (video camera, etc.), even your war chest....but it's not worth blowing it.

"Artists on the grind" is not enough. You need artists that are doing shows right NOW. In this economy, if you aren't on stage, you don't stand a chance.

I'll wrap it up in a bow, right here:

When those features (that are soon to be on your album) come up to the NorthWest to do some shows, what do they usually do? It's always, 1. Do a show in Seattle, show in Portland, sell some recycled verses, and go home. Or, 2. Link up with Cool Nutz, hit 2-3 times that number of places, and make more $$. It's like clockwork.

Review the pictures some times. Look at the reports of the shows. Option #1 almost always has fights, people beating the fuck out of people, scaring away all the marks/fans...option #2, you have hundreds of people at a show in Walla Walla, making more money than it would have in downtown Seattle.

Again...don't do it to yourself. The NorthWest isn't ready for a stay-at-home superstar looking to buy viability. Be that traveling hip-hop artist that earns viability.

Nov 30, 2002
You expect a local aritst to get big right now? really? honestly? whats your bank account like? whats my bank account like? PEOPLE ARE NOT GOING TO INVEST MONEY IN A NO NAME AT THIS POINT. Take what youve purchased... and make some GOOD music.. not watered down crap.

Now that doesnt mean make some "hood ass shit" that was a suggestion cause we ALL know how game comes off on 80%+ of his tracks. Think about it Harold.. it sucks for artists that have already "made it" and it sucks even more for people who are not known that are dropping something... no body is buyin shit.. so make somethin that will GAIN fans at this point... cause you aint goin big at this point in time... our debt clock cant even keep track of what were losing as a nation... that being said.. would you risk your money on someone who maybe 1500 people heard of? shit.. i'll say 50,000... answer is no. Gain loyal fans at this point.. all you can do..

Oct 28, 2005
www.myspace.com
You expect a local aritst to get big right now? really? honestly? whats your bank account like? whats my bank account like? PEOPLE ARE NOT GOING TO INVEST MONEY IN A NO NAME AT THIS POINT. Take what youve purchased... and make some GOOD music.. not watered down crap.

Now that doesnt mean make some "hood ass shit" that was a suggestion cause we ALL know how game comes off on 80%+ of his tracks. Think about it Harold.. it sucks for artists that have already "made it" and it sucks even more for people who are not known that are dropping something... no body is buyin shit.. so make somethin that will GAIN fans at this point... cause you aint goin big at this point in time... our debt clock cant even keep track of what were losing as a nation... that being said.. would you risk your money on someone who maybe 1500 people heard of? shit.. i'll say 50,000... answer is no. Gain loyal fans at this point.. all you can do..
What you just said is confusing on all levels. From what I can gather, your solution to not having money or fans, is to spend big money to get fans. If so, that's ridiculous.

As far as me being 'credible'--what isn't credible about common sense and good ideas? 9 times out of 10, the difference between a good idea and a bad idea is execution...not the idea itself.

Friend Ryan.....do you know the reason why public companies use company men as well as non-company men to make up their board of directors? Do you understand that making wide business decisions is intuitive--not just a result of working in XYZ industry for n number of years?

Buying features, at time when sales are at a low point, IS NOT A WISE DECISION. The ONLY way to build fans at this juncture is to build up a stockpile of Mixtapes, DVDs and Merchandise, and push those products Online and through Shows and other In-person Appearances (and by appearance, I don't mean hawking your CD to passers-by). People want more than just music. They want an experience.

Replace 'Dirty Shoez' with one of a hundred other names, and you'd have fanboys lining up to cosign. This Celebrity Worship shit doesn't start at the national level, it starts in our own backyard.

Apr 14, 2003
not hating on gettin the Killa tay or raided verses or nothing, cause bobbi is gonna do what the fuck he's gonna do.... man drives a fuckin ferrari.

but for other cats in the NW, you need a tech n9ne verse.... thats it. at least in spokane anyway. if you're from spokane and fuckin with tech, (or krizz kaliko, for that matter), then people are gonna fuck wit it. simple as that.

and... Dirty Shoez, Tadou, whatever the fuck you wanna call him, is on point. some of yall need to realize that.

Aug 15, 2008
not hating on gettin the Killa tay or raided verses or nothing, cause bobbi is gonna do what the fuck he's gonna do.... man drives a fuckin ferrari.

but for other cats in the NW, you need a tech n9ne verse.... thats it. at least in spokane anyway. if you're from spokane and fuckin with tech, (or krizz kaliko, for that matter), then people are gonna fuck wit it. simple as that.

and... Dirty Shoez, Tadou, whatever the fuck you wanna call him, is on point. some of yall need to realize that.
So much has been said I am overwhelmed. Lemmie start this off eazy I don't drive a 'Rarri "D" the video on my page was us clownin at my boys house in Cali. Those were his pops whips (I drove em all though) & I don't really mess wit tech like that. Now as far as all that bullsh*t said about working with Jay Barz, I respect the man but get the f*ck out of here cuz I don't & won't get treated like a hoe, dick ride or bow down to nobody for nothing. I appreciate and respect everybodies opinions (as long as it's not talkin sh*t about any1). I was serious about the epiphany though my dude, but at the end of the day i'm not looking for cats to support me because they are on my album, I want to grind (YOU ARE NOT GRINDING IF YOU ARE NOT DOING THE THINGS U LISTED, OTHERWISE UR JUST USING THE WORD) with cats that already have product printed, doing shows, doing features etc. I am seriously taking what everybody has to say into account as everybody on here should because to keep it 100 if that's why i'm on here to hear your opinions, give mine and all out share knowledge. By the way I don't even have to pay a stack apiece for the features, i'm telling you I got good people in good places. But what you MUST know is someone from NY will listen to something that say FEATURING THE GAME before they listen to something saying FEATURING JAY BARZ unless I leave out BAR and add a dash. These names have fans that will listen to anyone that has a song with that artist you do understand that right?

Aug 15, 2008
P.S. I do not care who has what feature. I work with talented cats I respect or grew up with period. And as far as pleasing the NW I don't want to make music for just OR, WA and ID & most buyers out the NW will cop what word of mouth says is hot anyway. Make good music, have consistent funding, network and know the business you have a better shot at making a name in the industry only a slightly better chance but still a better chance none the less.

Oct 28, 2005
www.myspace.com
You also have a bigger chance of being just like everybody else. Promising albums and not delivering. Pushing dates back repeatedly, for no good reason. Claiming not to pay for or pay very little for beats or features, but doing things that are a testament to your money shortage (crappy graphics, bad mastering, etc.) These aren't things that bad rappers do--they're things that basically every rapper does, unless they have an intelligent manager leading them around by the nose.

Listen...shooting HGH into your ass cheeks gives you a "slightly better chance" of becoming a champion bodybuilder. But if you're shooting that HGH into your ass, you can't get that complex like you're changing the world, because you're not. You're cutting corners. You're buying accolades like a used TV on craigslist.

But what you MUST know is someone from NY will listen to something that say FEATURING THE GAME before they listen to something saying FEATURING JAY BARZ unless I leave out BAR and add a dash. These names have fans that will listen to anyone that has a song with that artist you do understand that right?
I will pledge to understand that, as long as you pledge to understand that if they hear a repeat or recycled verse, your credibility (and perhaps, your album as well) is going straight into the trash bin.

That's assuming they paid for your album in the first place. Having a feature like The Game or T.I. is only going to make people bootleg your shit that much more. Like a hobo with diamond earrings, it's a problem waiting to happen.

I seen it. Like a 27 inch zenith.

Aug 15, 2008
BOBBI's WORLD & THE HUNGER 2-2-10

I'm glad you were able to express yourself with such color. Thank you for sharing your OPINION. Some things I truly agree with quite a few I do not but that's life. I am blessed with a great team (i'm still open to adding so everybody feel free to get at me on my myspace ) that is lead by loyalty not greed. See, budgeting may be a problem for other artists but when you have a REAL team (people with loyalty, will power, connections, respect, consistent money no matter large or small etc) with similar goals in mind it makes it easier to reach out for people and have them reach back. Anyway I haven't even started recording for the projects yet but whatever I choose to do trust it WILL be successful. This whole post was to let ya'll know WE the NW are about to make history, even after niggas bite me & try to drop before me which of course unoriginal opportunists aka "rappers" will do, they will NEVER be able to do it like ima do it. BOBBI's WORLD & THE HUNGER coming FEBRUARY 2nd 2010..........I said 2-2-10 My Legacy Shall Begin.

Oct 28, 2005
www.myspace.com
Wait.....what the fuck. I forgot it was October, and plus, I could have sworn you said 2009.

So wait a second, you're going to claim that, if anyone in the entire music industry in the next year and a half drops 2 debut albums on the same day.....they're biting you? That that was your idea?

If i can find another rapper that already did it--will you change your plans, because it would be you biting them? If you say yes, I'll be the first to volunteer to go Work the Google.

Aug 15, 2008
2-2-10 THE HUNGER & BOBBI'S WORLD

Can You Read? Seriously, I see you as one of them dudes Jay-Z was talkin bout when he said "Do you dudes really listen to music/or just skim through it". I said if a DEBUTING artist drops 2 DEBUT albums after my projects start getting promoted then they prolly got the idea from my campaign. You can google all you want you WILL NOT find an artist that HAS DROPPED 2 DEBUT ALBUMS AT THE SAME TIME period and DEBUT is the key word. I AM THE FIRST MY DUDE I AM MAKING HISTORY. Now I'm done with your shananigans young homie. STOP HATIN' N START ANTICIPATIN' THE HISTORY THAT I'M MAKIN'.

Oct 28, 2005
www.myspace.com
Can You Read? Seriously, I see you as one of them dudes Jay-Z was talkin bout when he said "Do you dudes really listen to music/or just skim through it". I said if a DEBUTING artist drops 2 DEBUT albums after my projects start getting promoted then they prolly got the idea from my campaign. You can google all you want you WILL NOT find an artist that HAS DROPPED 2 DEBUT ALBUMS AT THE SAME TIME period and DEBUT is the key word. I AM THE FIRST MY DUDE I AM MAKING HISTORY. Now I'm done with your shananigans young homie. STOP HATIN' N START ANTICIPATIN' THE HISTORY THAT I'M MAKIN'.

....Sounds like a man willing to put money up? How many gold coins out of that overflowing war chest will you give me if I find another "debuting artist" that droped two "debut albums" on the same day? How important is it for you to make history with this gimmick, rather than just based off the strength of your talent alone?

Friend, you haven't begun to see "hate" yet. You're brand-new to these forums. You have not been here. This forum (and its predecessor, the SLR/BWR forums) been around for the last 7-8 years and counting, and I've been around for most of that. I know things. When you get some time, you should read some old threads, and understand this stuff is not a game. This is thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours that could all go to waste. I seen it. Over and over and over again. We've all seen it. You're in the catacombs right now. It's Akkadian and Babylonian texts all over the walls, and you're showing up speaking English. You gotta catch up first.

Anyways, I'm done with this thread. I'll be around. Don't beat yourself up too much responding, it won't be worth either of our times. Peanuts to an elephant

Aug 15, 2008
Thanks for the promotion. People like you are like condoms, life feels so much better without em but we still use you because the bigger picture. I've been here off and on since D'struction & I think dudes name was Blaise or sumn introduced me to this site in 2003. I wasn't taking music 100% serious then, I was strictly doing it for the love & hustlin put money in my pockets. I've seen the hate & it was & still is disgusting but it's neccessary. U R NECCESSARY.

Aug 15, 2008
I can tell he's an internet beast.

P.S. TADOU since you're such a MAVERICK -shout out to Sarah Palin- You Should Know That Just Talent Doesn't Go Multi-Platinum You Need More Than That ask Saigon, Gillie The Kid, Eastwood, Crooked I, the list goes on. That is Where Marketing Comes In (Slim Shady LP, Get Rich..., Chronic, Doggystyle, Str8 Outta Compton, The Documentary etc all sold well because of marketing). I'll be damned if I pay you to hate that's been ur job before I ever came on here, so if you wanna waste your time googling for something that doesn't exist then be my guest.