The new bay needs sad songs ALSO

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 6, 2006
The bay artists need to make more songs not just thinking to make slappers for the club and to make them singles for the radio

I`m talking about the new bay

Sep 23, 2004
naw mayne the cheerleader music is whats gonna get attention from the majors and blow the bay up!!!!! fuck music with feelings and effort..... that shit is watered down...im goin dumb in the club on dubs in my scraper yadidimean???

Jan 6, 2006
nigga shut the fuck up

You got what i meant... sentimental/emotional songs... just look at Celly Cell - No tomorrow

Sometimes you need shit like this

nofx

Sicc OG
Apr 14, 2005
I agree wit you my wig, but right now the kids arent feelin the sad songs they jus wanna go dumb n ghost ride the whip

Feb 15, 2006
yea im feelin nofx....we tryna get into the game n shit...and dats wuts gon do it...maybe wen they start diggin in the bay, those songs will come up sho nuff...but for rite now...they wont sell..

IVE

Feb 8, 2006
nofx said:
right now the kids arent feelin the sad songs they jus wanna go dumb n ghost ride the whip
rEAL TALK, IF YOU WANNA BE SUCCESSFUL YOU GOTTA KEEP YOUR ORIGINAL FAN BASE HAPPY. iF NIGGAS START MAKIN LOVE SONGS IN THE BAY, WHERE ITS ALL ABOUT PIMPIN AND GOIN HARD ON A BITCH, WHO GON BE FEELIN IT EXCEPT NIGGAS LIKE YOU

Feb 8, 2006
IVE said:
rEAL TALK, IF YOU WANNA BE SUCCESSFUL YOU GOTTA KEEP YOUR ORIGINAL FAN BASE HAPPY. iF NIGGAS START MAKIN LOVE SONGS IN THE BAY, WHERE ITS ALL ABOUT PIMPIN AND GOIN HARD ON A BITCH, WHO GON BE FEELIN IT EXCEPT NIGGAS LIKE YOU
If you wanna be successful you got to be you. The bay aint all about pimpin and giong hard. Niggas in the bay love they grandmas, feel sad when they homies die, and after goin dumb in the club on saturday night a lot of nigaas go to church. That's what real is. Pac was the realest nigga beacuse his music reflected his life. Pac could make a song like "hit em up" and still make "dear mama." That's what real!!!

nofx

Sicc OG
Apr 14, 2005
mistah fab & jacka are prolly the only two young rappers that have the full package in them and are versatyle enough to make shit work

Feb 9, 2006
^^^^
TRUE IT'S COO TO HAVE A SONG OR TWO ON AN ALBUM BUT THE SHIT WON'T SELL...THERE ARE SOME CLASSICS LIKE DEAR MOMMA AND KEEP YA HEAD UP BUT LOOK WHO THEY WERE MADE BY...MC EIHT HAD THAT OLD ONE TOO FORGOT THE NAME OF THE SONG BUT IT WAS POPULAR AS FUCK...MASTER P HAD I MISS MY HOMIES AND IF I COULD CHANGE BUT HE HAD EXPOSURE ALREADY

Apr 7, 2004
NO...RADIO NEEDS TO GET OFF THIS SAME BAY AREA FORMULA IN ORDER TO GET SPINS.......LET ARTISTS DO THEM AS LONG AS THE SONGS GOOD....ALL BAY ARTISTS DON'T USE THE SAME LINGO IN THEY SHIT BUT RADIO AND LISTENERS TAKE IT AS IF YOU AIN'T USING BAY SLANG YOUR SHIT IS OUT DATED OR WHATEVER....NO! NIGGAS JUST DON'T ALL RAP THE SAME...

Apr 25, 2002
IVE said:
lol man...love songs are the SHIT

i don't know about y'all

but 99% of the people i know AIN'T PIMPIN

and 75% of the people i know are in relationships

and these is cats from the hood

y'all swear that everyones lifestyle is a Snoop Dog song

Feb 17, 2005
i feel what dude is saying though...some shit like Cormega - "The Saga Remix"...or other Cormega songs, or Nas - "Drunk By Myself"...where are those songs with some Bay flavor? only songs that i can think of are some of Son Of A Pimp, and that song "Fresh Out" off the new Vital. That song is sooooooo sick. I'll post it if anyone wants.

Sep 30, 2005
Sad songs is probably the gayest way you could have put it...
If you talkin about deep/hearfelt shit, then yeah, why not. Rappers use to do a few songs like that every now and then back in the 90s and if it was real, they didn't get clowned for it. 2Pac, E-40, Ice Cube, 4-Tay, Seagram, etc. had songs like that...
And as far as love songs... A lot of rap love songs tend to come out as bullshit. Id rather not listen to some fake ass Ja Rule & some random R&B chick type of songs.

Nov 2, 2005
HAHAH this shit is funnyyy... but i mean artist could have some like sentimental songs on they album.. but the single wont make them exlode... if it did, its going to make them look soft... but yea like two tracks in a album should be koo to change it up ....