The NBA Draft Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 24, 2006
www.fucku.com
Is jimmer gonna play PG? or is tyreke gon play?

I think it'd be better if tyreke plays PG n slide jimmer to SG. I feel like he'd be more effective that way n spread the floor out while he can guard the opposing PG's n tyreke can guard the SG's.

King fans, u know how they gon use jimmer?

Yea i agree Tree very well stated bro..... Dude is a hustler on the court and we needed that forward position to compliment Timmy! We ended up scooping up Texas guard Cory Joseph to replace Hill's spot.
Eh thanks brother, He is saw him play at SDSU against Jimmer and BYU dude reminded me a bit of a Rudy Gay type of player or Durant, pure scorer you know but with that long wing span. Good thing is though he isn't built like gay or durant he's more solid and can take it to the hole with authority. Not to mention you know damn right Pop will have him playing real good Defense Quick, That's a very defensive minded squad in San Antone. I'd like to see Splitter get more PT next season, i feel bad for Duncan though he's slowing down quite a bit that age is certainly catching up to the poor guy, i thought it was getting Ginobili but damn he proved me wrong he's over 30 playing as if he were 25, dude is always fearless love that intensity he brings day in and day out. Joseph ain't bad more of a long distance gunner i'd say i saw him in the tournament, Barnes always has a good program at Texas though so his IQ should be good as he makes that transition to the NBA now.

Apr 13, 2007
Yeah looks like Jimmer is at PG and Tyreke will move to SG. They'll both share the PG duties. I was like wow to the trade because we could of taken either Knight or Walker @ 7. But I have faith in our GM Geoff Petrie. Also excited to see if Jimmer is the real deal.

Rossibreath

triple og from the sbp
Sep 1, 2005
Menasha
Leonard is a pure scorer, has a solid J and can penetrate and create problems in the paint for the opposition. Thats how the spurs operate they'll draft someone and make them produce and when they have the opportunity to go younger at times they will, they remind me a bit of the Patriots and Pop is the Belichick of the NBA i think. They make some very good players and majority of the time they are humble.
That's a good comparison.

Mar 26, 2009
Ant from readin articles, it was the owners that fell in love wit jimmer so maybe petrie was forced to drafting him cuz I read the coaching staff were all opposed to drafting him. Who knows.
Nah man those were just rumors. Westphal clarified today that Jimmer or Walker were the guys they were going to decide on. Also, to answer your question about if Jimmer will play PG, he probably will. I say this because last year we threw out a line-up of,

PG Beno
SG Thornton
SF Evans

With ballhandling duties being shared by Beno and Evans, but since Jimmer is a rookie, I doubt he starts off the bat so I think were going to see a line-up of...

PG Evans
SG Thornton
SF Salmons
PF Cousins
C Dalembert (if he resigns)

Mar 26, 2009
Yeah looks like Jimmer is at PG and Tyreke will move to SG. They'll both share the PG duties. I was like wow to the trade because we could of taken either Knight or Walker @ 7. But I have faith in our GM Geoff Petrie. Also excited to see if Jimmer is the real deal.
Don't forget about Thornton man, kid has got some serious game don't sleep on him.