The most talented Hip Hop Group...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 21, 2002
The Roots...hands down. they play they own instruments and Black Thought is one of the most underrated MC's in the game...they the shit live too...anyone else agree...holla

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
cant really pinpoint one so i will give you a quick list of groups i bump on a regular basis....

Little Brother
Lliving Legends(if you call them a group,more like a crew,so in that case,3mg,Cma,mystic journeymam,G&E)
Souls of Mischief
non-prophets
mob figaz
ghetto starz
3xKrazy
Swollen Members

Dec 21, 2002
siccfucc said:
non-prophets

Fuck yeah folks...Non-Prophets is the shit..their HOPE album is classic shit. They are probably my favorite group along with Jedi Mind Tricks. Swollen Members is tight too. I was just not feeling their last album, their first two albums are tight as fuck tho. That Sage Francis quote in your sig is tight. Sage Francis is one of my favorite MC's, people need to stop sleepin on Sage...But the reason that I say that THE ROOTS are the most talented is because all of them with the exception to Black Thought plays a musical instrument and that's definately rare in HIP HOP...1

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
yeah,i feel ya on the most talented aspect,i kinda just named mu favs i guess..forgot one too...cannibal ox....yeah,i still bump hope to this day like its brand new,i think its hard for ppl to get into sage cause he is so different than most shit out there,seems like cats either love him or hate him,that fucker need to put out some more albums,he has material for days,i mean,all these verses on the "sick of..." series and countless other shit online,he has enough shit to have like 4 albums by now,but never does anything with it,its just stays "unreleased"....and yeah,i wasnt really feeling "heavy" by swollen either,but i bump the shit out of bad dreams

Dec 21, 2002
real talk homie i feel you on Sage's shit, he needs more studio albums. i bump all of his discs on almost the daily: Personal Journals, Hope, and the Sick of Series. I think if people gave him a good listening, they would be feelin Sage.

Canibal Ox is tight as fuck too, can't believe they slipped my mind

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
damn,forgot another one...one of my favorites too...Cali Agents. was just bumpin "head of the state" only 9 tracks but they are all bangers

Dec 21, 2002
tadou said:
Are you talking about square-ass Backpacker stuff, or hip-hop in general?

if so, Diplomats and Lox is killing everybody in every department.
those groups are talented too, but nobody in either of those groups play an instrument...i'm talking musically talented-all around talent...1

Nov 24, 2003
tadou said:
Are you talking about square-ass Backpacker stuff, or hip-hop in general?

if so, Diplomats and Lox is killing everybody in every department.

tadou you gotta be kiddin me who from either group is nice???..... most talented group gotta be the four horseman. even without a full album out..... second goes maybe to dungeon family but that is debatable

Apr 8, 2004
Aiy Nice Guy- JADAKISS, STYLES P, SHEEK, AND JAE HOOD are all nice! They like the hardest niggas comin' outta the East right now. The 4 horsemen??? Are you serious? They don't even have an album out! I guess next I'm gonna hear is Locc 2 Da Brain or Swartzaniggaz.

M-1

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
most talented: Roots hands down....not necessarily my favorite, but they have the most collective talent for their music

Dec 21, 2002
yeah, i feel you on that...Roots are not my favorite but they have MUSICAL TALENT and that deserves respect...not taking anything away from any of the other groups that everyone has been mentioning...peace