The Legend of Chen Zhen - Donnie Yen (2010)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 25, 2009
but action looks like might be over done with to many flying and very unrealistic that why i like ip man it was done with perfect balance like flashpoint but lets wait and see

Nov 17, 2002
www.facebook.com
Looks pretty good.

I have to say... when I first read the title of this thread, I LOL'ed because of all the rhyming:

...See it once, and see it again with your friend Ken, in your den. Can I borrow a pen?

Sorry. Totally random, I know.

Apr 2, 2010
I have to say... when I first read the title of this thread, I LOL'ed because of all the rhyming:

I got multis breh!

as soon as I saw the black mask I thought this reminds me of bruce lee fist of fury.
Thats because they are both the same character (Chen Zhen). Did you notice the part where he broke the sign and fought all the japanese people in the dojo in the trailer? Same story, different perspective....

Sep 24, 2002
Chen Zhen is the same character that Bruce Lee played in Fists of Fury (1971) and that Jet Li played in Fist of Legend (1994). Now Donnie Yen can be added to that short, but amazing list of leading martial arts actors who have played the role of Chen Zhen.

After seeking vengeance on his mentor's death, it was reported that Chen Zhen was shot to death by the Japanese. Seven years later, Chen Zhen returns to Shanghai in disguise as a wealthy businessman who becomes allies with an infamous mafia boss. Chen Zhen soon discovers that the mafia is in cahoots with the Japanese. Dressed as a superhero that looks similar to Kato from The Green Hornet at night, Chen Zhen sets out to stop evil once and for all while targeting an assassination list that was put together by the Japanese.

The Legend of Chen Zhen stars Donnie Yen, Shu Qi, and Anthony Wong with Donnie Yen providing the martial arts choreography. The action film will be written and produced by Gordon Chan with Andrew Lau in the director's chair. The film will also be a sequel of sorts rather than a re-telling or a remake.

Apr 2, 2010
The film will also be a sequel of sorts rather than a re-telling or a remake.
Either they improvised the script and approach on the spot, or that source is wrong. Gordan Chan said the film would be a completely different perspective of how Chen Zhen is portrayed. Unless you are wondering wtf @ the storyline, then I would agree :ermm:

Apr 2, 2010
Oh lmao...Flashpoint was so improvised they shouldn't of even wrote a script for it lol..Anyways, its about time these "heroic" asian films take a more darker and realistic approach..Can't wait for it now, props on the link Rambo!