the Global warming thread...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 8, 2003
well.. its obvious we are goin through some changes.. but ive fancied with the idea that its not emissions that are causing it, but instead, the sun... heres some intresting articles for you guys/gals to ponder...

Global Warming on Pluto Puzzles Scientists::

In what is largely a reversal of an August announcement, astronomers today said Pluto is undergoing global warming in its thin atmosphere even as it moves farther from the Sun on its long, odd-shaped orbit
http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/pluto_warming_021009.html

New Storm on Jupiter Hints at Climate Change::

The latest images could provide evidence that Jupiter is in the midst of a global change that can modify temperatures by as much as 10 degrees Fahrenheit on different parts of the globe.
http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/060504_red_jr.html

NASA looks at a monster storm on Saturn::

NASA says its Cassini spacecraft has found a hurricane-like storm at Saturn's South Pole, nearly 5,000 miles across -- or two-thirds Earth's diameter.
http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/view.php?StoryID=20061109-022035-4126r

Global Warming Detected on Triton::

There may not be much industrial pollution on Neptune's largest moon, but things are heating up nonetheless. "At least since 1989, Triton has been undergoing a period of global warming," confirms astronomer James Elliot, professor of Earth, Atmospheric and Planetary Sciences at Massachusetts Institute of Technology. "Percentage-wise, it's a very large increase."
http://www.scienceagogo.com/news/19980526052143data_trunc_sys.shtml

Study says sun getting hotter::

Solar radiation reaching the Earth is 0.036 percent warmer than it was in 1986, when the current solar cycle was beginning, a researcher reports in a study to be published Friday in the journal Science. The finding is based on an analysis of satellites that measure the temperature of sunlight.
http://www.lubbockonline.com/news/092897/study.htm

The truth about global warming - it's the Sun that's to blame::

Dr Sami Solanki, the director of the renowned Max Planck Institute for Solar System Research in Gottingen, Germany, who led the research, said: "The Sun has been at its strongest over the past 60 years and may now be affecting global temperatures.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/mai...18.xml&sSheet=/news/2004/07/18/ixnewstop.html

id like to hear some opinions..

Mar 12, 2005
Deadpool said:
God just doesn't want us to be so cold.
Haha, Good Read Troll!

But For real, how did this go from an Economic Status Thread to God Humor? Deadpool, stop killing threads! It was funny but you're shitting on the purpose, NOT COOL!

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
Deadpool said:
God just doesn't want us to be so cold.
LOL, I was going to make a reference to it being God, but this one is better than what I was gonna say.

Interesting read though, really makes me wonder if the sun is just getting hotter, but what would make the sun get hotter? I thought it was supposed to get cooler over time? Oh right, whoever said that could have easily been wrong, just like most "discoveries"....:confused:

People dont' know shit and always says it's one thing or another, and it's always about an agenda, but Troll, this is a good thread, nice idea.

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
TROLL said:
well.. its obvious we are goin through some changes.. but ive fancied with the idea that its not emissions that are causing it, but instead, the sun... heres some intresting articles for you guys/gals to ponder...

Global Warming on Pluto Puzzles Scientists::

In what is largely a reversal of an August announcement, astronomers today said Pluto is undergoing global warming in its thin atmosphere even as it moves farther from the Sun on its long, odd-shaped orbit
http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/pluto_warming_021009.html

New Storm on Jupiter Hints at Climate Change::

The latest images could provide evidence that Jupiter is in the midst of a global change that can modify temperatures by as much as 10 degrees Fahrenheit on different parts of the globe.
http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/060504_red_jr.html

NASA looks at a monster storm on Saturn::

NASA says its Cassini spacecraft has found a hurricane-like storm at Saturn's South Pole, nearly 5,000 miles across -- or two-thirds Earth's diameter.
http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/view.php?StoryID=20061109-022035-4126r

Global Warming Detected on Triton::

There may not be much industrial pollution on Neptune's largest moon, but things are heating up nonetheless. "At least since 1989, Triton has been undergoing a period of global warming," confirms astronomer James Elliot, professor of Earth, Atmospheric and Planetary Sciences at Massachusetts Institute of Technology. "Percentage-wise, it's a very large increase."
http://www.scienceagogo.com/news/19980526052143data_trunc_sys.shtml

Study says sun getting hotter::

Solar radiation reaching the Earth is 0.036 percent warmer than it was in 1986, when the current solar cycle was beginning, a researcher reports in a study to be published Friday in the journal Science. The finding is based on an analysis of satellites that measure the temperature of sunlight.
http://www.lubbockonline.com/news/092897/study.htm

The truth about global warming - it's the Sun that's to blame::

Dr Sami Solanki, the director of the renowned Max Planck Institute for Solar System Research in Gottingen, Germany, who led the research, said: "The Sun has been at its strongest over the past 60 years and may now be affecting global temperatures.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/mai...18.xml&sSheet=/news/2004/07/18/ixnewstop.html

id like to hear some opinions..

that's bullshit

the bis business is interested in things going on the way they are now, they don't care at all about the future, that's why you see all these claims it's not human activity that causes changes in climate

NASA is funded by the government, they will say whatever the government tells them to say, and the government will do whatever the business tells it to do

instead of trying to hide the truth we must face it before it's too late:

this means:

1. Cutting emissions all over the world (which USA wll never do and what is worse is that even if USA and Europe cut their combined emissions by 60%, this will be matched by India and China which are considered developing countries and are not required to do anything)

this won't happen though because it means no economic growth the way the economy is strucutred now and all those bastards care about is economic growth

2. Decrease in population; 6.5 billions people are just too many for this planet which can feed only 2 billion if they consume as the average person in North America; nobody even notices the problem though; instead the world population is adding 80 millions each year mostly in countries around the Equator where most of the rainforests are

nothing will be done about it either because it will require birth control and even birth control won't be sufficient, because what we need is decrease in population from 6.5-7 billions to 2.5-3 maximum which will require taking some very unpopular measures

The Catholic Church and the Ayatolahs don't even accept the idea of birth control, abortions are tabu so it will be impossible to do anything to prevent overpopulation in Africa, Latin America and muslim countries

The only option left for those few of us that realize how serious the problem is to just sit down and watch how the world dies because of ignorant and irresponsible morons...

Hemp

Sicc OG
Sep 5, 2005
correct troll, i have once listed alot of changes happening in the sun and earth including the sun having the highest solar flares ever recorded, the earths magnetic poles are Inverting which happens once in a very long while, the suns comming to an end of an even longer cycle which will make it at the center of the galaxy and line up with 7 other planets including earth, and many many more changes.

im sure pollution only feeds the flame tho but the initiation began from outside.

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
Hemp said:
correct troll, i have once listed alot of changes happening in the sun and earth including the sun having the highest solar flares ever recorded, the earths magnetic poles are Inverting which happens once in a very long while, the suns comming to an end of an even longer cycle which will make it at the center of the galaxy and line up with 7 other planets including earth, and many many more changes.

im sure pollution only feeds the flame tho but the initiation began from outside.
solar activity influences climate but the rate of the change is so allarmignly fast that it can't be explained only with cosmologic reasons

Hemp

Sicc OG
Sep 5, 2005
the things i listed are very few of the real changes. i dont have time to go look 1 year back and find my post which nobody replied to.
but put all those together with pollution and you got the fast changes occuring.

Jul 22, 2006
STOCKTONE said:
Haha, Good Read Troll!

But For real, how did this go from an Economic Status Thread to God Humor? Deadpool, stop killing threads! It was funny but you're shitting on the purpose, NOT COOL!
It wasn't an Economic Status Thread, did you even read it? The links are about climate change on other planets and the changes the sun is making to the solar system.

Obviously my comment did nothing to kill the thread, nor was that the intention.

The purpose of the thread was to discuss global warming. Troll posted an interesting theory that I had yet to hear. But the fact is that my "God Theory" is far more popular in this country and around the world.

Why automatically do you assume it was intended as humor? Just because you found it humorous? I believe many people on this site find you to be quite funny, but I'm sure your parents didn't intend you to be a joke.

Aug 19, 2006
ThaG said:
solar activity influences climate but the rate of the change is so allarmignly fast that it can't be explained only with cosmologic reasons
I DON'T KNOW FOR BEING SO SMALL IN SUCH A LARGE UNIVERSE THAT CONTINUES ON FOREVER AND DON'T STOP YOU SEEM SURE THAT IT CAN'T BE EXPLAINED BY COSMOLOGIC REASONS. I WOULD LIKE TO SEE THE PERSON WHO CAN EXPLAIN THE WAY SUCH A VAST THING WORKS. ASIDE FROM THAT MY OPINION IS THAT THE EARTH WILL TAKE CARE OF ITSELF. ISN'T ALL THAT WE USE A PRODUCT OF EARTH ITSELF? I AM SURE WE DON'T GET THAT SHIT ELSWHERE. BUT IF IT'S COMIN FROM WITHOUT THE SOLAR SYSTEM WILL TAKE IT'S NATURAL COURSE REGARDLESS OF STUPID HUMAN RANTING AND RAVING ABOUT STOP BURNING DEAD DINOSAURS, COAL, AND WOOD STOVES TO WARM YOUR HOUSE.

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
1OLB4 said:
I DON'T KNOW FOR BEING SO SMALL IN SUCH A LARGE UNIVERSE THAT CONTINUES ON FOREVER AND DON'T STOP YOU SEEM SURE THAT IT CAN'T BE EXPLAINED BY COSMOLOGIC REASONS. I WOULD LIKE TO SEE THE PERSON WHO CAN EXPLAIN THE WAY SUCH A VAST THING WORKS. ASIDE FROM THAT MY OPINION IS THAT THE EARTH WILL TAKE CARE OF ITSELF. ISN'T ALL THAT WE USE A PRODUCT OF EARTH ITSELF? I AM SURE WE DON'T GET THAT SHIT ELSWHERE. BUT IF IT'S COMIN FROM WITHOUT THE SOLAR SYSTEM WILL TAKE IT'S NATURAL COURSE REGARDLESS OF STUPID HUMAN RANTING AND RAVING ABOUT STOP BURNING DEAD DINOSAURS, COAL, AND WOOD STOVES TO WARM YOUR HOUSE.
why is everybody so blind?

of course the Earth will take care of itself and when it does it there will be no humans on this planet

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
Hemp said:

there's a total lunar eclipse in 2028...around the time that asteroid is supposedly going to blast earth out of existence. I think it's GOD!:siccness:

Dec 8, 2005
but if its the suns fault then what will deomcrats use to scare up votes? maybe we are making RA angry. the 2008 democrat motto: we dont piss of RA!!

Hemp

Sicc OG
Sep 5, 2005
ThaG said:

i found the thread that i was talking about and it contains useful info to add on to Trolls post.
here it is from my thread:

and now read this according to nasa:

"The Sun's magnetic poles will remain as they are now, with the north magnetic pole pointing through the Sun's southern hemisphere, until the year 2012 when they will reverse again. This transition happens, as far as we know, at the peak of every 11-year sunspot cycle -- like clockwork.

Earths magnetic field also flips, but with less regularity. Consecutive reversals are spaced 5 thousand years to 50 million years apart. The last reversal happened 740, 000 years ago. SOME RESEARCHERS THINK OUR PLANET IS OVERDUE FOR ANOTHER ONE, but nobody knows exactly when the next reversal might occur. "

even tho they dont say when earths next one will be, we know its overdue and bound to happen.

so the 12-21-12 magnetic shift where according to the new agers the human consciousness will shift is very likely.

Friday, 10 February 2006 www.polereversal.com:

The Chandler wobble was first discovered back in 1891 by Seth Carlo Chandler an American astronomer. The effect causes the Earth's poles to move in an irregular circle of 3 to 15 metres in diameter in an oscillation. The Earth's Wobble has a 7 year cycle which produces two extremes, a small spiraling wobble circle and a large spiraling wobble circle, about 3.5 years apart. The Earth was in October 2005 moving into the small spiraling circle (the MIN phase of the wobble), which should have slowly unfolded during 2006 and the first few months of 2007. (Each spiraling circle takes about 14 months). But suddenly at the beginning of November 2005, the track of the location of the spin axis veered at a very sharp right angle to its circling motion.

The track of the spin axis began to slow down and by about January 8, 2006, it ceased nearly all relative motion on the x and y coordinates which are used to define the daily changing location of the spin axis.

One interesting implication is the likely increase in tectonic activity which may follow during the next 20 years or so. The last major anomaly in the MIN phase of the X WAVE was during 1936, which induced a major phase shift and sharp change in direction of the drift of the pole. Following that anomaly, the frequency of 7.0 plus quakes nearly doubled from some 18 per year to over 30 per year. The year following the anomaly saw many major increases in volcanism. We are likely headed towards a similar 20 year season of increase in tectonic activity, beginning with a major increase in volcanism during 2006-08 and the occurrence of more 7.0 plus quakes, even as many three per month for many years afterwards

November 2003 bbc:

The Sun has unleashed its largest recorded solar flare, capping 10 days of unprecedented activity for the star.

The blast sent billions of tonnes of superhot gas into space - some of it directed towards our planet.

Scientists say the Sun's current spate of activity has produced the most dramatic events seen on the solar surface since regular monitoring began.

Nevertheless, our planet's magnetic sheath may still be hit by clouds of charged particles in the next 24 or 48 hours and could give rise to geomagnetic storms.
so again, all of those changes and their affect on the weather are surely fueled by global warming, which we all know is real.
oh yeah cept for you republicans who believe as bush stated "God is still up there and hasnt forgotten about us"

Aug 8, 2003
^^
good read.. i fiind this intresting...
The Sun's magnetic poles will remain as they are now, with the north magnetic pole pointing through the Sun's southern hemisphere, until the year 2012 when they will reverse again. This transition happens, as far as we know, at the peak of every 11-year sunspot cycle -- like clockwork.
i wonder ifthe date 2012 purposefully coincides with teh mayan calander ending..

Hemp

Sicc OG
Sep 5, 2005
oh i already know 2012 is real. I wont attempt to explain but its not just this because the this cycle happens every 11 years.

the real deal is how all these cycles are comming to an end at the same time.

how i believe the peoples consciousness will transend in 12-21-12?
by the earths magnetic poles inverting.

remember that our consciousness is electrical, and magnets affect electricity.

just wanted to share my opinions