The Game

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Y-S

Sicc OG
Dec 10, 2005
I have a question, what if he never beefed or kicked out of g-unit and like he was perfectly fit in the group? What hip-hop would be still like on that day?

I think Game would've sold more than he did on his latest album, as being second album...

Mar 13, 2003
Maybe not as the music industry as a whole has dramatically dropped in record sales.........Even the big chain record stores are closing b/c of slumping sales. (i.e Tower records, etc.....) I think Game did pretty descent considering the current state in the music industry.

Jan 24, 2007
Game's second album was more dope than the Documentary, but all that beef shit hurt his repuation and he was no longer with G Unit and really even Dre, so that probably contributed as well as the music industry dropping sales.

Jan 16, 2006
Everywhere
elipaintfat said:
Game's second album was more dope than the Documentary, but all that beef shit hurt his repuation and he was no longer with G Unit and really even Dre, so that probably contributed as well as the music industry dropping sales.

u really think so? i thought documentary was alot better than D.A. but D.A. had its nice trakks

but foreals tower is closing down?

Nov 7, 2005
They've been down for a few months already. You missed that shit, they were getting rid of CD's cheap as fuck, some as low as $.99 right before they closed down.

Y-S

Sicc OG
Dec 10, 2005
If none of that shit was to happen, I believe both game and banks would've sold a lot more (both balancelly) than their recent albums.

Aug 24, 2006
I Felt the Documentary album was way Better then the D.A. album!
I Used to hella Be Down an Bump his Shit all the time but i dont now....?
the only track i was feelin on the D.A. was Track 11, Doctor's Advocate.
an I Realy Never Care for g-unit untill when the Game was in for that short time an that was it.

Jan 13, 2007
all yall is tripping the whole D.A. album is fire front to back and its shittin on the documentary its some real west coast shit

May 12, 2002
I have to say that it was a matter of quality. Game did not have what he had with the documentary. Dre and Gunit. Akon was able to accomplish something good with his album, still in the top 25 for like the millionth week. Also,We are now entering a digital world where independant artist may start to dominate the industry, and we might have to kiss platinum days goodbye. Either record companies start thinking about selling cheaper albums, Walmart lifting its PA block and artist half assing jobs, things will start being like back in the days. This is affecting more than just hip hop. The only category that has not downtrended as bad is the country genre. You can't beat 99 cents for only the songs that you want rather than buying a cd worth of crap for 15 dollars. It's a scary sight when you look at the numbers.

May 30, 2006
The Game hurt hiz career by talking to much, predicting too much, being arrogant, disrespectful & lying all the fuckin time. Hiz entire obsession with dismantling G-Unit was hella stupid. Most of hiz beefs were corny. He's been exposed as being a fake countless times. G-Unit wasn't gonna stay on top forever cuz Banks aint nothin special outside of the mixtapes, Yayo iz garbage, Young Hot Rod iz hot garbage etc. He was better off declining 2 join G-Unit when 50, Dre & Iovine approached him with the offer.

Feb 8, 2003
Rasan said:
I disagree..
as far as what i have heard, they were gonna shelve him, so that was the only option he had,

Exactly You heard the truth. 50 got him dropped from the label, it was revenge for Game being unloyal to them. The main reason he got eighty sixed out of G Unit was bc he starting communicating with Nas when 50 was beefing with him and to me thats unloyalty so I dont blame 50 one bit. Then the reason he got dropped from Interscope was bc he kept amking them mixtape disses and talking shit about G Unit after Dre and interscope to him to leave it alone and he ignored them.