!!!The Formula Every Artist Should Know!!!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 26, 2005
via www.digipendent.com

Here is the formula, memorize it…its the most viable path remaining to make money in the new music economy:

CWF + RtB = $$$$

translation

Connect With Fans (CwF) + Reason To Buy (RtB) = The Business Model ($$$$)

Remember, everything you do must be; special, unique & add value to the artist fan relationship. Engage your stans, grind it out and dont forget to peep www.digipendent.com and sign up for my email list or RSS feed so you can get daily updates on how to really thrive in the music biz.

og MS

Member since 1997
Apr 25, 2002
www.killavalley.com
a simple "hand shake, signed poster and thank you for your support" can also go a long way. This is a way to connect as Danny said above. We did lot's of guerilla marketing in our heyday and the biggest way to keep a fan way to reach out and tell them how much you appreciate them, not to mention the poster... 8x10 glossy or any other keepsake you can provide them with. This also leads to great word of mouth as well.

I agree.. this site has been a great asset in terms of networking and educating all walks of the entertainment industry.

Jun 24, 2007
this realy gets me thinkng cuz i been noticing that people are doin the same old stuff and nobody is really moving units or making an impact. Good looking and keep it up with that smart shit dannydee

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
the thing with alot of the underground bay area rappers is they make decent music but it all basically sounds the same. Not many will buy your album nowadays if you can get it for free. You gotta make true fans who will pay to see you perform buy merchandice and stuff like that, artists need to focus more on putting on a show people would pay to see.

Look at the the guys who are making it big independantly like Tech N9ne, sells alot of albums because he has a legion of crazy fans that hang on dudes every word. He also puts on one hell of a show and is intertwined with ICP fans who are popular because they follow the same formula. Love em or hate em ICP are some marketing geniuses, if you can get thousands of reject kids wear makeup and pour cheap soda overthemselves then you are doing something right.

Feb 10, 2004
www.twitter.com
As a consumer most, of the artists I support has much to do with things outside of music as the music itself. I will always support Quinn, Chuck, and Big Rich, because of how humble they are and how they all have treated me when we I see them. I've only met them once but the same goes for the MoneyTree crew and Silence. And I will continue to support FAB because of how cool Gary is. All of those people treat everyone with respect, no matter your role in trying to advance the scene out here. Some rappers from my own neighborhood I could give a fuck about, because I've seen them treat people kinda shady without cause.

Simple shit can be the difference between someone spending $15 on you CD and downloading for free, or deciding to break bread to come to your show. I bought the Jack Artist on the strength of a Jacka interview . And I've continued to support, not only because of his music, but just because his management team reply to messages with professionalism.

May 11, 2005
this realy gets me thinkng cuz i been noticing that people are doin the same old stuff and nobody is really moving units or making an impact. Good looking and keep it up with that smart shit dannydee
Not true.. All artist out here do not do what seems to be easy shit.. They realy think they can sit @ home and sale records.. YEE BIG JOKE. Don't run & say the internet can sale you records. I know thats the truth but most don't even do that. You need to more then have a membership on www.siccness.net. you need to do internet marketing for you 2 win on the net.. Very few do that out here are doing that. Maybe 1 hand full.

G.Archer

Good point though if everyone was pushin hard promotion campaigns. $asles would B up^^^

May 11, 2005
MUCH RESPECT

As a consumer most, of the artists I support has much to do with things outside of music as the music itself. I will always support Quinn, Chuck, and Big Rich, because of how humble they are and how they all have treated me when we I see them. I've only met them once but the same goes for the MoneyTree crew and Silence. And I will continue to support FAB because of how cool Gary is. All of those people treat everyone with respect, no matter your role in trying to advance the scene out here. Some rappers from my own neighborhood I could give a fuck about, because I've seen them treat people kinda shady without cause.

Simple shit can be the difference between someone spending $15 on you CD and downloading for free, or deciding to break bread to come to your show. I bought the Jack Artist on the strength of a Jacka interview . And I've continued to support, not only because of his music, but just because his management team reply to messages with professionalism.
MIIthasav Thanks for the support. HP always keeps it real solid with me so I keep it real solid with them. As well as all of the other neighborhoods in the BAY AREA. Thats why we are even close to still being a factor out in the BAY AREA with out having any radio support from the BIG URBAN station in are market. It's because of all of the early groundwork we put in & still put in.

Thanks 2 all of the neighborhoods out here. These are the people that set the trends & influence the buying demo.. Get out there people & give them CD's away in the hoods & the Burb$ will follow. With out them no $$$$$$$

G.Archer

Bus Ryde
coming soon

May 2, 2002
www.money-tree.tv
As a consumer most, of the artists I support has much to do with things outside of music as the music itself. I've only met them once but the same goes for the MoneyTree crew and Silence.
I appreciate this. It really means a lot to us as well. Thanks for all the support and follow the Money Tree March Madness. We are doing this for the fans.... check the thread and download all the tracks www.moneytreeent.blogspot.com