The Doppelgangaz

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

infinity

( o )( o )
May 4, 2005
UOENO, CA
The Doppelgangaz is a duo from NY who both rap & produce some high quality beats. Just listened to their new album HARK and they are ill. It's gonna put them on the map, so I am posting their discog here.

The group has become known for wearing cloaks[7] while performing and embracing the "vagrant" lifestyle of frequenting brothels, inebriation, cheap clothing, dumpster diving and being nomadic in their music. They have developed a strong cult following in European countries[8] such as Germany, France, Belgium, the Netherlands, Sweden, Spain and also in Australia.

The group's 2011 release Lone Sharks has received widespread critical acclaim for its production being reminiscent of the "raw", gritty style that was the iconic sound of east coast New York Hip-Hop in the mid 1990's. Their rapping and lyrics have also been complimented for their unique subject matter, tone and imagery.

• (2011) Beats For Brothels Vol. 1 [Instrumentals]

• (2013) HARK [3rd album//stream for now]

Groggy Pack - YouTube
https://twitter.com/TheDoppelgangaz
thedoppelgangaz.bandcamp.com/
www.facebook.com/TheDoppelgangaz

Feb 25, 2006
these guys are dope, i got their lone sharks album and its really dope. they have their own sound.

I heard this new album isnt as good and its really short

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
So I soaked in a few of their releases and they make some cool stuff. I don't think they have found their footing all the way quite yet but they seem to be heading in the right direction with their sound. I think the production is their strong point so far and they could really polish up their lyrics more, especially for the type of rap they are trying to make.