The Definitive "All 6s and 7s" Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
I think those were the most wasted skits on a Tech album yet.

They held very little relevance to the album's theme.

Every time I hear "Go deep, nigga" by accident, I get a little angry.

Jun 20, 2008
I think those were the most wasted skits on a Tech album yet.

They held very little relevance to the album's theme.

Every time I hear "Go deep, nigga" by accident, I get a little angry.
I would prop the shit out of that if I could. Especially since that line starts up 5 tracks in a row (including that skit), that are all skips to me.

Jun 15, 2011
Done in the right way I think skits help the average listener understand the overall concept of the song, too much of them can definitely be annoying . You guys should listen to the Dr. Suwandi skit I did on Krizz Kalikos album SIC and give me your feedback .....I actually had to do it by accident . He really needed Dr. Frazier but couldn't get ahold of her and I was in the studio so I did it instead. I have never gotten on the Mic unless I was singing so it was different for me.

Kain

Sicc OG
Jun 16, 2004
Yes, skits can add something to a song or album. However this is when the skits actually, you know... have something to do with a song or the album. The "My World Intro" for instance was nice skit and is one of the few skits that I'll actually play. Even when a skit does "tell a story" or otherwise fits into the album... it'll still only be played by me once. I don't like skits. Can be interesting on a first listen through, then... just a waste or time and space.

However the issue here is... 6's and 7's was filled with bullshit skits. Hell, the Pledge... twice? Actually, I'm surprised he didn't put it on there 6 times, each once fitted to a different genre such as Rock or Country to fit the whole "my music is for everybody" dream he has. Why not get those country fans in on that cult-ish crap?

Jun 15, 2011
Lol , well now that everyone has expressed themselves ...lol . I'm not upset about the skit comment but one album that I love that has silly skits is Handsome Boy Modeling School and Lovage too those are great records. But do agree that skits can be annoying

Jun 20, 2008
Done in the right way I think skits help the average listener understand the overall concept of the song, too much of them can definitely be annoying . You guys should listen to the Dr. Suwandi skit I did on Krizz Kalikos album SIC and give me your feedback .....I actually had to do it by accident . He really needed Dr. Frazier but couldn't get ahold of her and I was in the studio so I did it instead. I have never gotten on the Mic unless I was singing so it was different for me.
I appreciated the Dr. Suwandi skit, it set the tone for what Krizz was trying to express with the EP, and I thought it was funny. The 6s and 7s skits just contribute absolutely nothing, except for maybe that one before Love Me Tomorrow, but even that one is pretty unnecessary. As a matter of fact, if that interview at the beginning of Cult Leader was a skit before the track instead of part of the track itself, that would be a good skit. Instead it's just a minor annoyance that I have to skip through when I want to listen to the track.