The Best Hip-Hop Radio Show in Kansas City

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 20, 2006
The best thing poppin in the local Kansas City rap scene is DJ KoolWayne's 4- hour radio mix show, The Wire, on 90.1 KKFI FM. I personally feel that this is one of the best resources for local independent artists to increase their exposure in KC, since MoCheez magazine hit the scene in 1998. If you have never tuned in to The Wire, you can catch DJ KoolWayne every Thursday night (Friday morning) from 12 a.m. to 4 a.m. The playlist on KoolWayne's show is 60% local, and 100% independent underground heat for 4 straight hours with no commercial interruptions. He does local interviews, as well as interviews with national independent artists. (Remember when C-Bo and Killa Tay got shot up with Fat Tone, well they had just fininshed doing an interview with KoolWayne). Forget what people tell you, this is the Show-Me State, The Wire is THE RADIO SHOW, that's got the streets on lock. Just ask the inmates at Leavenworth Federal Penitentiary, who they tune into like Tom Brokaw. It sure ain't none of those puppets at KPRS. Just wanted to put some people up on game, if you wanna get at KoolWayne hit him up on myspace or tune in and tell him, Cheez sent you.

May 2, 2002
If I remember right, he had a show on the same station called Massive Mondays. It was from 3am-6am. I'm posted up in Warrensburg, so I'm not sure if I even get that station out here.

May 20, 2006
DezertEagle said:
I wish Colorado had a good radio station/show, all we got is 1 whack ass station that shows the locals no love.
Reach out to KoolWayne, it's not an exclusive KC show. He plays remixes by Chamillionaire, Jim Jones, shit that nobody else in KC might have. So some hot shit from Denver would be right on point.