the bay aint getting no play

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 17, 2002
i dont know if anyone has brought this up, but i think the reason why the bay isnt getting any radio play is because of its usual very violent and graphic music that no one wants to get a backlash from. everyone remembers 96 when the whole east/west coasts beef started, and kmel and mtv got the finger pointed at them for cuasing and fueling the bicoastal feud....

in other words we need more rappers like for example e-40 who rap about the come up not the gun up in someones jaw

just some shit i thought of watching the hip-hop history program on vh1

og MS

Member since 1997
Apr 25, 2002
www.killavalley.com
has nuttin to do with content... shit Jay-Z, Clipse, Jadakiss, Xzibit, WC.. etc all get radio play and they're speakin on some gangsta shit and dope dealin' shit...

They just have someone with big money behind them makin' sure radio is catering to their records. The politics are a muthafucka.

May 2, 2002
look at shyne. He got play and all he talked about was gangsta shit. Remember that video "that's gangsta"? If that can get play any west coast shit can get play.