That Raider offensive line....

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
FATAL NYGHTMARE said:
It would also result in more interceptions, whether you have Russel, Walter or Brooks in there. Especially Walter and Russel because of their inexperience (that's if you even draft Russel).

I agree with Tony to an extent, but I do not agree that coaching was the main reason the line was garbage. Better coaching would have helped a lot, but lack of talent would have prevented them from being a good or even decent line. I understand what he's saying about zone blocking Vs. man-to-man blocking, but any good lineman would have known to convert to a zone block when he sees his man drop back into coverage no matter what the coaches have taught them. It's common sense for a professional offensive lineman. You see your man drop off into the backfield, then you see a linebacker blitzing.. It's obvious what you do from there.

The raiders need better coaches and players. Period.
Right on Fatal..... now we're talking football. I hear you about the lineman having enough of common sense to convert but it's on the coaches to enforce it also. Should have tested their asses more in practice because it seemed like everytime they got blitzed a blitzer was always getting in untouched. And if Brooks didn't have his legs or that escape ability the Raiders would have given up hella more sacks. Well we'll see what these new coaches can do with this line. I am pretty sure they'll make some changes.