TELL ME IF IT WOULD HIT ON RADIO

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 28, 2003
I WAS JOTTING SOME STUFF DOWN TODAY, AND I WONDERED IF LYRICS LIKE THE ONES I WROTE TO DAY WOULD HIT ON RADIO IF THERE WERE NO REAL CUSS WORDS IN IT. NOT NECESSARILY THESE LINES, BUT LINES LIKE THESE, GIVE ME FEEDBACK

THIS ISN'T DONE BUT YOU GET THE IDEA

THEY SAY I'M THE FILTHIEST,
CAUSE THE SKILLS I HAVE ENSTILLED,
I'M LIKE ENLISTED-MILITARY
PUT THE SECRETARY OF DEFENSE
IN CARDIAC ARREST

WHEN HE SEES THE HEAT I CARRY
A MERCENARY-
GUN LIKE DIRTY HARRY
DO EVERYTHING I CAN TO STAY ALIVE,
AND PUT A STACK OF ASHES
WHERE YOU USED TO STAND

I WASN'T ALWAYS LIKE THIS
USED TO CHOOSE TO FIGHT-
WITH MY FISTS AND FEET
BUT I GOT ADDICTED TO THE SIGHT OF BLOOD
AND NOW THAT'S HISTORY

BLISTERING
ON MY HANDS AND FINGERS
IN THE 5TH DEGREE
BURNS TO MY EPIDERMIS
AND STRIPES EARNED
FOR EVERY UNSOLVED MYSTERY

EXPLICIT VISIONS
STILL ALIVE AND KICKIN
IN MY MIND
NERVOUS SYSTEM KEEPS A BODY TWITCHIN'
IF MUNITIONS DOESN'T HIT 'EM RIGHT

BLOW YOU UP INSIDE
5 INCH TALL AND 6 INCH WIDE
PUT A FISH TANK IN YA STOMACH
DAMN EVEN I'M DISGUSTED

THEN LEAVE YOU!-
WITH YOUR BODY SEE THROUGH
PUT PIRAHNAS IN THE TANK
AND WATCH EM EAT YOU
I MUST HAVE BEEN ABUSED
IS WHAT THEY SAY ABOUT THE DUDE
BUT MY HYPNOTIC TUNES
WILL MAKE YOU ALL PSYCHOTIC SOON

Apr 25, 2002
4 reals...aint no way that shit would make it to radio....you rappin on some kill um all bloody murder shit..and that dont hit the stations....plus...in my opinion the shit wasnt very good...could be the way i read it..but it didnt seem too tight

May 2, 2002
I JUST RECORDED A RADIO CUT....IT WAS ONE OF THE HARDEST THINGS I'VE EVER HAD TO DO AS FAR AS WRITING MUSIC....I HAD TO KEEP A STREET EDGE TO IT BUT THROW A LITTLE COMMERCIAL IN IT BUT AT THE SAME TIME TALK A LITTLE SHIT ABOUT THE BULLSHIT WE AS ARTISTS HAVE TO FACE TO GET ANY RADIO PLAY....I'M HAPPY WITH THE WAY IT CAME OUT....I EVEN THREW IN A BAR SAYIN I WASN'T PROUD OF THE FACT I HAD TO TONE DOWN MATERIAL IN HOPES OF GETTIN RADIO PLAY....I'M A START ATTEMPTING TO GET IT TO RADIO STATIONS NOW...HOPEFULLY SHIT WORKS OUT...IF NOT I ATLEAST KNOW THE TRACK IS TIGHT ENOUGH TO PUT ON MY ALBUM....SO I DON'T REALLY LOSE! I MIGHT HAVE THE HOMIE DEMON PUT UP A SNIPPET OF IT...BUT I'M NOT SURE YET....

BUT AS FAR AS WHAT YOU FLOWED ABOUT IN THEM BARS.....THERE'S NO WAY THAT'LL EVER GET ON ANY RADIO STATIONS...MAYBE AN UNDERGROUND COLLEGE STATION...BUT WHAT GOOD IS THAT IF YOUR TRYIN TO REACH THE BIG AUDIENCE....KEEP TRYIN BRO AND I'M NOT SAYIN THAT TALKIN SHIT...

Feb 28, 2003
@ big oso loc
thanks for the extensive feedback. good luck with your shit. i checked out your snippets a cold minute ago when they were on here, shit sounded major. should work out for you. and i didn't think you were talkin shit at all homie. i think it is shitty that you have to clarify that on this website when you are one of the main mothafuckaz on here. just keep doin your thang homie and good things gonna come your way if you album is anything like i heard.

as far as the lyrical content, i wanted to know how much was too much. it kills me to hear people, especially hip hop shit, get away with so much when it comes to lyrical content. as long as the beat is catchy, it still hits. good example is 50 cent and other commercial shit that if they don't come right out and say it, if they used slang and stuff, they get away with it.

@mtown criminal
i was messing around with the rhyme scheme hella on this song. it does look like ass on text i must admit, but i have no means of posting up snippets, otherwise i'd lace y'all with it. it wasn't done or anything obviously, but i just wanted some feedback. not necessarily on this particular song, but on the type of lyrics. feedback is appreciated.

Feb 28, 2003
also if you notice, i didn't use profanity one bit on these lyrics, that was another reason i asked. i didn't even plan it like that, but i always try and use words that would be more descriptive or just fit better than using profanity as a lack of things to say.

Jan 21, 2003
I USUALLY DONT EVEN LISTEN 2 THA RADIO I ALWAYS LIKE HEARIN MOTHAFUCKAZ SAYIN FUCK THAT AND FUCK THIS. RADIO IS LIKE CHURCH. YOU WALK INTO IT YOU CANT SAY NOTHIN THAT THATS GONNA BE OFFENSIVE. BUT AS FOR ME I LIKE HEARIN LYRICZ THATS WHY MOTHAFUCKAZ NEVA PICK NO EDITED CD'S.