teens bieng shot for wearing wrong color clothing

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
www.mexica-movement.org
Two arrested in slaying of a Hanford teen-ager
Police suspect the shooting of 17-year-old boy was gang-related.
By Bethany Clough
The Fresno Bee
(Published Thursday, July 4, 2002, 8:39 AM)

HANFORD -- Two teen-agers were arrested Tuesday on suspicion of killing a 17-year-old Hanford resident.
Efrain Velasquez, 18, of Hanford and an unidentified 17-year-old Visalia boy are accused of shooting Ramon Rodriguez, 17, on June 29.

Rodriguez was shot several times at close range as he sat in his car outside his apartment on the 1200 block of Fernot Avenue.

The shooting was committed by sureno gang members, said Hanford Police Department Lt. David Scott. "The gang was attempting to establish that area as part of their territory," he said.

Rodriguez was wearing a red shirt when he was killed.

Rodriguez's mother previously said her son was not a gang member, but police said Rodriguez's red shirt and the gang members Rodriguez "hangs out with" were factors in the situation.

The Visalia Police Department, Tulare County Sheriff's Department and the Kings County Gang Task Force also are investigating the incident.

At least two witnesses described the car the suspects were driving. The car was found in Goshen, and investigators were able to trace who was driving it that night, said Hanford police Lt. Greg Freiner.

Velasquez is being held in Kings County Jail, and the 17-year-old suspect was taken to the Kings County Juvenile Center.

Apr 25, 2002
www.mexica-movement.org
from merced sun star

Man shot in legs after queries about gang affiliation

Wednesday, October 9, 2002

By Stacey Wiebe

DELHI — A 19-year-old man was shot in his legs Monday night by an unknown assailant who questioned him about gang affiliations before opening fire.

Jose Luis Rodriguez was taken by ambulance to Emanuel Medical Center in Turlock for treatment, and was scheduled for release Monday.

Rodriguez was walking home with a companion near a shopping complex in the 16800 block of Schendel Road, south of Shanks Road, at about 8 p.m., said Deputy Paul Garcia of the Merced County Sheriff's Department.

Rodriguez and his friend were approached by a man described as roughly 5 feet, 6 inches tall and weighing 130 to 140 pounds. The man, dressed in dark blue pants and a black sweater with a hood, had the hood up and over his head.

"When they were confronted by the suspect," Garcia said, "his hands were underneath the front of the sweater."

According to Garcia, the suspect asked the man walking with Rodriguez if he claims gang affiliations. The man said "No."

The suspect then asked Rodriguez if he is a "Chap," or a Norteno gang member who claims northern gang ties and wears red clothing. Sureno, or southern gang members, wear blue clothing.

Rodriguez told the suspect that he also does not claim gang ties. The suspect then asked Rodriguez, who wearing red clothing at the time, why he was "wearing those clothes," Garcia said.

The pair then "called each other out to fight," Garcia said. "He (the suspect) pulled his hands out from underneath the sweater and shot the victim twice."

Two bullets of unknown caliber passed through the victim's left leg. The first round passed through the leg above the knee, and the second passed through the left leg and then the right leg, Garcia said.

The suspect fled, and Rodriguez's friend followed suit but stopped after the suspect took a shot at him.

No shell casings were recovered.

Garcia said the suspect may be responsible for a shooting that took place on Shanks Road about three weeks ago.

Apr 25, 2002
www.mexica-movement.org
Gang-related shooting probed

Saturday, July 20, 2002

By Mike De La Cruz

For the second time this week, authorities are investigating what appears to be a gang-related shooting in Merced County.

Merced Police Department Officer Colin Smith said that at about 7:45 p.m. Wednesday, the driver of a car with one passenger reportedly fired approximately four rounds from a revolver at three men as they were leaving an apartment complex in the 3200 block of Meadows Avenue.

Smith, while en route to investigate a report of shots being fired at an occupied vehicle, received a radio call stating the victims, riding in a brown Lincoln Continental, were following the suspect's vehicle on Highway 59.

A short while later, the dispatcher notified the officer that the victims had been shot at again in the area of Highway 59 and Belcher Avenue.

No injuries were reported, Smith said in his report.

The victims, ages 18, 23, and 24, said they had left the Meadows Avenue apartment and turned north on Meadows Avenue when a blue 1987 Honda Accord hatchback approached them slowly from the south.

As the Accord passed, the driver asked the men where they were from.

The passengers in the Lincoln began laughing, and the driver of the Accord stuck a black, semi-automatic handgun out the car window and began firing.

One of the bullets struck the lower portion of the front windshield and fell on the floorboard. The shooter was described by the victims as a heavy-set white male, 21 to 24 years of age, with a thin mustache and wearing a red shirt with white stripes.

One of the passengers said that just before the shooting, one of the suspects shouted "Norte," the Spanish word for north. The victims denied having gang affiliations.

On Tuesday, Merced County Sheriff's Department detectives arrested a 17-year-old boy in connection with the apparent gang-related shooting of a 17-year-old Sacramento boy in Winton. The shooting reportedly occurred because the victim was wearing a red shirt – Norteno gang colors - in a predominantly Surenos territory.

Apr 25, 2002
www.mexica-movement.org
sacramento

Teen shot in head in Winton

Wednesday, July 17, 2002

By Mike De La Cruz

A Sacramento teen-ager suffered a non-life threatening wound to the head Monday in an apparent gang-related shooting in Winton.

Merced County Sheriff's Department detective John Mussotto, who investigated the shooting, said a bullet grazed the teen-ager's skull and he was taken to Doctors Medical Center in Modesto.

Mussotto said the shooting occurred at 5:10 p.m. after the boy, 16, and a 20-year-old Livingston man drove to Winton to visit a friend.

The boy was driving the man's pickup.

They failed to find the friend, but they picked up his 15-year-old brother, and the three drove east on Myrtle Avenue.

As they approached California Street, they saw two Hispanic juveniles by the side of the road, reportedly flashing gang signs.

Mussotto noted that the victim was wearing a red shirt – Norteno gang colors – in predominantly Surenos country where the gang color is blue.

The man asked the teen-ager to stop the truck so he could explain to the juveniles that they were not gang members.

The man got out of the pickup and walked up to the boys. Mussotto said one pulled out a handgun, the man ran off and the shooting victim started to drive off.

The youth with the gun began shooting at the pickup, and three bullets hit the vehicle. One round passed through the rear window and struck the victim in the head, Mussotto said.

Mussotto said the boy kept driving for about a block and a half before pulling off the road and running to a house to notify the sheriff's department.

The name of the victim and the 15-year-old are not being released because of their ages, and the man's name is being withheld because of possible reprisals.

Apr 25, 2002
Re: from merced sun star

WiCkEd said:
Man shot in legs after queries about gang affiliation

Wednesday, October 9, 2002

By Stacey Wiebe

DELHI — A 19-year-old man was shot in his legs Monday night by an unknown assailant who questioned him about gang affiliations before opening fire.

Jose Luis Rodriguez was taken by ambulance to Emanuel Medical Center in Turlock for treatment, and was scheduled for release Monday.

Rodriguez was walking home with a companion near a shopping complex in the 16800 block of Schendel Road, south of Shanks Road, at about 8 p.m., said Deputy Paul Garcia of the Merced County Sheriff's Department.

Rodriguez and his friend were approached by a man described as roughly 5 feet, 6 inches tall and weighing 130 to 140 pounds. The man, dressed in dark blue pants and a black sweater with a hood, had the hood up and over his head.

"When they were confronted by the suspect," Garcia said, "his hands were underneath the front of the sweater."

According to Garcia, the suspect asked the man walking with Rodriguez if he claims gang affiliations. The man said "No."

The suspect then asked Rodriguez if he is a "Chap," or a Norteno gang member who claims northern gang ties and wears red clothing. Sureno, or southern gang members, wear blue clothing.

Rodriguez told the suspect that he also does not claim gang ties. The suspect then asked Rodriguez, who wearing red clothing at the time, why he was "wearing those clothes," Garcia said.

The pair then "called each other out to fight," Garcia said. "He (the suspect) pulled his hands out from underneath the sweater and shot the victim twice."

Two bullets of unknown caliber passed through the victim's left leg. The first round passed through the leg above the knee, and the second passed through the left leg and then the right leg, Garcia said.

The suspect fled, and Rodriguez's friend followed suit but stopped after the suspect took a shot at him.

No shell casings were recovered.

Garcia said the suspect may be responsible for a shooting that took place on Shanks Road about three weeks ago.
THAT'Z MY HOMEBOY J.R^,THE GUY THAT WAS WALKING WITH HIM THAT NIGHT IS MY FAM. GOT SHOT BY A SHOT GUN LAST WEEK FOR THE SAME TYPE OF SHIT.HE HAS ABOUT 300 PELLETZ IN HIS BODY RIGHT NOW,THEY CANT DO SURGERY BECAUSE THE PELLETS ARE IN DANGEROUS AREAZ [HEART,LUNGZ,KIDNEYZ]..HE'Z LUCKY TO BE ALIVE,BUT HIS LIFE WILL NEVER BE THE SAME.HE WILL BE IN THE HOSPITAL A WHILE.DELHI IS THE SMALLEST LIL TOWN.I CANT BELIEVE THIS GANG BULLSHIT IS STARTING TO TAKE PLACE HERE AND IT'Z GETTING ALL MY FOLKZ I GREW UP WITH ='( ~209~

May 30, 2002
To me this whole banging shyt is getting old and fast.. I aint gonna deny that yeah i banged like 12 years ago but i never blasted no one for wearing the wrong fuckin color... thats gay shyt.... that real talk now I just chill wear what ever I wanna wear..no shyt it dont matter to me no more.

Apr 25, 2002
www.mexica-movement.org
i never blasted no one for wearing the wrong fuckin color... thats gay
thats why i posted this shit..i didnt know it went down like that in northern cali..they always say when you come to l.a,watch your colors..but the truth is fools dont even trip off that out here...i think its fucked up people out there got to think twice when putting on a red or blue shirt..

May 30, 2002
Honestly Gangs shyt has gotta way out of hand you gotta think twice about wearing any color like white, brown, black..its like the only ones you can really where are the gay flag colors and even if you where them colors you get labeled so either way you screwed

May 5, 2002
Damn thoze are all some fucked up storiez....I remember last summer I was visiting some family in Sacramento...Me, my cuzin and some of her homeboyz/homegirlz went 2 Marine World in Vallejo... I happened 2 be wearing some beige Dickies and a dark blue t-shirt... 3 Nortenos approched me and asked me where I was from...I wasnt intimidated at all so I said "Central Cali homeboy, Santa Barbara County" then one of them said "So yo're a fuckin scrapa or what??" I said, "Nah homie I'm just visiting my cuz" then theze muthafuckerz asked me if they could peep out my tatz so I showed em... Then tha fat ass one was like "you're lucky were lettin U walk away" I started laughing at theze foolz as they walked away...They looked like high schoolerz & shit lol... Another case of ignorance...

:::gOnE:::