Technical question for rappers, producers and engineers in the bay

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 10, 2009
Whenever you go to the studio, you want options. Working with a good engineer or a mediocre one either way helps TREMENDOUSLY when your music is tracked out. Stereo mixes should only show up at the mastering phase. Besides, if a producer gives u a 2 track stereo mix, then your handcuffed to HIS mix. His compressors, his monitors, his EQ.. etc. Personally, I hate when producers want to sell me tracks that aren't tracked out. Too constricting.

yes

Sicc OG
Feb 9, 2006
A producer Is A All Around Person Its Someone That Can Direct A Beat Create The Idea And Some Times It Doesnt Mean He Actually Sat Down And Played It Himself A Producer Is A Creater Someone Who Creates A Idea And Leads The Direction Weather It Is A Beat Or How Vocals Should Sound!! They Are Basically The Idea Maker And Basically Like The Foreman Of the Track

Dec 28, 2009
as a rapper............... i will not release a song on my "album" unless i have the beat tracked out but i will use it for a "mixtape".

as a producer............ i will (generally) arrange the beat as far as "intro, verse, hook, verse, hook, verse, hook, hook, outro" with breaks and fills placed @ the end of every 8 measures. plus.................. all of my beats are tracked out and are available upon request ;)

as a engineer............. i prefer to have the beat tracked out so that i can arrange and mix the instrumental to better fit the vocals.

thats my recipe................................................................................................................................................