tech scene in the letter to a president

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 26, 2002
they are critical of rich rappers building an image of capitalism and bling bling but they give tech, who's doing something different, 6 seconds on the screen... ok.

i'm about 3/4 way done watching the second half and it doesnt seem to be a documentary about political hip hop, but about the politics of hip hop

either way, it's an interesting watch

Jan 25, 2008
WOW .... talk about lets hate on whitey

racial propaganda

still interesting though when they got off the racial stuff

kinda reminds me of the hip hop police documentary

yes man thats one hting i really disliked about the whole film very one sided racially and another thing that has been bothering me is plies man he is always using that fuckinw ord "cracker" i like his music but that song "100 years" cracker this cracker that kinda annoying what the fuck man as many black people support ya us "crackers" you say we support ya as well sorry for venting but damn!!

Jan 2, 2006
I've heard the song, I am partially white and I do not find anything wrong with him saying "cracker" in the song. I think you should really understand and listen to the lyrics more. But if you are a cracker judge giving a black person life for dropping some soda on the floor, then I guess I'd understand why you don't like it.

And I highly doubt the cracker judges are supporting Plies' cd.

Nov 14, 2002
But if you are a cracker judge giving a black person life for dropping some soda on the floor, then I guess I'd understand why you don't like it.
My judge was white.... I'm white.... And I did time. That doesn't make him a "cracker", that makes him an asshole judge.

Feb 4, 2008
WOW .... talk about lets hate on whitey

racial propaganda
I feel you, man. Even tho i'm black and have a lot of so-called "militant" views on the govt. and such, I can understand why it upsets white folks that aren't on the bullshit mentality of mainstream America. As a fan of hip-hop (= obviously open-minded and not racist) its not really fair for ya'll to have to hear that shit and be faced with it on the frontlines of the racial divide. Hip-hop is supposed to bring us together, str8 up. On the flip-side I hope you understand that in the vast majority of cases black folks ain't thinking about the people who understand and give a damn about the issues that effect poor people of all colors. They ain't talking about the "cool white folks" LOL! (I'm sure ya'll have heard that shit before right?!..). But its still understandable that ya'll would see it as racist. That's just like white folks that'll tell me they love ME as a person to my face, and then go on a tirade about how black people are whiny and bringing down the country. HAHA! And thats a true story. You gotta take everyone individually as they come, thats my motto.
I know this shits mad long already but key points in the video...true shit KRS (10:20), Saigon(12:17) and 11:14 LMAO!

Nov 14, 2002
I feel you, man. Even tho i'm black and have a lot of so-called "militant" views on the govt. and such, I can understand why it upsets white folks that aren't on the bullshit mentality of mainstream America.
Sadly what a lot of people fail to realize, is that the majority of "mainstream America" really isn't that racist. But then again I'm in New York and can't speak for the rest of the country. I don't know a single person who's opinion I have any respect for that is racist, and the two or three people that I can think of that have ever said anything racist in my presence have a worthless point of view 90% of the time.

Old people are straight up racist though, I'll give you that. But yeah, hearing people say shit like that seems to hurt minorities more than help. It puts out the idea (to whites that aren't racist) that minorities would prefer to be discriminated against rather than see what's truly around them just so they have someone to blame when they somehow fail in life, if they do.

I don't know if that makes sense or if it came out right at all, but I'm not sure how I'm to blame for anybody being poor... Shit I've been poor too, and it wasn't because my white neighbor made me that way.

Feb 4, 2008
I don't know if that makes sense or if it came out right at all, but I'm not sure how I'm to blame for anybody being poor... Shit I've been poor too, and it wasn't because my white neighbor made me that way.
I can dig it. Me personally, i'm glad that we're living in a time when people can have open dialogue about these issues so that we can come to some level of understanding eachother. Unfortunately a lot of the shit the comes out of some of these people's mouths is kind of scary. But that's what happens when people go for generations and generations without facing an issue that is as important as race. Oh and by the way, I think NYC might give you a more "global" view of mainstream society than most other places in this country. I've visited for business and pleasure on several occassions and the mix of people ya'll have up there is unreal. You'd have to be a real deal idiot to be racist and survive in NYC, or any other larger city like that. But most of the country isn't that diversified, for real. And i'm an Army Brat, lived all over, so I'm speaking from definite experience!