Tech N9ne @ the Woodies

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 31, 2005
p.o.s. dropped one of the only albums in the last 5 years that I would consider to nearly perfect from beginning to end, and has gotten so many repeat plays from me

never better, KOD, street hop, and man on the moon were hip hop to me in 2009, almost every other release was a disappointment from hov to slaughter house

and the term emo is thrown around way too much, emo is a genre of punk, their fans are little whiny bitches who wear eye liner and tight pants and think its cool to talk about cutting themselves

somehow music that is emotional is now categorized as emo, when really all music can be broken down into pop or conscious since people like to label everything. if an artist is making music with no emotion i have no desire to listen to it outside of being at the club

May 1, 2009
Its not part of punk though. Punk has its own genres. Some examples Ska Punk, Hardcore Punk, Street Punk, Skate Punk.

Punk may have some influence on emo but not really. If you look at the good punk bands that have the real punk sound it sounds nothing like emo and not the pop punk aka Blink 182, Sum 41, New found Glory, Good Charlotte which is like emo.

May 2, 2007
www.wevegotthejazz.com
Its not part of punk though. Punk has its own genres. Some examples Ska Punk, Hardcore Punk, Street Punk, Skate Punk.

Punk may have some influence on emo but not really. If you look at the good punk bands that have the real punk sound it sounds nothing like emo and not the pop punk aka Blink 182, Sum 41, New found Glory, Good Charlotte which is like emo.
If Hardcore Punk is a subgenre of Punk, and Emotive Hardcore is a subgenre of Hardcore Punk, then it's part of the Punk family....

May 1, 2009
Blink 182 was the shit and sum 41. whatever music they are
There not emo but they are the bands that are like pop punk that sometimes sound emo. If you took some of there music and compared it to some of an emos bands music i bet you they sound somewhat similar. Its not negative or bad at all its just what it is.

Nov 14, 2002
Blink 182 was the shit and sum 41. whatever music they are
Could you be more of a fag?

Please tell me you're female. Then I will understand.

BTW, pop-punk pretty much started "emo"... at least "opened the doors for" emo.

If Hardcore Punk is a subgenre of Punk, and Emotive Hardcore is a subgenre of Hardcore Punk, then it's part of the Punk family....
If you know the first thing about punk, then you know that ALL fucking punk is fucking hardcore, and if it's not, then it's not fucking punk. You can sig that. Keep stompin, Doc!

May 1, 2009
I guess your kinda right. There kinda related or like distant relatives lol. But if you listen to some Sick of it all, Agnostic Front, Pennywise, Bad Religion, Black Flag and then listen to an emo band you will probably get what im saying somwhat.

May 2, 2007
www.wevegotthejazz.com
If you know the first thing about punk, then you know that ALL fucking punk is fucking hardcore, and if it's not, then it's not fucking punk. You can sig that. Keep stompin, Doc!
Maybe it's hardcore-er? Haha.
Either way, it's considered a sub-genre.

Yeah I guess your right. There kinda related or like distant relatives lol. But if you listen to some Sick of It All, Madball, Agnostic Front, Bad Religion and then listen to an emo band you will probably get what im saying somwhat.
I understand that you're saying a lot of it sounds NOTHING alike.
But it would still be considered a sub-genre. Or a sub-sub-genre, I guess.

I will say, though, I hate sub-genres. Even some regular genres. Some of the shit they make up is rediculous.

May 1, 2009
I dont know how we got into all this but anyway from the stuff I heard from P.O.S. I like and think is dope. He is considered alternative hip hop. Thats kinda dumb of people think its emo rap because its not hardcore/gangsta/party rap. If it is actually emo rap its not like it has anything to do with the emo rock sound and culture. Plus wasnt P.O.S. in a punk rock band and not an emo band. I heard he was going to ago on tour with Bad Brains who kick ass.

May 2, 2007
www.wevegotthejazz.com
I dont know how we got into all this but anyway from the stuff I heard from P.O.S. I like and think is dope. He is considered alternative hip hop. Thats kinda dumb of people think its emo rap because its not hardcore/gangsta/party rap. If it is actually emo rap its not like it has anything to do with the emo rock sound and culture. Plus wasnt P.O.S. in a punk rock band and not an emo band. I heard he was going to ago on tour with Bad Brains who kick ass.
Yeah, he's in his group "Building Better Bombs".