Tech N9ne on MTV Blog

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 4, 2008
Tech N9ne Welcomes You To The Midwest

Tech N9ne's new live DVD: K.O.D. Tour Live in Kansas City comes out today, head here to get your copy. Check out the video below for a sneak peek!

Welcome To The Midwest: This is a very important song in Hip Hop to me because it fuses Rat Pack style music with Hip Hop. The reason why I think that’s important is because Hip Hop is supposed to grow and inspire the young to do something even better. I’ve never heard Rat Pack style music fused with Hip Hop, so it’s real creative and that’s what I think Hip Hop is about – doing something creative and new.

Leave Me Alone: This song is close to my heart because the whole K.O.D. album was put together because of my mom’s illness. So at that time I wanted all negativity away from me – people saying I should change my style to appeal to this type of audience, and didn’t want to hear any of that, relationship drama – all that was trivial to me at that time. So, with my mom being sick and being the main thing on my mind – the one thing I cared about – I wanted everything else, all of the other negative things and people to leave me alone. And here’s the song…Leave Me Alone.
The reason I think touring is important and why we tour so much is because, I, Tech N9ne, want to be the Hip Hop president. And to be the Hip Hop president you have to get out there and politic. How do we politic at Strange Music? Hire street teams to put up snipes everywhere. Constant touring - even in places where they don’t know my name - that’s how you win a presidency. Touring is me trying to be elected the Hip Hop president. I’m trying to have this all over the world – globally. So that’s why touring is so important to me – cause this needs to be something the entire globe feels and touring works for me because it’s growing like a forest fire, day-by-day.

I have tour routines – I sit at the back of the bus and I listen to calm music. I know that sounds funny, but I listen to calm, real relaxing music - because my show is super energetic. So I conserve all my energy with this music – it calms me down before I go psycho on stage and I love it. Music like Floetry, Gnarls Barkley, etc. – it calms my soul before I explode.

The reason why it’s important the audience is involved in our shows is because their energy gives us more energy – the louder they yell, the harder we come energetically. Old school Hip Hoppers like Run DMC, BDP, LL Cool J, Busy B, etc. taught me how to keep the crowd involved throughout the show. I’m an old school Hip Hop head so I’m glad I have those teachers to show me how to keep the crowd engaged thru a 1 hour and 45 minute show HA HA HA! That’s hard to do, but not for me, for those other cats!

I want to say to everybody that’s reading this – Celebrate Life! Tell the people you love that you love them, even if you don’t like them, because people are trying to blow this place up over money. In the words of the late great Jim Morrison, “I know one thing, man, I’m gonna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames”.

~Tech N9ne!

http://blog.mtvmusic.com/2010/05/18/tech-n9ne-welcomes-you-to-the-midwest/

Sicc OG
Oct 4, 2002
Cool that they added those 2 clips from the dvd. A nice little tease while I wait from my pre order to arrive.