Tech article....

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 22, 2007
http://alibi.com/index.php?story=29446&scn=music

Tech N9ne
Tears of a clown
By Kyle Eustice

A murder of crows can’t out-creep Tech N9ne.

Rarely do face paint and hardcore rap seamlessly fit together, but for Kansas City’s Tech N9ne, it’s been his steez for the past two decades. The self-proclaimed “weirdo rapper” deals in fallen angels and other dark material that places him worlds apart from other MCs. It’s not all about bling, bitches or Bentleys—he rhymes like he’s narrating a horror film. Tech’s style murders the competition by combining wicked, tricky wordplay, melodic hooks and incredibly speedy rap. But the most impressive thing about Tech N9ne isn’t his music—it’s his work ethic.

“I’ve been dicked around so many times by major labels for years. I’ve been through a lot of record deals and nobody could do what I wanted,” Tech says. “Who better to do you than you?”

Withstanding the rap industry’s immense pressure to sign with a major label, he decided to keep it local and started the Strange Music label. Run by Tech and manager Travis O’Guin, Strange Music has put out seven Tech N9ne albums to date. In September 2008, sales crossed the 1 million mark without the aid of bigwigs (and their big money), video or radio.

“I had no idea the negative energy would effect me like it did. I was deep in a hole. ... I’ll never make an album like this again.”

Tech N9ne

“We can do it better than anybody,” Tech says. “Even with my clown face painted and everybody calling me crazy, I would still be No. 1 if I had all those executives backing me. But until we play their game, we’re going to continue blowing this underground up.”

If Tech N9ne’s Rock the Bells performance in Colorado this August was any indication of his intentions to keep being the king of the underground’s darkest reaches, then all hail Tech. His energy, along with fellow MCs Krizz Kaliko and Kutt Calhoun, was so infectious that it ricocheted throughout the entire crowd until people were jumping out of their seats. From “Einstein” to “Caribou Lou,” Tech kept the momentum going by balancing old classics and new singles.

Tech live

K.O.D., Tech’s sixth solo album, is slated for release on Oct. 27. It contains some of his most sinister material to date, which he says he really struggled with both during and after the recording process.

“This album is different because on past releases, there were only sections of darkness. This one is completely dark,” he says. “I had no idea the negative energy would effect me like it did. I was deep in a hole. It had me sulking and falling out with everybody around me.”

While the music is beautifully composed, the ominous nature of each track is painfully clear. The bulk of the lyrics touch on his mother’s illness, spiritual doubt and a constant internal struggle with his own demons.

“I made a mistake. I’ll never make an album like this again,” he confesses. “On the next one, I’m going to try to keep it light.”

In the meantime, Tech is rolling three-tour-buses-deep in support of K.O.D. Label mates Slaughterhouse, Stevie Stone and newest addition Big Scoob have joined the entourage.

“When I go to these smalls towns and nobody knows who I am, that’s when I feel like I still have a lot of work to do,” he says. “My goal is to get my music to the rest of the world. I will tread every piece of this earth until I do it.”

I wonder what he means when he says "I made a mistake"....

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
^ That's parallel to the line he says in "Low"...paraphrasing "The industry's door is wide open and all I feel is LOW".

He's in the perfect place after RTB to achieve that worldwide success, but the album's attitude and overall sound have been and are going to further stray him away from walking through that door.

It's already been happening, which is his allusion to making a mistake.

Apr 18, 2008
NOT A MISTAKE lol love the album but i no what you mean, RTB should of made sure he had loads of new fans to cop this new album and they maystill do so but they mite think KOD is a bit too much ....

Jan 11, 2006
www.myspace.com
you found this on therealtechn9ne.com right?

i noticed it, and was sceptical over it...

i'm sure theres a lot of things on techs mind right now.

one shouldn't be worrying about K.O.D. at all...
we've all got times in our lives where things dont go together as we'd like them to.
for him to even push out all this emotion at once..
its amazing to me he's still rockin shows two albums after he wanted to quit "thought about quitting"

dude just spilled his heart, even if its all about evil shit, its still as real as they come.
"thats why i roll with him, hes my favorite rapper."

http://alibi.com/index.php?story=29446&scn=music

I wonder what he means when he says "I made a mistake"....
I'm sure it was an accident ha-ha-ha-ooOOoooOOooo

Dec 10, 2008
im pretty sure he meant puttin hisself in such a hole it consumed his happiness trying to make a full album dark. that was his mistake. he said it made him sulk n fall out with people around him. not that it was holding him back in anyway. he was just really down n out for the time being tryin to write n thats never a good feelin.

Jan 11, 2006
www.myspace.com
I feel its good to express yourself rather than hold everything back.

Even if it shows we're peices of shit, its real and the truth.

If bringing pain to oneman brang a smile or anything rather than anger,
I'm pretty sure that oneman is somewhat of a saviour to us.

Tech's music is my outlet when I cannot express what i'm feeling.
Low, Killing you, Pinocchiho, and Leave me alone are constantly being played due to howmuch of effect they've got on me...

All i'm saying is, if techs pain brought us closer the light, shit was worth it... pain goes away, god doesn't.

Edit: and it doesn't hurt to know you're not alone with these emotions.