Teach hooked it up!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 26, 2002
I just got a really good deal on a Pre-amp and Compressor Limiter. I had a Session at the school's Studio, and saw some gear that wasn't bein' used. so I just emailed the teacher to see if he'd consider sellin' it. I swooped on a DBX 166A Compreesor/Limiter and a ART Pro MPA Dual Channel Tube Pre.
So far I'm diggin' the ART's Sound, I haven't had a Chance to fully fuck with the DBX yet. $400 for both. Not bad at all.

and I know someone's gonna say, "Man you should get something better". But that was a deal I couldn't pass up, and Anything would be an improvement over nothing.

BIG J

Sicc OG
Apr 26, 2002
Right now I'm In Music 35, which is an Honors Class. Basically All I have to do is use their Studio , Mix some songs and turn it in at the end of the quarter. It's a Junior College that offers a Commercial Music Program. After this last class I get a Certificate, it's not gonna get me a job, but it's a start. But I took all the Music Business Classes, MIDI classes(they use Cubase).
They have a series of Recording arts classes, 2 of them are dedicated to Pro Tools. I also Took a piano class. The Director(who Hooked me up) Is gonna use the money to buy an MBOX.
He said that in order for the school to offer Pro Tools Certification they have tohave the TDM System and 3 Digi 001's or MBOX's
The classes are super easy, well I guess it seems easy cuz I'm very interested in it, unlike Math, English Etc. Where you have to learn shit you don't want to learn

Jun 2, 2002
www.myspace.com
BIG J said:
Right now I'm In Music 35, which is an Honors Class. Basically All I have to do is use their Studio , Mix some songs and turn it in at the end of the quarter. It's a Junior College that offers a Commercial Music Program. After this last class I get a Certificate, it's not gonna get me a job, but it's a start. But I took all the Music Business Classes, MIDI classes(they use Cubase).
They have a series of Recording arts classes, 2 of them are dedicated to Pro Tools. I also Took a piano class. The Director(who Hooked me up) Is gonna use the money to buy an MBOX.
He said that in order for the school to offer Pro Tools Certification they have tohave the TDM System and 3 Digi 001's or MBOX's
The classes are super easy, well I guess it seems easy cuz I'm very interested in it, unlike Math, English Etc. Where you have to learn shit you don't want to learn
Tight, sounds cool.