Tattoos: About getting one..

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 28, 2004
My birthday is on the 30th and my friends decided to take me out to get a tattoo. It'll be my first one and I've been sketching and doodling up what I want. They're willing to pay half of it as a gift, so we've got like $200 all together for it. I'm thinking of a little fox on my shoulder blade. I'm not much into tribal bands or symbols really. It was either that or a little upside down cross/pentagram dripping blood with " I <3 Satan " written above it, with flames and stuff. (JK) My room mate thinks I should get a rose on my ankle but that seems sort of ordinary... I was considering getting a cute little bat. However, I can't get anything *too* visible because of my job. Anything I get, if I do, has to be hidden under clothing.

I've actually been trying to find websites online with images of tattoos. I'm still undecided if I even want one. I'm afraid I am going to regret it. I've been drawing tattoo designs for friends for years, but I've never had the balls to get one myself.

When you go to get one, do you just go to a parlor or do you do research first? I'm afraid of how much it's going to hurt.

Sep 28, 2004
^^ Haha, brilliant. Though you may have trouble finding someone to do it. You could it yourself, worst case scenario..

But I suspect getting your peewee drilled into by a needle might hurt a little.

May 14, 2002
I got my 'Dutch Priest' on my right arm.. It didn't hurt and it was a 10 minute idea of me and a friend of mine (he also got it)

But if I get another one I want my dad to draw it , because he can draw really good and this way it's really personal aswell.. and then I would do some research on which parlers are good and which are crappy because you get that tatt. for life and I don't want anyone messing my bodie up.

Dec 11, 2002
... the rose on the ankle was my first one... I dont regret getting it.. it just doesnt mean what my others mean to me..

Jan 28, 2005
Yo, make sure you do your research on the parlor/artist. I made the mistake of just going to the closest shop when I turned 18. The design is nice, but you can tell he did something wrong because it is lumped up and you can feel the tattoo. Make sure you get something that you know that you can live with for the rest of your life.

Jul 7, 2002
www.myspace.com
crazy707 said:
Yo, make sure you do your research on the parlor/artist. I made the mistake of just going to the closest shop when I turned 18. The design is nice, but you can tell he did something wrong because it is lumped up and you can feel the tattoo. Make sure you get something that you know that you can live with for the rest of your life.
Most inexperienced artists are known for that. When you can "feel" the tat it means they went too deep with the needle.

Dec 11, 2002
JSteez said:
Most inexperienced artists are known for that. When you can "feel" the tat it means they went too deep with the needle.

My nickname on my upper back is like that.. especially when I get hot....