Taste of Chaos 2006

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 18, 2003
Who is going to be present at this tour? We already have our tickets for the Sacramento show, March 29th at Arco.

In case you have been in a Coma, here are the bands:

Thursday, Silverstein, Thrice, Atreyu, Deftones, Story of the Year, Funeral for a Friend, As I lay Dying..

And over 10 more other bands!

Here are the stops in California:

3/27 Fresno, CA Selland Arena
3/28 San Jose, CA SJSU Events Center
3/29 Sacramento, CA Arco
3/30 Los Angeles, CA Long Beach Sports Arena/ LA Sports Arena

Unfortunatley TBS won't be playing this year, but they said they have a suprise band, someone big.

Official Site: http://www.tasteofchaos.com/

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
I'm going to the April 4th show at the Everett Event Center in Washington. I am really looking forward to seeing Deftones (for like the 4th time lol) and Thursday (for the first time.) Thrice and Dredg are pretty good bands...but besides those four I personally really don't care for the other bands that much.

Should be a great time though.

Nuttkace

May 16, 2002
ill be at the sacramento one too. i love SOTY live ... they put on a tight show... and of course the deftones are always a great show too.

Mar 18, 2003
Shit I'm looking forward to seeing just about all the bands I listed!

Smuggla: What do you think of their (soty) new album? It's pretty good in my opinion, for some reason I sense this 80's feel to it by the way some of the guitar is played and how the high pitched vocals come in on some of the songs. The new one is more consistantly hard with less pop to it.

May 16, 2002
it took a little while, but i love it now... i totally feel that 80s vibe. they have that old school metal feel to it throughout the album especially with the two guitars harmonizing on lead parts. i really like how versatile they are. i remember the first time i saw SOTY at the Crest theatre when they were called Big Blue Monkey and they had a heavy deftone feel to them. they are definitly one of my fav. bands.

It really is too bad that TBS isnt gonna be there because i woulda loved to wear my Brand New shirt: "because mics are for singing not swinging." haha.

Mar 18, 2003
Is that an old shirt? Cause John Nolan left the band and from what I know he was the only part of TBS that Jesse Lacey didn't like, or downright hated. It's probably made by some indie clothing line or some shit. In any case, yeah I haven't seen TBS live but I know what he does with his mic. I was reading up on this board somewhere and some dude said he saw Lazzara wrap the cord around one of the security guards neck and say "I'll fucking kill you if you touch another one of our fans". HahaHA

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
Receiving End of Sirens will steal the entire show, guaranteed.
For those going, please make it a priority to see them, you won't be disappointed.

And @ Nitro. The whole thing with TBS vs. Brand New was that Jesse was supposed to be lead/backup vocals, sharing with Adam. Then they dropped him from the band and took John as a backup singer instead. Then Adam fucked Michelle Nolan, John's sister aka the finest woman on the planet, so John left the band and took the bassist guy (cant think of his name) with him to make Straylight Run. Then they squashed the whole thing because Brand New became so successful.

Mar 18, 2003
I'm not gonna tell you your wrong, because your damn near on line, but I am positive that it goes as so: Jesse was a part of the band before they even had a demo, but eventually went his own way. He remained close friends with the band, especially with John Nolan who was his best friend. John Nolan then fucked Jesse's girlfriend which sparked a fued between the two. Jesse Lacey [Brand New] then made a sond (seventy times 7) towards John [Taking Back Sunday], and John (more like Adam) made a song towards Jesse (Theres no "I" in team), no telling which came first. In the meanwhile Adam was DATING John Nolans sister, Michelle Nolan. As they were constantly touring, Adam eventually started fucking some other broad and John knew well about it. Shit went down, John Nolan and Shaun Cooper left the band and formed Straylight Run, who I think made a song towards Adam. Straylight Run is actually pretty good not to mention.

What you said is NOT wrong.. But John Nolan and Adam Lazzara were together on TAYF and they made "Theres No "I" in Team" together, directed towards Jesse Lacey of Brand New, on behalf of John. Now John Nolan is not on "Where You Want to Be", thus there should remain no dirrerence between Brand New and TBS.

Check all the sources you can and I'm positive this is how everything happened.

People might be reading this thinking how retarded it is, but it's all real life shit ya know, HahHA, yeah..

PS: Yes Michelle Nolan is fine as fuck.. I'm trying to find a picture to put in this thread..

May 16, 2002
jesse was the origional bassist for TBS. the story is pretty much on. john and jesse are cool again. but there still is tension with adam ... hence brand new still selling the shirt on their web page. and yeah i got it a while back but id assume that they would stop selling it if they really squashed it.