tascam 2488 to PC help

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 27, 2002
Got someone trying to hook his tascamm 2488 to a pc....then import beats from pc(wav files,sound by sound,track by track) into his 2488....
Anyone?

so far he can only import a whole song/ mp3 or wav as 1 track, thru the cd-drive on the unit...basically he'd like to be able to break the beat down on the 2488 instead of on the pc....simply by hittin the track button to drop out the selected sound...

????

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
1. What computer program is he using?

2. Does the tascam import 16 BIT or 24 BIT files?

3. If it were me I would sequence/arrange within the computer.

4. What type of sound card is he using?

Got someone trying to hook his tascamm 2488 to a pc....then import beats from pc(wav files,sound by sound,track by track) into his 2488....
Anyone?
Several ways you can do this, but the best way would be EXPORTING each individual track (keep it at 24 bit resolution), back all the tracks on cd (remember all the tracks should be seperate), and import them one by one or import multiple files (if the machine allows multiple files to be imported at ONE time.)

If the tracks are already sequenced/arranged make sure ALL the tracks have the same START time.

Method #2 would be to sync the pc and the tascam via midi (MIDI OUT OF PC TO MIDI IN OF TASCAM. MIDI OUT OF TASCAM TO MIDI IN OF PC AND SET THE TASCAM TO MASTER) and RECORD the music into the tascam that way.

so far he can only import a whole song/ mp3 or wav as 1 track, thru the cd-drive on the unit...basically he'd like to be able to break the beat down on the 2488 instead of on the pc....simply by hittin the track button to drop out the selected sound...
Your average cd holds 750mb of data and can hold a shitload of wav files. EXPORT each track individually (make sure they ALL have the same start time) and import them one at a time to the same SONG/PROJECT. If the tascam does NOT allow you to import multiple files (even if you are doing it one at a time) to the same song/project you need to do #2.

Jun 27, 2002
yeah that basically what i told him....i guess his unit only allow importing 1 file at a time...so out goes that idea....

i told him just run it through live using the headphones jack and such...but timing was an issue i guess

so if the sounds are wav files on the pc...can you use midi to import em ?

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
yeah that basically what i told him....i guess his unit only allow importing 1 file at a time...so out goes that idea....
You can do it if the machine allows him to import multiple files to the same song/project. If it allows him to do it one at a time thats ok. Its time consuming but it works. If the machine does NOT allow him to import more than one track to the song/project he is finished.

i told him just run it through live using the headphones jack and such...but timing was an issue i guess
Where is the MUSIC coming from? Did he make the music with a keyboard or within the computer?

so if the sounds are wav files on the pc...can you use midi to import em ?
You can use midi to sync the two machines and re-record the music from the pc into the tascam.

EDIT: When I made my edit in the previous post you already made your post.