Taken (2008)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

NAMO

Sicc OG
Apr 11, 2009
bit late on this one, but its a great film, Liam Neeson is fantastic in this movie, very realistic acting.

Taken is a 2008 action thriller film starring Liam Neeson, Famke Janssen, and Maggie Grace. It is based on a script by Luc Besson and Robert Mark Kamen and was directed by Pierre Morel. Neeson plays a former Central Intelligence Agency paramilitary operative who sets about tracking down his teenage daughter after she is kidnapped by slave traders while traveling in Europe.

I'm sure most of you have seen this, but if you havn't and want a good thriller this is a must. Great fight scenes and Liam Neeson makes this film and suits the role he portrays.

8/10

Apr 25, 2002
That movie was heavy weight weak. I don’t know how it ever got popular(probably because it is PG13).

They released the film over seas country by country and only released it in the U.S. much later.

It is the same thing they did with 88 minutes. (no coincidence the formula applies - once considered great actor takes on a movie that should be beneath them for a large check and proves why they are no longer considered great).

It is just a step above going straight to DVD.

*SPOILER*

It could have won back some points with me if at the end of the movie when he delivers his daughter back at the airport and they are getting into the car and he says to the mom I'll take a cab.

What should have happened was some guy walk up next to him and say "Cabs are so expensive in this town. Want to share one?" And then they shove him into a car off to take revenge on him.

Instead we get this lovey happy sappy ending.

**End Spoiler**

If they’d have done that and gone with an R rating instead of PG-13 it would have had a better chance of being tolerable. Instead . . .

I give it a 1 out of 5

HIM

Sicc OG
Sep 27, 2002
Taken was the bizness, but although he was an expert, any one man doin all that s--t would have gotten touched...he never really had competition...

Oct 24, 2002
www.beekc.com
i thought it was a great movie. Everyone i know liked the shit out of it.

When he was on the phone with the guy and said "I dont have money but what i do have is a particular set of skills. I will find you and i will kill you."

That shit gave me chills.

I loved it.

HIM

Sicc OG
Sep 27, 2002
i thought it was a great movie. Everyone i know liked the shit out of it.

When he was on the phone with the guy and said "I dont have money but what i do have is a particular set of skills. I will find you and i will kill you."

That shit gave me chills.

I loved it.

Probably the hardest line in the movie...

Dec 7, 2005
I WASNT EXPECTING MUCH FROM THIS MOVIE, I WASNT TRYING TO WATCH AN OVER THE HILL JASON BOURNE, BUT IT TURNED OUT TO BE BAD ASS. I WATCHED IT WITH A BUNCH OF PEOPLE AND ONCE IT WAS OVER EVERYBODY WAS TALKING ABOUT HOW SICK THIS AND THAT PART WAS, USUALLY MOVIES GET AN " EHHH, I THOUGHT IT WAS GOING TO BE BETTER" OR "THAT SHIT FUCKIN SUCKED" FROM EVERYONE I KNOW

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
It's kind of like the Bourne movies except with an old guy and a played out storyline of getting back your kidnapped kid all by yourself because you are an extreme badass. The whole time I watched the movie I kept thinking to myself "I've seen this before, a few times."

Oh, and unlike Taken the Bourne series are actually good.

NAMO

Sicc OG
Apr 11, 2009
^^damn some of you expect master pieces with every movie released lol

this movie was cool/kick ass, glad most of you enjoyed it.

yes the bitches run was gumpy as hell that had me laughing, but the best bit was when he fucked up them albanians...

Dec 26, 2004
Its been awhile since I seen this. In some degree I really think this is a kick ass movie but not the best, but did it kinda quick N to the point of the story. I really didnt like the end of the movie with the airport/cab scene, I thought someone was going to come up N pop him off.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
^^damn some of you expect master pieces with every movie released lol
Not really. I do like something new and fresh that hasn't already been done 25+ times in the last three decades though. "Taken" gets released once every couple of years in one form or another. Either a kid is kidnapped and the badass dad has to rescue her/him with little or no help from anyone else or their kid is killed and the badass dad is going to find out what happened and make everyone pay for it. I mean, it's just been done countless times before and this film didn't bring anything new to the table for those types of movies.

Infact another one of these movies come out this Friday...

Nov 7, 2002
Actually in the EDGE of DARKNESS, his daughter gets killed and after, he goes nuts and uncovers some government conspiracy.

They did cover the subject in other movies before but TAKEN was real dope and Liam Neeson was at the top of his game.