T.I. Sentenced To Three Years

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

caff

Sicc OG
May 10, 2002
T.I. was sentenced to three years in prison today (April 21) for violating his probation. The Atlanta based rapper turned himself in to authorities on March 30, due to what he described as numerous warrants.

"Sometimes the past comes back to haunt you, you just gotta deal with those skeletons in your closet," the rapper told a Florida radio station last month. "I been hearing a lot of nonsense as far as a cat having bodies and it ain't really like that.

In the same interview he said that he was not expecting to do anytime, but revealed that he had several albums ready to be released from his Grand Hustle label, should he have to do time.

Now he must serve at least one year and will be eligible for a work release program. T.I. was on probation for drug violations and giving false information.

T.I. is currently riding the charts with his single "Rubber Band Man," taken from his critically acclaimed album Trap Muzik.

Aug 31, 2003
www.ebay.com
here's a bit of a longer one with a bit more info ..

Rapper T.I. was sentenced Wednesday to three years in prison for violating the terms of his probation. After serving a minimum of one year, T.I. can apply for a work-release program, according to the county clerk's office in Cobb County, Georgia.

An arrest warrant for T.I., whose real name is Clifford Harris, was issued on December 29, ordering a revocation of his probation. He turned himself in to county officials on March 30 and had been in custody ever since (see "T.I. Hasn't Been Hiding Out Lately — He's Been In Jail").

His lawyers appeared in Cobb County Superior Court Wednesday and signed a consent order with prosecutors that essentially stipulated T.I. should be sentenced immediately, thus avoiding the need for a formal hearing.

T.I. was on probation stemming from a 1998 conviction for violating a state controlled substances act and for giving false information. After being released on probation, he earned a litany of probation violations in several counties around Georgia for offenses ranging from possession of a firearm to possession of marijuana.

The setback comes just as T.I. was starting to earn widespread recognition with his second album, Trap Muzik, and its hit single, "Rubber Band Man."

A spokesperson for T.I. was not available for comment.

taken from http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1486501/20040421/t_i_.jhtml?headlines=true

Feb 8, 2003
FREE T.I.

The system is a bitch they priorities are fucked up, These funky muthafuckas give out long sentences for minor shit. We have Rapist and murderers that walks free after a couple years.

May 3, 2002
I got this from the New South Movement board.. a guy that runs Paul Wall's (DJ for T.I.) site posted this:

"T.I. is not on lock for 3 years. He will be released friday on work release, where he'll be put during the day but he got to turn himself in at night. That should go on for about 4 months, then he good to go!!" -Paul Wall