T.I. And Killer Mike Join Anti-Violence Campaign

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 31, 2008
Former United Nations ambassador, Atlanta mayor and Civil Rights leader Andrew Young premiered his anti-gun violence documentary Walking With Guns Sunday night. The hour-long film features extensive footage of T.I. [click to read] touring a New York hospital and speaking with patients paralyzed by gang violence. Young reached out to T.I. after the chart-topping emcee was arrested on multiple weapon possession charges last year [click to read].

"Some of my colleagues are disappointed with me taking this young man in," the 72-year-old Young told a crowd of 400 present for the screening. "But sometimes us old folks have to shut up and listen to the young folks to understand where they are coming from."

In efforts to promote the documentary and better connect with young people, Young held a screening of the documentary at Atlanta's Woodruff Art Center. After the screening, Young, Killer Mike [click to read], and T.I. took questions from the audience and participated in a round table discussion.

"Hindsight is always 20, 20," T.I. told the crowd, before explaining his own arrest. "I think where I went wrong was, I saw all of the crimes being committed over the summer. All of the guys from New Orleans were coming through the city and having their way with certain people. In addition to that, I had the experience of [Philant Johnson] dying in 2006, and no arrests were made until four months ago. No rapper has ever gotten killed and the crime has been solved. I'm looking at the history and thinking, 'I'm the easiest person to kill.' So, I took another approach, which I greatly regret. I can't excuse my actions. All I can do is try to explain them."

Young says he now considers T.I. a friend, and went so far as to help him promote Paper Trail [click to read] on his personal Web site. He adds that his motivation for his gun violence campaign is inspired by witnessing the assassination of his mentor, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Walking With Guns will be syndicated, and the documentary is available in over 100 markets. For a list of dates and times, as well as your local affiliate, visit www.andrewyoung.org.
Source: http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.7973/title.t-i-and-killer-mike-join-anti-violence-campaign

Jan 9, 2007
ALL YALL BULLLSHIT NIGGAZ LIKE GOOD LOOK. CUZZ YALL ANT NO STREET NIGGAZ FOR REAL. WHEN YOU IN THE STREET YOU TAKE THE BITTER WIT THE SWEET, DONT TELL ON NOBODY. DAT ANT REAL. A FUCCIN NATION OF SNITCHES. FUCC T.I AND WHO EVER DOWN WIT HIM. COLEONE OKLAHOMA CITY ASK BOUT ME.

May 2, 2007
www.wevegotthejazz.com
^ Shut Up.

Anyways, this is good shit. Especially for the youth.

PM From Coleone Titled "BITCH NIGGAZ" said:
SO WHAT YOU DO IZ TEACH THE YOUTH TO TELL, WHEN THEY MAKE BAD DECISIONS AND NOT TO DEAL WITH THE CONSEQUENCES OF THAT DECISION? REAL SHIT
No. You teach them not to be ignorant and not get themselves into that situation.
Which, I'm sure, is what the whole Campaign is about.

May 15, 2002
ALL YALL BULLLSHIT NIGGAZ LIKE GOOD LOOK. CUZZ YALL ANT NO STREET NIGGAZ FOR REAL. WHEN YOU IN THE STREET YOU TAKE THE BITTER WIT THE SWEET, DONT TELL ON NOBODY. DAT ANT REAL. A FUCCIN NATION OF SNITCHES. FUCC T.I AND WHO EVER DOWN WIT HIM. COLEONE OKLAHOMA CITY ASK BOUT ME.
Naw dude, you're the one who's not street.
Anyone who was TRULY street wouldn't encourage young people to get involved in that kind of lifestyle. Most of them would do just what T.I and Killer Mike are doing...if they were REAL. It's lames like you that keep this cycle of senseless violence going. All because you want to prove that you can "keep it real." It's not about telling on people or any of that nonsense that you're speaking. You're trying way too hard and it's showing through this ignorant respons. Nigga you live in Oklahoma City, how street can yall really be out there?
Were you a "street nigga" before you bought your first rap CD?

....and dont fucking PM me, stalk & message me on myspace or anything just because you're bitter/angry over what I'm telling you.

Jan 9, 2007
I HOPE YOU DO COME TOUR COME OKLILLAHOMA CITY. NIGGAZ WILL WACC YO ASS ON STAGE THEN THE WHOLE CROWED WILL SEA WHAT YOU THANKIN TALKIN DOWN ON THA O CITY.

Jan 9, 2007
Quit pming me curlyone or whatever the fuck your name is and get a life. you doing too mucH

Also for the record I dont want to ask about you bc I dont give a fuck about yoU. shouldnt you go log off and play in the streets since you so hardcore.
NEVER SAID I WUZ HARDCORE I JUST LIVE THIZ SHIT WHAT YOU SEE ON TV AND HEAR ON YO CDZ CUZZ WE DONT FUCC WIT THE POLICE. STREET JUSTICE GET UP ON IT OR STAY ON YOUR COMPUTER WHITE BOY

Jan 9, 2007
Naw dude, you're the one who's not street.
Anyone who was TRULY street wouldn't encourage young people to get involved in that kind of lifestyle. Most of them would do just what T.I and Killer Mike are doing...if they were REAL. It's lames like you that keep this cycle of senseless violence going. All because you want to prove that you can "keep it real." It's not about telling on people or any of that nonsense that you're speaking. You're trying way too hard and it's showing through this ignorant respons. Nigga you live in Oklahoma City, how street can yall really be out there?
Were you a "street nigga" before you bought your first rap CD?

....and dont fucking PM me, stalk & message me on myspace or anything just because you're bitter/angry over what I'm telling you.
AINT ATL THE FAG CAPITAL? WEAK ASS RAPPER YOU SHO TALK ABOUT A LOT OF VIOLENCE 4 A PEACE KEEPIN DUDE HOW MANY PEOPLE DID YOU KILL IN YO SONG? CUT IT OUT BOOTY BUSTER. {RIP} PIMP-C SQUARED YALL NIGGA OFF ATL ANT THE SOUF

Feb 8, 2003
NEVER SAID I WUZ HARDCORE I JUST LIVE THIZ SHIT WHAT YOU SEE ON TV AND HEAR ON YO CDZ CUZZ WE DONT FUCC WIT THE POLICE. STREET JUSTICE GET UP ON IT OR STAY ON YOUR COMPUTER WHITE BOY

Actually Im Black. Your the Redneck honkytonk man muthafucka stuck in 1995 cornfield ass boy. The only streets you ever busted in was on the SAINT ROWS 2 & GrandTHeft Auto 4 video games. .

Now take you peanut head ass somewhere else with your negative shit.

Catch up with you kind weak ass boy bc all your credit on here just been taken away.

All you are is a old siccness member with a new screen name bc how would you know if anyone in this thread rap or whatever I think you that cat on here who used to post as suspect.