t-1 about studio

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 25, 2003
Quote:
Originally posted by GAME INSANE
#1..What type of production equiptment you got in the lab?

Ex. Triton, Mo Phatt, Trinity, etc.

#2..What recording equiptment do you have?

Ex. Adat, Protools, etc.

RAGINHOMOSEXUAL:

just outta curiousity whats boiling in the game insane lab i know you fuck with alotta e-mu but you never really say which equipment for what....

if you dont wanna answer sall good

- yer friendly neighborhood homosexual

GAME INSANE
Shoot this enquiry on the GI forum, and Ill lace you up wit all of it.

so whats the run down on the setup? i know this was posted before but maja just gave the "kareoke machines and radio shack mics" answer lmao

Jan 25, 2003
you said you did everything for trunk tight in the Asylum...vocals, production, recording

i know for the actual recording, its computer based, and the vocals it looks like those 3 things drawmuh listed....what about production, and anything i mighta missd

Apr 25, 2002
www.giproductz.com
R0YALTY said:
Lexicon core 2
berringer mixer
berringer mic

thats all the assylum use's to record

Drawmuhs house

Roland 1824 hard disk recorder
Rode nt2 mic
Lexicon core 2
berringer mixer
berringer mic

thats all the assylum use's to record

Drawmuhs house

Roland 1824 hard disk recorder
Rode nt2 mic

its all e-mu sound modules for sounds. all recorded into cakewalk

maybe one day it will all be used again

What up Ragin.....Let me try to clear this up for yall...The whole 1st album was recorded studio to studio. Some of the production was done in the Asylum, but only a small ammount. All of the 1st album was recorded in large studios..Round 2. Trunk Tight was 90% produced and recorded at the Asylum with the exception of Devil Smilin. Round 3; Brainstorm will be 50% Asylum production, 100% Major Studio recording. I hope that gives you a little info as to how we make this happen...

As Drawmuh or Royalty or whatever mentioned, I own the B2 Mic, and Behringer Mixer, and Lexicon Core 2. Ive had these for years now, but they have all servered thier purpose. The Mic and Sound Card are definitly up for upgrading, and that is the plan as soon as Trunk Tight is out. Next in line is Digi 002 as far as recording equiptment goes. As far as a mircophone, it will be somethin in the 4 figga range..Now time for my favorite part...Sounds...

Heres the arsonal...

Audity 2K w/ Planet Phatt/Orbit Expansion Rom.
Proteus 2K w/ Protozoa Expansion Rom, Techno Synth Rom, Beat Garden Expansion Rom, Sounds of the ZR Rom.
Turbo Xtreme Lead and the MP6. Hope I aint missin nothin, you should get the picture...Dope Shit...

Hope that all makes sence to you. As far as the hate comments from Royalty or whatever, talkin about that shit dont get used..Shiiiitt...Wait till yall hear it in action on Trunk Tight, and I got so much new production available its rediculous...I cant wait to hear some music off Drawmuhs Roland 1824..I wonder when that will be..

Jan 25, 2003
GAME INSANE said:
Now time for my favorite part...Sounds...

Heres the arsonal...

Audity 2K w/ Planet Phatt/Orbit Expansion Rom.
Proteus 2K w/ Protozoa Expansion Rom, Techno Synth Rom, Beat Garden Expansion Rom, Sounds of the ZR Rom.
Turbo Xtreme Lead and the MP6. Hope I aint missin nothin, you should get the picture...Dope Shit...
the mp6...thats this?

http://www.emu.com/products/mk6/index.html

what kinda controller do you use for the modules?

Aug 12, 2002
GI:
No sampler?
I'd recommend getting a sampler for drums and some other sounds which emus tend to lack (pianos). The drums on the Planet Phatt get repetative after a while.

-=bumpus=-

Aug 12, 2002
GAME INSANE said:
Bumpus...What up playa?..Thats sick you made it to this side to spit some game on us..

What you think of a ESI-2000..?

Have you heard about the Turbo ESI2000>?
I occasionally poke my head around this board... BTW, if you got any questions, just email me and I'll get back to ya quick.

The esi-2000 has a reputation as being a very solid budget sampler. Great bang for the buck. Personally, I think that no hardware sampler can mess with the power of a software one now, but that way is not for everyone. You definately are an Emu fiend. Their filters are renowned. I was actually doing some filter design research a few months ago for a side project of a software synth I'm programming, when I came across a ton of various patents to the president of Emu for various filter technologies. So their head designer definately knows his stuff when it comes to filters.

Since you seem pretty happy with a primarily sound module setup, I'd be doing you wrong to tell you to get a more powerful sampler, since you probably wouldn't have use for all the extra features. Cop the esi2000 or a software sampler... BTW, if you're looking for some drum kits or bass sounds, hit me up, I've just started to sell them. 200 drum sounds for $25 or 400 for $40. Here is a demo

-=bumpus=-

Apr 25, 2002
www.giproductz.com
bumpus said:

I occasionally poke my head around this board... BTW, if you got any questions, just email me and I'll get back to ya quick.

The esi-2000 has a reputation as being a very solid budget sampler. Great bang for the buck. Personally, I think that no hardware sampler can mess with the power of a software one now, but that way is not for everyone. You definately are an Emu fiend. Their filters are renowned. I was actually doing some filter design research a few months ago for a side project of a software synth I'm programming, when I came across a ton of various patents to the president of Emu for various filter technologies. So their head designer definately knows his stuff when it comes to filters.

Since you seem pretty happy with a primarily sound module setup, I'd be doing you wrong to tell you to get a more powerful sampler, since you probably wouldn't have use for all the extra features. Cop the esi2000 or a software sampler... BTW, if you're looking for some drum kits or bass sounds, hit me up, I've just started to sell them. 200 drum sounds for $25 or 400 for $40. Here is a demo

-=bumpus=-
Thanx folx for the feed back, you know I respect your opinion, and I will take all that into consideration...

sir-moj said:
I smell haterizm......
Aint no haterizm over here...All projects are planned out, and they aint compliations...Very few guest appearances are planned for the new coupla projects...I dont think any fanz is complainin...Look for NBD on one of our projects, Possibly Brainstorm.