Suggestions on...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 2, 2006
pioneer makes some descent 3 way speakers. my recomendation would be to get all new speakers, 5 1/4, tweets, 6X9, etc.( i did it) you will need a little amp to power them but they will sound crisp. great listening experience. i'm too old to be beating out.

Nov 24, 2003
I don't know much about CDT.

I would recommend Focal or Boston Acoustics, but that really all depends on what you want to spend.

I would recommend against 6x9s for the high end musical experience because they are built for covering a wide range of frequencies well, but not any frequency excellently; but you also need to decide what your budget is gonna be 500 or 5000 before you start modifying what you have.

Palmer

RIP SouthernComfort
Apr 10, 2006
SEAHAWKS!!!
Did a little research for you there Jesse and came accross THESE. There supposed to be awesome even if you're only powering them with a deck. Also look in to focal. I've never heard a bad focal speaker.

May 9, 2002
I don't know much about CDT.

I would recommend Focal or Boston Acoustics, but that really all depends on what you want to spend.

I would recommend against 6x9s for the high end musical experience because they are built for covering a wide range of frequencies well, but not any frequency excellently; but you also need to decide what your budget is gonna be 500 or 5000 before you start modifying what you have.
I already have a deck and Sirius setup, just looking for somethign that isnt stock and would add some "umph" to the music. I could alwasy to 5 1/4" as well, either way, i wont be getting any subs or anything crazy...just like my music to sound crips and full of life.

Did a little research for you there Jesse and came accross THESE. There supposed to be awesome even if you're only powering them with a deck. Also look in to focal. I've never heard a bad focal speaker.
That link just goes to the front page of that website...is there somethign i should be looking for in particular there?

Thanks for all your help....keep it comin!

Nov 24, 2003
Well if you aren't gonna do subs, 6x9s are nice because they will give you some good bass, but in order to do so, they give up some of the crispness on the higher frequencies.

I wouldn't rule out a getting a sub though. I have 1 10in JL W6 and it isn't a trunk rattler, but it balances out my shit nicely. You want all your frequencies to balance out and just like to much bass can throw a system off, so can too little.

May 9, 2002
Thanks dude.

Well if you aren't gonna do subs, 6x9s are nice because they will give you some good bass, but in order to do so, they give up some of the crispness on the higher frequencies.
Well they woudl be paired with up front door speakers and tweets, so it wouldnt be just new speakers in the back.

I wouldn't rule out a getting a sub though. I have 1 10in JL W6 and it isn't a trunk rattler, but it balances out my shit nicely. You want all your frequencies to balance out and just like to much bass can throw a system off, so can too little.
Sub = too much energy, money, and layout to sound right (not to mention a box, bigger amp, and a crossover). Just too much headache and if it gets stolen, then its all for nill.

I am looking at spending around $700 for new fronts, backs, and an amp (>200 watts).

Im gonna swing by Speakerlab near my pad and see what they got. My home audio is from them and have always trusted them when it comes to my stereo equipment.

Nov 24, 2003
Thanks dude.

Well they woudl be paired with up front door speakers and tweets, so it wouldnt be just new speakers in the back.

Sub = too much energy, money, and layout to sound right (not to mention a box, bigger amp, and a crossover). Just too much headache and if it gets stolen, then its all for nill.

I am looking at spending around $700 for new fronts, backs, and an amp (>200 watts).

Im gonna swing by Speakerlab near my pad and see what they got. My home audio is from them and have always trusted them when it comes to my stereo equipment.

Yeah I was at Speakerlab a couple months back (maybe 6-8) and the dude working in the car audio department was new and said that all the old installers were let go and they were changing their business model in that department so ask a lot of questions before you hand over your cash.

I have had good experiences with Speakerlab in the past though.

May 9, 2002
Damn like that? Wonder what happened. Speakerlab was the first place i ever saw the JL Audio W7...and heard it! Man, that thing was amazing....13,5 inches of raw THUMPAGE.

Looks like they carry TREO, which is supposedly a good brand for a good price.

Nov 24, 2003
Actually let me know how it goes when you are out there because I need to have some work done and speakerlab is perfect for that better than Car Toys but not nose bleed expensive shit.