Suggestions Needed & Welcome

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
yep. i deeed eet like eli, ive done it to every car ive had, and to some friends cars, best buy and them other places are rip offs

MKB

Sicc OG
Dec 19, 2002
My brothers friend might be selling that sub because they blew his amp trying to fix the cooling fan in it. My brother ended up trading one of his cars for a truck and it had 2 JL W3's in it so they put that in the car instead. I will give him a call and see what he wants for it. The Memphis subs are really good quality but they are expensive this is their 1000W RMS sub and it is $350:
http://sonicelectronix.com/item_10346_Memphis+15-M3MOJO12.html
It is definitely a good idea to go to different shops and see what they say and listen to what they have set up. They can tweak it well but you could probably do the same by yourself it just takes a lot of time. If you want to go with something that has a better reputation for subs than go with Alpine, Kicker, Infinity or something else but that pioneer sub might be good for what you want. The premier series pioneer stuff is a lot better than the garbage they sell at Wal Mart or Best Buy though. I have heard nothing but good things from Sonic and their customer service but I bought my stuff on ebay because I got it cheaper and I wasn't worried about a warranty.

MKB

Sicc OG
Dec 19, 2002
I don't really know I grew up in Vallejo and Napa but I go to school out here now. You might want to check out Hi Tech in El Cerrito on San Pablo I have heard good things about them and they helped me find carpet for my sub box.

Oct 16, 2006
mylot.com
His friend said $125 at the lowest and this thing barley got used so it is in perfect condition and you wouldn't have to pay shipping. But if you would rather get it online sonic has an open box one for $110 but im not sure on the shipping since it weights like 25 pounds:
http://sonicelectronix.com/item_11068_Pioneer+Premier+TS-W3001D4+OPEN+BOX.html
ya, I'll do that. $125 is cool. Plus, no shipping. You said that it's the same exact series/model? Do you think I'd really need the warranty, tho? Or should I just get it from his friend? Cuz it's like:

a) pay the shipping & get the short warranty
b) get it from your bro's friend w/o paying shipping.

MKB

Sicc OG
Dec 19, 2002
The only difference is that it is dual 2ohm voice coils so you can wire it at 1ohm or 2ohms but if you get an amp that is 1 ohm stable it is better since you can get more power from it. If you want the warranty then buy it online though but im not sure what it covers and how much it will be to ship it and if it blows you might have to pay for shipping it back. Just let me know what you want to do and I can pm you the info if you want it im sure he can hook it up to his JL amp to show you that it works too.

Oct 16, 2006
mylot.com
update: I just got the sub a couple days ago...
He gave me the 1 sub in a dual box... lol. so, idono if I'm gonna keep it in case I get another sub or wut. It looks kinda homemade and when Chree looked @ it, he said that the two chambers weren't sealed off. So, I'm probably gonna need a new box. But, what I'm concerned about right now is getting the right amp to power it... If I do get another sub, it'll be the same one probably, so would my best bet be to get two seperate amps, or run them both thru the same one?

May 23, 2008
bigbubblingasses.zxq.net
If you have the electrical (big 3, new batteries (deep cycle), 1/0 or 4/0g power wire and ground wire, and a H/O alternator) to run two powerful amps then

by all means get 2 amps..

if not just run 1 amp that does rated power.

I installed 2 of those Premier 3001D4 on 1 SAE-1000D amp they wanged just fine.. just make sure you have a good enclosure built.

I always stress good a electrical because if you plan on upgrading to more powerful amps / subwoofers its always good to know your electrical can handle it.... :)

MKB

Sicc OG
Dec 19, 2002
That sub can handle a lot of power so I would just cut the box in half and add another side to it then run the one with a 1000w RMS amp.

Apr 25, 2002
www.youtube.com
If you have the electrical (big 3, new batteries (deep cycle), 1/0 or 4/0g power wire and ground wire, and a H/O alternator) to run two powerful amps then

by all means get 2 amps..

if not just run 1 amp that does rated power.

I installed 2 of those Premier 3001D4 on 1 SAE-1000D amp they wanged just fine.. just make sure you have a good enclosure built.

I always stress good a electrical because if you plan on upgrading to more powerful amps / subwoofers its always good to know your electrical can handle it.... :)
Very very true. Im loosing a good 200w in power due too a small 80amp alternator and 4G wire to my hifonics sub amp.

MKB

Sicc OG
Dec 19, 2002
Your going to need to upgrade the electrical system to run 2000w RMS and the amp or amps will cost a lot of money. One should be plenty you can sell that box and get a new one or just cut that in half and add a piece of MDF board to the side and you should be fine.