Suga Free signs with Global Music Group( Death Row, mark morrison)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 19, 2008
As many of you know, Mark Morrison has inked a million dollar deal with Global Music Group. However, he isn't the only artist signing to the new home of Death Row. Global Music Group's Canadian division has inked EXCLUSIVE deals with Suga Free who has worked with DJ Quik and another artist Young Dre D. The Canadian division of Global Music Group is headed Cliff Wise and managed by Madd Padd Productions. The label has also signed a few new acts which I am not allowed by law to disclose yet. Global Music Group have also merged with, the New Jersey Based CD mastering company, Mediatechnics in a deal worth $34,000,000 dollars. This deal has enabled Global to pay the $24,000,000 owed for the purchase of Death Row Records. The label does own Death Row Records as well. Not Global Music Delaware or Suge himself, but Global Music Group does own it. The money remaining will be spent on new projects, new offices, new premises, new artists and everything that comes with building the #1 label. Global and Mediatechnics own 50/50 rights to the catalog with Global Music Group owning full control of the catalog. One 2Pac album will be released in a partnership release with 2Pac's estate. The remaining songs from the Death Row Records deal will be handed over to 2Pac's estate. So basically, you get one album that won't be raped. Also, to set the record straight, there are TWO offices one in New York and one in Tennessee.

Global Music Group is backed fully and partners with Big League Recordings, a record label/promotion company/tour agency, from New York

http://westcoastaftershock.com

May 1, 2003
So what happens to "The Chronic"? I also thought that the courts took over Death Row records? I hope this all goes as smooth as you're making it out to be.